Kevin's Yachtsman Review

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Just wanted to thank Kevin for the great review of the Yachtsman Steakhouse. It's been one of our favorites for quite some time now, right up with Artist Point. Since I know Kevin did a fairly recent review of AP, I'm wondering how you would rank the two of them?

Also, do you know a good way of cleaning my keyboard? I drooled all over it listening to the description of the onion rolls & garlic. ;)

I was listening to the podcast this morning and my dog, Jessie, was listening intensely to Kevin's review and started to drool. She loves to listen to him (and Bob) and gave me a rejected look when I told her no steak tonight. :laughing:

I have to make up my mind between Yachtsman Steakhouse and Narcosses (last year's best dinner for us) for our next trip.

I also have to agree! Kevin's review was great!!! so much so that im seriously considering making a ADR for the yachtsman for my trip in May. I was going to make ADRs for L'Cellier because my aunt loves steaks but I wasnt too thrill with L'Cellier the past two times I went. The first time I went (Oct 06) I thought it was just ok and maybe all the hype and expectations I had made about L'Cellier before hand made it a big letdown. So I went back again on our last trip (May 2007) because how can so many people be wrong about L'Cellier and maybe I was missing something. The second visit did not change my mind I was not that impressed with it. Don't get me wrong the food was fine!!! but as far as steakhouses go I have been to better.

I would be curious to know which Kevin feels is better the Yachtsman or L'Cellier?????

anyway it was a great review and I am looking forward to going there soon!
thanks so much Kevin for opening my eyes to something new :goodvibes

I'm a fairly recent listener to the podcast, and have to agree with Kevin's review of the Yachtsman! :thumbsup2 DH and I dined there in August '05, and I think we had the exact same entrees (I know I had the NY strip, as I still dream about it and those potatoes! :cloud9: ). Your review definitely brought it all back, and it was somewhat compensation for having to cancel an ADR we had there a couple of weeks ago. :sad1:

And to the PP - IMO, the Yachtsman wins the steak wars hands down (and then some)! Like you, I've done LC twice (to see if the 1st trip was just an aberration), and it just does nothing for us. I'd go to the Yachtsman any day, though!

I was very happy to hear this review. On our last trip we tried Yachtsman and really had a bad experience. Our waiter was terrible (plus we could hardly understand him), we were sat in a smallish room with no windows, the food was pretty good but I think the things that were bad overshadowed it. Now after listening to Kevins review I am willing to give it another try in the future.

All I know is that review made me really really hungry! I'm betting the Unplugged crew all jumped in their cars after that recording sessions and went out for dinner! I know I would have suggested it!

:rotfl:

Loved the review! I'm a huge fan of YSH. DH and I have dined there on 3 out of our last 4 anniversaries(even got personalized menus last time, without requesting them) and Ive gone once with my Mom too. It's always been an amazing meal for us. :thumbsup2

Kevin, we seem to have similar experiences in restaurants. ;)

I also have to agree! My DH and I went here for the first time in Feb 07. It was one of the best meals I have ever had, and this place ranks right up there with Cali Grill!!!!

We went to Yachtsman for our anniversary. Unfortunately, this was right before the word got out that "business casual" would now include shorts and jeans, and I thought we had to come more dressed up.

I had only brought one pair of pants, for this meal, but forgot to try them on before we left for the trip, and oops, they were a size too small! I guess I hadn't worn them in a long time, and just assumed they'd be ok.

So, I sucked it in and untucked my shirt, still had to leave the top button undone, and off we waddled to dinner. I was physically uncomfortable the whole meal, and then to add insult to injury, we were the ONLY PEOPLE in the room NOT wearing shorts!!

I feel like I am owed a do-over, and this time, I'll wear something more comfortable. Of course the moral of this story is not "go on a diet" but "wear looser pants and eat more steak".

I totally agree Kevin, those onion popovers were awesome.

My hubby and I enjoyed this review while we were eating dinner. Not a good idea. Can't wait to try the Yachtsman next year.

I, too, enjoyed Kevin's review of YSH. I was lucky enough to dine in the same room that he descrebed with a view of Stormalong Bay. Unfortunately, the meal that I had at that time was not as memorable - the strip steak was tough. At that time they were featuring a Jack Daniel's marinated steak.

My DW and I tried it again at a later time and the meal was very good. The prices sound a bit pricey now, but we may try it again based on Kevin's review. I am glad we have the DDE card. ;)

A window seat at Artist Point is still our favorite for both the view and the food choices. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter