Keeping kids occupied in Epcot

cmorris303

DIS Veteran
Hi, We will be staying at the BC in August and will be spending quite a bit of time in EP. In our group we have 9 kids ages 5-13. Anyone have any fun things you have done to keep the kids occupied?

Agent P adventure keeps my kids fully occupied. Have your kids done that in the different countries?

My kids love Epcot. In fact, the first time we were there (2 days at Epcot), we didn't get through everything in Epcot. I don't think they have the Duffy activity anymore- where each country they'd stamp the stick and sign. But there are plenty of outdoor shows and they love the aquarium. Innovations had activities as well that they enjoyed. The best part to them is eating snacks :)

Agent P adventure keeps my kids fully occupied. Have your kids done that in the different countries?
We've never tried Agent P. I've heard of it, but don't know much about it. The last few times we went it was F&W or F&G and we bought the maps and did the scavenger hunts so I never looked into Agent P.

We've never tried Agent P. I've heard of it, but don't know much about it. The last few times we went it was F&W or F&G and we bought the maps and did the scavenger hunts so I never looked into Agent P.

Def try it! They are a ton of fun, even I was following the kids around. The nice thing about them is that each adventure is in one country so you can give the kids a bit of freedom to do the adventure but it won't send them all over the place.

Hi, We will be staying at the BC in August and will be spending quite a bit of time in EP. In our group we have 9 kids ages 5-13. Anyone have any fun things you have done to keep the kids occupied?
The youngest child I ever traveled to Epcot with was 8 the first time. He was fascinated by a lot of the different countries as was his older cousin who was 11 then.

The 8 year old found the Canada movie really cool even though it's standing only; asked his Mom when they can go since it's "close", LOL. He was entranced with the Japan Pavilion in general as was his older cousin. They loved shopping in the store, the then exhibit of "Cute Culture", and he in particular started imagining a war being fought at the gate with moat at the end of the gallery, got to love kiddos. Pretty sure he was reading a fictional book at the time that related to samurai. His older cousin was in wuv with the products of the department store and wants to visit Disney Tokyo now. She also purchased and read a book about fresh pearls after her visit.

The then 12 y/o DGDl very much enjoyed the film about life in France even though a CM told her it was dated (made in the '80's, I think) but since I lived there at that time we had an extended convo with the Nantes born CM regarding it. Helped me to convince DGD to visit France and some members of her family there this year.

The kids enjoy visiting the Germany Pavilion every year; they think it looks like a fairy tale.

I find Epcot amazing for kids with or without the rides oh right they always want to visit the different fountains (skipping and interactive ones being their favs and mine) and they now have their favorite restaurants (walking thru the souk of Morocco and pretending to be lost was too silly). We all also like the different story tellers, acrobats, and musicians thru out the World, no matter the time of year.

For my sight there is something for every age:).

Epcot is my daughters’ favorite park. We easily fill up two days there every trip and still want more.
We get passports and they have them stamped at each country. The agent perry stuff. They can spend a. Hour just playing the drums at the outpost. So much to do packed in the countries and then the other half of the park!

My kids loved the pressed penny machines. We got one for each country.
In previous years, we've done the passports. That was fun too. My daughter used to love the Duffy coloring sticks, but they did away with that.
Also, kids love Club Cool, where they can sample sodas from other countries.

We tried agent P in August in Norway and Mexico. Sadly it wasn’t working well so we never got to the end.

It did take up a lot of time though.

And my kids love Epcot, they have no choice! There are tons of things to see and eat!

I should add that my kids love the stores in WS. Especially in the Japan and Mexico pavilions. My son loves Sergio the mime in Italy. We make a point to see him every trip. Also Biergarten has a polka band which is a lot of fun.

Our kids loved Epcot! One thing to do is visit the Kidcot station in each country (there will be a sign). They get a signed postcard with a saying written in that language (I think France was "Bonjour", in Japan and Chinese it was written in the characters.) They got stickers and a little plastic ziplock suitcase to keep their postcards in. They really loved exploring too. Most countries (all?) have characters to meet, entertainment of some sort, some have rides, snacks to try, etc. Future World of course also has rides and characters, and imagination play areas. Epcot was also the least crowded park we visited, so it was nice and we felt like we could take our time visiting without being rushed.

Our kids loved Epcot! One thing to do is visit the Kidcot station in each country (there will be a sign). They get a signed postcard with a saying written in that language (I think France was "Bonjour", in Japan and Chinese it was written in the characters.) They got stickers and a little plastic ziplock suitcase to keep their postcards in. They really loved exploring too. Most countries (all?) have characters to meet, entertainment of some sort, some have rides, snacks to try, etc. Future World of course also has rides and characters, and imagination play areas. Epcot was also the least crowded park we visited, so it was nice and we felt like we could take our time visiting without being rushed.

Got to look for Kidcot stations since could be DGD and her bestie will still enjoy them at their current "we are not babies" age, LOL. :cool:.

I just went with a 6 and 4 year old and they loved Epcot!

We got a passport (I think it is around $12), to collect stamps and also got the free postcards and stickers from the Kidcot stops. We spent two days in Epcot and didn't get everything done we wanted. Both kids loved Test Track and my older one loved Soarin' (a bit scary for the 4 year old), Living with the Land and the Figment ride were both big hits as well. My younger one loved the Nemo ride and could have spent hours in the Seas pavilion looking at the aquariums. Meeting Baymax was a big highlight of the trip for them as well.

Younger kids - collect the free souvenirs, the KidCot stations, M&G with different costumes
Older Kids - learn something in a new language, eat a new dessert, go crazy with the selfies with cool backgrounds

There's the Agent P spy game or something equivalent to a park-wide scavenger hunt, I forget if that's still the IP it's using...

We tried agent P in August in Norway and Mexico. Sadly it wasn’t working well so we never got to the end.

It did take up a lot of time though.

And my kids love Epcot, they have no choice! There are tons of things to see and eat!
I love this...my kids have no choice either, but we're traveling with other families and I'm afraid they may not have the same philosophy.

Younger kids - collect the free souvenirs, the KidCot stations, M&G with different costumes
Older Kids - learn something in a new language, eat a new dessert, go crazy with the selfies with cool backgrounds

There's the Agent P spy game or something equivalent to a park-wide scavenger hunt, I forget if that's still the IP it's using...
Great ideas!! Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter