Keeping my November reservation

barbz56

Mouseketeer
I keep going back and forth if I should cancel my November reservation. I want to see Disney at Christmas. I’m still paying on this trip. I know next year will most likely be crowded. Any advice from any Disney veterans here would be appreciated. I haven’t bought my airfare yet. TIA

We are going at end of August and mid November. Full steam ahead unless something insanely worse happens.

I've been debating a November trip since around Christmas and still am. I have nothing booked, but still thinking about it. I don't think we will really know what it will be like until maybe around September (and it could still change then).

I think it depends on your wants for your trip. If you don't go that often I'd maybe postpone to a different time when it'll possibly be more "normal." But still wouldn't necessarily cancel right now. We go about every other year so missing out on a few things isn't a huge deal. We aren't into character meets, so that doesn't bother us if they won't be meeting. We like the night shows, but really only get to one or two of them a week, so once again not a deal breaker for us but would like them. Like a couple TS meals throughout the trip, but there are plenty of good QS so that isn't a big deal to us either.

However, I'm not sure if I would want to wear a mask all day (although its not a complete dealbreaker) if that would be a thing and still is around then. And if some of the attractions are closed where they maybe can't do proper distancing I don't think I'd want to go.

I think it will probably be a good year to go though. Even if there are a couple downfalls, I don't think crowds will be all that big this year. It could for sure go either way, but I think alot of people will stay away from big gatherings for a while. I don't think thats necessarily true for the fanatics and people here on the DIS, but I would venture to guess it may be for alot of once in a lifetime (or once in every 5-10 years) trippers.

I'd definitely keep it for now if you can do so without any financial issues. So much can change between now & November and no one knows how things will change. It's so hard to predict what the parks will be like until they open and even then there will likely still be a lot of changes as time goes by.

Booked our Nov. trip in Feb. and hoping things will get better. If not, will try for next year. Going a bit stir crazy, not left my house for 5 weeks. Now we wait for hurricane season. :(

We booked SW airfare on points for the beginning of November (less than 16K points each, round trip, for direct flights from Rochester, NY). We can't make hotel reservations or buy park tickets yet, but we can cancel our flights right up until the day before without penalty. So we decided to book the airfare and see what opens up, if there are any discounts and how COVID-19 is affecting Florida as we get closer to November. I'm hoping for the best!

I rented DVC points for our trip at the end of November so we'll definitely go. It helps that all we have to do is drive the excruciating 2 and a half hour drive up there.

I keep going back and forth if I should cancel my November reservation. I want to see Disney at Christmas. I’m still paying on this trip. I know next year will most likely be crowded. Any advice from any Disney veterans here would be appreciated. I haven’t bought my airfare yet. TIA

It's a roll of the dice with little to no risk in my opinion. My wife and I moved our trip from Sept to Dec and are crossing our fingers. But worst case we cancel and move it ahead again.

@barbz56: Do you have a package reservation? Since you say you're paying on it, I assumed this was the case, because if you had a room-only reservation you would have paid a one night's deposit when you booked it and the rest would be due at check-in.

If you have a lot of money tied up in this that you need for something else, then the answer is simple--cancel. You can always go some other time.

My sister and I have reservations for December (room only) and we reserved our park days last week. Our feeling is that it'd be great if we could go, but if for any reason we can't, we'll just cancel. Neither of us has booked transportation yet. We're both waiting on that one. I would definitely not book air right now unless the airline you'd use will refund all (or most of) your money if you end up having to cancel the trip.

No one knows what it's going to be like in November or December. Hang in there if you can and if you can't, then just cancel. Maybe it'd help if you set a deadline for yourself: decide by Day X, whatever that day would be.

I’m waiting till late sept to decide if taking Nov trip. Do you know where they are at calling people about changing resorts ?

One of the reasons I want to go is to document Disney World during this time in our history. Decades from now my great great grandchildren will have visual proof of that one time grandma went to Disney World and it was empty.

We are going end of Nov. Looking forward to it. Want to see what it's like. We are 47 and healthy. And will be back home for plenty of time to self quarantine before doing Xmas with our elderly parents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!