Kennedy Space Center, Beach Hotel Help!!!

Tigger&Belle

<font color=blue>I'm the good girl on the DIS<br><
We keep going around in circles with plans for spring break.

Our current thinking is that we'll spend a couple of night in the KSC area before going to Universal. I'm looking for a nice hotel/resort hopefully on the beach. How far is it from KSC to the nearest Atlantic beach? I know that there is a Holiday Inn Oceanfront in Cocoa Beach that looks nice and has rooms large enough to fit our family of 6. It is supposed to be 17 minutes away from KSC, according to the HI website. Does that sound about right? Is there a closer beach that I should be checking? I may go to KSC with the whole family and then go back to the hotel when my 4yo has had enough of the space center so that's why I'm trying to get a nice place that's fairly close. Or I might just stay at the beach that day with him, in which case I wouldn't need to be quite as close to KSC, but would want to be right on the beach.

Can anyone direct me to a nice hotel/resort that has rooms/suites big enough for a family of 6. Also, a nice zero entry pool would be good. I looked into the Ron Jon resort, but when I called they were booked.

Thanks, T&B

I have never been there personally, but the Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach is where our Company President stays every year when he takes his family to Florida. I think that may be saying a lot because I think that cost is not a factor for him.

Finfan, thanks for the link. We might stay at the Resort at Cocoa Beach. It's more $ than some other places, but it seems nice and we'd be able to spread out a little. I told my DH that we could have dinner in the room to save $ if we stay there since it's a full kitchen. He agreed when I showed him the picture of the whirlpool.

Klait, that is interesting about the Holiday Inn. If it's the same one I've read about I was all set to stay there. Then I started reading about it and there have been numerous complaints about cleanliness, bugs, etc, etc. It has the AAA endorsement, but the place seems questionable. I'm so scared about ending up in a dive (been there, done that). I'm glad that your company president has had good luck there. The pool looks real nice and I was excited about staying there. :confused:

Thanks! T&B

Checked in the Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach last June. Huge cockroach in drawer next to bed. Mold was thick on wall and carpet between bed and table. I checked out before I got the car unloaded. The pool area looked nice as did the lobby but the rooms were very old and in bad shape.

Glad to help T&B,

Hope it all works out. We went to KSC in Dec., LOVED IT! Only had 1 day to spend there and really wish we had 2. We were up against Xmas week crowds which really slowed down our day, but it was truly a great experience. If you can, do the tour that includes the VAB (vehicle assembly building)it will use up a lot of your time, but it was sold out for the day we were there and were crushed. Our kids are older tho...9 and 13, but saw many younger ones. The astronaut museum was also very cool....lots of hands on things and a couple of simulator rides(indoor) Enjoy your trip.

Pam

TGC, that's exactly the kind of comments thatI read about the Holiday Inn Oceanfront. Yuck! I know that they are updating now, but I don't want to take a chance on getting a room like that. I know that there are bugs in FL and that it's humid and the mold thrives, but that is justtoo much.

Finfan, I know that my husband and 13yo will enjoy KSC a lot. I will probably stay back at the hotel with my 4yo since he isn't the most patient of kids and I'd just spend my time entertaining him and I can do that better at the beach. I would like my 16yo daughter to go to KSC, but when she hears about me being at the beach for the day she may insist on that. I don't know what my 10yo will choose, if given a choice. He'll have time in the future to return to KSC, though, because I'd like to go back when my 4yo is older.

I love staying in hotels and taking vacations, but sometimes the process of choosing a place is stressful because I want the trip to go so well and a bad hotel can put a damper on things.

Thanks for your help and comments! T&B

Jo.

I know you want to stay on the beach. However, I wanted to mention that we stayed 3 nites at the Holiday Inn Titustville and it is very clean and reasonably priced. Pool is not fancy but adequate.

Titusville is across the Indian River from KSC.

herc.

Thanks, Hercamore (what in the heck is hercamore??? lol). I did look into that Holiday Inn, but decided that I needed a place on the beach because while my husband is at KSC I will stay back at the hotel with our 4yo. He wouldn't have any patience for the space center and my husband can go have a fun day without us having to entertain Jake. And I can hang at the beach. :teeth:

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter