Kevin can wait question

We only made it half way through before turning it off. From what I read they let the actress go who was playing Donna and brought on Leah Remini instead. Crappy move on their part. Did they address how she died?

I didn't like the show much when Donna was on it and I won't be watching it with Leah on it. I like what she is doing to Scientology but I don't like her as an actress -she annoys me. I like Kevin in the movies he is in - funny guy - but his show is just so much like King of Queens.... didn't like that show either lol!

We only made it half way through before turning it off. From what I read they let the actress go who was playing Donna and brought on Leah Remini instead. Crappy move on their part. Did they address how she died?
Nope, just, she’s dead. Didn’t really seem like anyone missed her either.

The show wasn't good before. It was stale, the jokes, the format.. all stale. It's really terrible that they put the blame on the actress and just killed her off.
King of Queens was a very successful show for Kevin James but started almost 20 years ago and ended like 10 years ago. What worked then, won't work now.

Only made it through half at our house too. Don't watch it regularly but tuned in last night to see Leah. Switched to Halloween baking stuff on food network. Even in reruns from last year (as prelude to last nights new episode) it was more entertaining!

Her daughter said she had been dead for over a year and Kevin James made a kung fu joke. That was it. :mad:

Yeah, that was the part we saw. It was at the beginning when they got some mail from the gym. Didn't know if anything more was said as the show went on. My husband liked that show but was never a fan of King of Queens because of Leah. Even though the producers are saying it's not a reboot, I think it will easily become one. How can they not fall back into their old roles and dynamic?

There's no doubt Kevin James is just "Doug" all over again, but we enjoyed the show. No plans to watch anymore.

There's no doubt Kevin James is just "Doug" all over again, but we enjoyed the show. No plans to watch anymore.
Last season when he bought the “Pho Truck” without telling Donna, I thought, “This seems familiar.” Later that week King of Queens was on and Doug buys an ice cream truck without telling Carrie.

That people didn’t like Donna really wasn’t the woman who played her fault. Wasn’t really even the character’s fault. Good or bad, people wanted a King of Queens reboot and they didn’t get it. Now they’re trying and it’s too late. Kevin James needs someone to play off of, Donna at least gave him that. They would have been better off just replacing her with Leah as Donna. Killing a main character off just doesn’t work for a comedy. Just ask the cast of 8 Simple Rules. (RIP John Ritter)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter