Keys to the Kingdom/The trip of a lifetime!

minnierocks

DIS Veteran
Well, I guess I'll start at the beginning...
This past summer the kids started begging us to go back to Disney. It was the most fun that we'd ever had on vacation and we all were anxious to get back :yay:
I began searching for deals...you see the "Disney World jar" was empty! I happened to see the link to win a trip and thought "why not?". Never in a million years would I have thought that my family (from the middle of nowhere, as my DS puts it) could win.
Around the beginning of September, I had a message on our machine from someone who wanted to talk to me about the sweepstakes I had entered. I am extremely skeptical of everything and have to admit...I was looking for the catch! I listened to it a few more times and then called my DH at work. He had me walk through the message a few times and said well, call him back and see what he wants. :confused3
I call and he starts by telling me that I am his grand prize winner...I listen waiting for the catch...He assures me that there is no catch and that I am indeed the grand prize winner...at that point, I screamed and got all choked up while doing the "happy dance" :cool1:
I have to admit even when I hung up-I couldn't believe it! I call my DH back and he couldn't believe it either!
I anxiously awaited all the necessary paperwork...all the while waiting for the "catch". There appeared to be none...
The man was wonderful and so patient with me as I asked many questions and he was extremely excited about this trip. :woohoo:
As a matter of fact, everyone that I spoke with was excited!
It was still a little hard to believe though! Us? Out of all the people who entered? I was a little hesitant to tell our kids because I was afraid that it wasn't real! That somehow it was a joke or they had made a mistake...

Well, I received the paperwork and it all seemed to be legitimate...I started to fill it out and started to think about how to tell the kids... ;)

That's all for tonight...We have to be up early... :wave:

This is like a soap opera cliffhanger.... I'll tune in tomorrow! :happytv:

Again, Tammy, what a wonderful story of the magic of Disney!!! I can still see you with your great look of surprise and being overwhelmed. Great!!!! :thumbsup2

Million-Dreams.jpg

I know you are pretty new to the DIS, but you started your report in Completed Trip Reports. I am going to move you over to the Trip Report board and when you complete your whole trip, after a few weeks, I will put this back to "completed Trip Reports".

Thanks for sharing with us, we all wondered if you were a DIS member. And leave it to Dan, to have your picture already.

Can't wait for more Minnierocks! Congratulations on a trip of a lifetime!!

I am looking forward to hearing more about your unique, magical experience. :wizard: Thank you in advance for taking the time to share it with all of us! :cheer2:

I can't believe it's really you! WE all watched on TV - what a wonderful experience for all of you!! I can't wait to read the rest of your trip report!

much congratulations! and welcome to the Dis! I can't wait to read your trip report. I hope you include somepictures as well. :O)

Wow! Nice to have you on the Dis. BTW, I was one of the CMs there that morning, and had such a nice time. I can't wait to read your report.

I can't wait to here more and I hope there will be some pics! Did you know about the Dis before your trip or did you find it after?

I can't wait to hear more!! How many possible trips are there? Anyone know? Only in America!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! I know that a trip report takes time. I look forward to reading all of your magical stories. Take your time. We are all happy to wait and happy to read all that you would like to share.
I am so happy for you!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:goodvibes :wizard:

I will definitely be reading along. This sounds like it's gonna be a great story.
Congratulations to you. I hope you get time to answer some of the other posters questions as well.

Hi Minnierocks!

I didn't see you "live" but watched the video of your television debut. I can't wait to hear more about your dream vacation.

Wow! I just learned you are indeed a DIS member! Congratulations! You have no idea how much my whole family enjoyed watching the video of your family. I literally sobbed and laughed everytime I showed it to someone. I can't wait to read the rest of your report!

Thanks for sharing your story. I was so excited when I saw on FOX 8 that morning that a family from Ohio had one. It brought tears to my eyes to see how excited everyone was. I am looking forward to the rest of your report. Hello from Willard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!