Karmel vs taxi or ??

millie0312

DIS Veteran
As we gear up for a last minute (for me) trip the first week in Jan were coming across some things that are new for us- since there is no more Disney Express we were considering Karmel ($95 each way) or even a taxi (I read it was $45 each way?). We are 2 kids (7 and 14) and myself- we will have 3 big bags and 3 carry on bags plus likely a stroller and are flying in/out of SNA and to the Hojo. Any thoughts on best transport that is somewhat cost effective (while a private limo would be fun I think Karmel’s $95 discount each way would be about the max we want to pay). Any thoughts from those who have used anything lately? I want to make sure it will fit my kids/luggage and not be too difficult for me to manage solo with kids. Thanks!!

I don't have experience getting a taxi from the stand at SNA, but at Long Beach they definitely had both regular and minivan taxis available. If you schedule a trip, you can definitely specifically request a minivan-- we've done return trips twice from DL to SNA. The first time we specifically requested a minivan, the second one we ended up with a minivan even though we didn't request it.

Flat-rate is $44. https://www.californiayellowcab.com/sna/.

It's so easy and convenient and less expensive that I don't see any need to deal with a shuttle (flying into LAX is a different story since shuttles can pick up outside the terminal and taxis require you to go to the LAX-it lot).

We were there in October. Walked out of SNA with our luggage and I was getting ready to book an Uber, but a long line of Taxis were right there- and there were SUV/MiniVan types there which could easily fit our luggage. We were 3 adults and a teen with 3 big bags and 3 carry on bags. Taxi wound up being about $10 cheaper than the UBER I had pulled up on my phone. I think the taxi was $30 or $35 and the UBER XL I pulled up was $40 or $45 (the UBER price changes based on time of day, traffic, availability etc). Driver was great. Loved having no wait at all. Would absolutely do that again.

There is a Taxi spot at DLH, but there are not always taxis there. When we were ready to to back to the airport, there were none there so I booked an UBER XL. The first was only 2 minutes away and I turned around to make sure DH had the bags from bell services before booking and when I looked back, I had already lost that one and the next one was 5 minutes away and $10 more. I think it jumped from $35 to $45. Oh well--- 5 minutes was accurate and the driver was great- we had no issues at all. Bell services told us that if you want a taxi you can book it in advance to be at DLH at the time you want. We are fine with UBER, we have used it on vacation several places.

Recently used Anaheim Town Car Services. Private van and car seat provided at no additional cost. Very nice Graco car seat that seemed almost new.

Likely more expensive than taxi or rideshare, but just wanted to mention the recent very positive experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter