K-Cups in the rooms/honor bar questions

thanks for the info!!!!

So, let me just get this straight. They stock the room with various k-cups. If you need more than they give you, you pay 1.50 each.

We are staying 7 nights...Do we get the same amount as someone who stays 2 nights? that seems weird!

I have lots of them at home, so I will probably just throw some in the suitcase.. ..not a big deal!

People were probably taking advantage and bring home tons for their home use!:rolleyes2 Now, we all suffer!;)

YES.
you have complimentary pods in the room when you check in.
after that, replishing them will cost $1.50 per pod.

i stay 10 nights/11 days...........yea, i'll be paying for coffee pods.
i might just do orchid lounge court for the mornings i do early entry.
it's convenient for the ala carte food and coffee and allows me to be at the park gate early before most places (food) open up.

then i'll use the pods for afternoon or late evenings and buy more when i need them.

i can't remember how many pods are in the room when you first arrive.
i think it is a couple of decaf, couple of regular, same with the hot chocolate and teas.
so that would be either 8 or maybe 10 pods that are complimentary.

i did not ask if the number of pods in the room were per day or per stay.
just didn't think of that question.

my one question was what if i only drink one type of pod.
i don't do decaf, tea, hot chocolate.
only drink the bold Emerils (or whatever brand it currently is)

i was told i could have the pods all be the same that are complimentary when i check in.

i'll call back tomorrow to find out if the pod start out is for per day or stay.

i was first connected to reservations that are offsite.
that person told me all the pods are complimentary.
i told him i heard otherwise.

i then hung up and called the hotel directly to get the answer.

when you really need to know the correct answer, it is always best to call the hotel front desk directly.

shoney, i think that is a good guess you posted.
maybe hotel guests took advantage of the pods by contacting star service for more and taking them home with them when they checked out.

i don't have a keurig at home.
i would go broke on the pods if i did.
:laughing:

Thanks for all the info:)
I will likely go with bringing my own simply because I get them so much cheaper than 1.50 a pod. With my kids drinking hot chocolates, and dh and I maybe 3 or 4 coffees each a day, and maybe a decaf tea before bed it would add up really quickly. I want to save my pocket money for our dinners out etc so it's a small way to not spend an extra 30 or 40 dollars if I bring a mixed box.

Oh that is SO depressing. I didn't go crazy with the coffee, but I did drink it during the stay. And I enjoyed it, since I have a bit of an addiction to the stuff. All the hot chocolate powders and teas were left by us; all DH and I ever had was the coffee.

Le sigh.

But mac, I do have to say that the confusion is valid, since the first post, from October, did mention seeing a "complaint about the honor bar that seemed to also talk about the price of K-cups". So someone was talking about this back then, and you've been since then, when there was no charge. If the change is new, there shouldn't have been talk of it in October, see what I mean? It's confusing.

There are also recent posts on trip advisor that say the maid replenishes it every day, so who knows. I'm sure Mac will get the definitive answer today. I still haven't received any response to my email.

I heard my name...............::yes::

ok, here is the scoop and it really isn't bad at all.

the K cups are replenished every day by housekeeping.
repeating: Kcups are replaced every day of your stay.

there are 8 pods in the tray that is on your counter by the Keurig.
All 8 of these are complimentary.

there are pods kept in the mini bar in your room.
if you take any of those pods out of the mini bar, you will pay $1.50 per pod.
housekeeping checks this daily for any charges to be applied on your bill.

if you only want a specific kcup, let the front desk know and you will only receive those 8 pods.

in all my stays, i have always refused the key to the mini bar.
it is noted on my file during check in.
that way there are no issues of charges for something i never received.
also, if a charge would show up in error, it is removed immediately as it is noted in my file i refused the bar key.

remember i posted earlier that reservations is not giving out complete information about the Kcups.

what is in the tray on your bureau is free.....complimentary.

So you're saying you get up to 8 free K-cups every day (and can request what those 8 are), but if you use them up and take some from the minibar, the minibar ones are $1.50 each. That's a relief.

there are pods kept in the mini bar in your room.
if you take any of those pods out of the mini bar, you will pay $1.50 per pod.
housekeeping checks this daily for any charges to be applied on your bill.

Whew! Thank you!

macraven, thanks for krackin' the kase of the k-cups!

Makes sense.

so, some ppl must have assumed that there was 1.50 charge no matter what because it is listed on the minibar menu.

Now, we know where the confusion came from.

Ahhhh! We can all enjoy our morning coffee....for free!!!!

So you're saying you get up to 8 free K-cups every day (and can request what those 8 are), but if you use them up and take some from the minibar, the minibar ones are $1.50 each. That's a relief.

yes, but if you request certain pods only, make sure you call the front desk to have it in your file.
they in turn will contact housekeeping so you receive the correct Kcups.

Whew! Thank you!
and thank you for the previous backup.

macraven, thanks for krackin' the kase of the k-cups!

Makes sense.

so, some ppl must have assumed that there was 1.50 charge no matter what because it is listed on the minibar menu.

Now, we know where the confusion came from.

Ahhhh! We can all enjoy our morning coffee....for free!!!!

i agree about that confusion.
it takes one person to post on a site, in this case trip advisor, to state a new policy but don't give all the facts to it.

i drink a lot more than 8 cups of coffee each day.
i'll probably hit orchid court lounge some mornings and then use the pods in the room.
i'm not going to take the mini bar key so i guess i will work with the front desk and pay up front for more pods to be left in my room each morning.

hey homie damo, did you get a reply to your email yet?

yes, but if you request certain pods only, make sure you call the front desk to have it in your file.

Front Desk or Star Services?

I was totally thinking about you, knowing your coffee habit, when I saw the post. :)

I really dislike tripadvisor and rarely trust anything on it. (sorry to anyone here who posts trustworthy things on there, I got out of the habit of reading or trusting it a long time ago)

i was told by two different employees (by phone yesterday and today) you need to contact the front desk.

they put the request in to housekeeping manager for you.
(my request of 8 Kcup pods of regular coffee only)
the hskeeping sup would then give that request to your maid.

if you call star service, it might screw things up i am thinking.
when you call them for something you need, they contact the department for your behalf. how would they know that you were preapproved for 8 coffee pods and not the assortment?

what if housekeeping turns in info that you received extra pods.
would housekeeping think that they should list charges on your room for that day?

i just don't know if any of that could happen.

to be on the safe side, contact the front desk.
if they tell you to call star service for housekeeping, then that would be a different situation.

my trip is this fall. (hhn, woot!)

if there are any policy changes, i hope posters will give a heads up to us.

sometimes none of us here are aware of a policy change unless we read it on the dis, get an email from Loews or Universal.

and thank you for the previous backup.

i agree about that confusion.
it takes one person to post on a site, in this case trip advisor, to state a new policy but don't give all the facts to it.

i'll probably hit orchid court lounge some mornings and then use the pods in the room.
i'm not going to take the mini bar key so i guess i will work with the front desk and pay up front for more pods to be left in my room each morning.

hey homie damo, did you get a reply to your email yet?

That doesn't sound bad at all. I haven't received a response to my email. Maybe it is only done during regular weekday hours. I'll post if and when I hear anything.

Hopefully, the manager will come on trip advisor and straighten that person out. The Loews managers often respond there.

i did tell the two employees i spoke with that the report on Trip Advisor stated the $1.50 charge for the kcups.

macraven said:
i was told by two different employees (by phone yesterday and today) you need to contact the front desk.

they put the request in to housekeeping manager for you.
(my request of 8 Kcup pods of regular coffee only)
the hskeeping sup would then give that request to your maid.

if you call star service, it might screw things up i am thinking.
when you call them for something you need, they contact the department for your behalf. how would they know that you were preapproved for 8 coffee pods and not the assortment?

what if housekeeping turns in info that you received extra pods.
would housekeeping think that they should list charges on your room for that day?

i just don't know if any of that could happen.

to be on the safe side, contact the front desk.
if they tell you to call star service for housekeeping, then that would be a different situation.

my trip is this fall. (hhn, woot!)

if there are any policy changes, i hope posters will give a heads up to us.

sometimes none of us here are aware of a policy change unless we read it on the dis, get an email from Loews or Universal.

Thanks for all of this as my husband and I are avid coffee drinkers
We are planning a HRH stay in August; so will be paying close attention to this thread!

Can the Keurig be used to just get hot water for tea bags that you bring? Or your own hot chocolate which is not in a K-cup?

Can the Keurig be used to just get hot water for tea bags that you bring? Or your own hot chocolate which is not in a K-cup?

Yes, I own a Keurig machine and you can just push the button to make the water come through and don't put a pod in it. You will have a cup of hot water....however, you may want to do this at least once before you use it for whatever you are making to clean it out. You are supposed to do this from time to time to filter the machine.

I imagine there are plenty of people who will be there before I am, but when I go in March, I will report back what happens.

Yes, I own a Keurig machine and you can just push the button to make the water come through and don't put a pod in it. You will have a cup of hot water....however, you may want to do this at least once before you use it for whatever you are making to clean it out. You are supposed to do this from time to time to filter the machine.

thank you for posting that!
it is something that others might not be aware of.

i always run two pots of water through the Keurig before i use it to make coffee.
i don't know if housekeepers clean the machine after each guest leaves, so i make sure it is.

We are going the End of August..Will keep my eye out on this thread..DH used the Keurig CONSTANTLY on our last visit.Me not so much because I only drink green tea and I don't like the Keurig for tea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter