Keeping control of calories on DCL

5xdisneyfans

Mouseketeer
I have been doing so well with my weight loss since the new year. Using MFP and Fitbit everyday. So worried about gaining weight on my cruise. I won't have wifi to use my apps. I already told my husband I may want to split alot with him this time for the fast service stuff to cut back on portions. Hoping to break even with my weight after my cruise. Will be walking alot. I fear my losing my momentum after the trip. Still have 39lbs to lose to get to my goal weight. Hoping to get a few more off before my cuise in two weeks. Has anyone not gained weight on a week long cruise?

I am in the same "boat," so to speak, as you. I have lost 30 lbs. since August. I want to be able to eat more than grilled chicken and vegetables, but not gain back what I have worked so hard to lose. I plan on exercising in some capacity, be it walking around the track or going to the fitness center, or snorkeling at the beaches. My favorite breakfast on the ship is Greek yogurt with fruit toppings, so I plan on eating that instead of the high-carb, high-sugar options. I'll keep my treats to a minimum, though I do plan on eating birthday cake on my birthday, though, and I WILL drink wine! I'll also bring my diet and nutrition supplements with me and remain on those during the cruise.

Last year I went on 2 7-night cruises. First one I gained 6 pounds (!!!). Second one I made some changes and gained 3.

Changes...
- At dinner they offer you 4 courses - appetizer, soup/salad, entree and dessert. Along with bread. So be prepared for that. My big revelation (and this sounds so dumb) was realizing I don't *have* to eat every course at dinner. The servers asked multiple times if I was sure and I had to keep saying yes
- first time for breakfast I had Mickey waffles, eggs, etc every morning. Second time I stuck to the muesli from Cabanas for breakfast (more similar to what I eat for breakfast at home)
- smaller lunches on second cruise
- less snacking

What I AM good with on cruises is taking the stairs instead of the elevators and hitting the gym each morning. But the food changes were what made the difference.

At this point I know I'm going to come away having gained SOMETHING, but the good news is that how I eat on a cruise isn't how I eat every day at home - once I go back to "normal" eating the extra weight goes away. :) Have a fun cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!