Just when I think my itinerary is complete....

w8ting4pooh

Commando planner
My kids announced last night that they would really like to go to Sea World!! We start our package @ Disney on 7/5- the fourth of July is our open day and I planned to spend the day shopping and swimming.

Some Questions:
How crowded is the park on a major holiday? We know to get there before they open, go to Kraken first, etc. With holiday crowds, could we still get to see most of the park if we stay until 6?

Can you get the next day free tickets for July 4th? The kids and I arrive @ 3 p.m. on the third. I was thinking of going for a few hours while we wait for my hubby to arrive much later in the evening. I do not want to pay for two days of admission.

Has anyone stayed at any hotels thru Hotwire or Priceline for the Sea World area?

Thanks much for your advice! I really wanted to spend our first full day relaxing but Sea World does sound like loads of fun!

I don't see why the 2nd day free wouldn't work on July 4th, unless they black it out. The only way to find out is to call them at 1-800-4-ADVENTURE.
I went July 4th two years ago after our visit to DC. It was crowded, but that's because everyone was watching the final Shamu show, then the fireworks we're done at the ski stadium, so everyone was in the same location.
In our case, we skipped the final Shamu show, and went straight to the ski stadium, where the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra put on a show which included the fireworks. We we're in the 3rd row, it was cool. We got to that show 1 hour before it started and waited. You can do SWF on a busy day if you get to each show early. You'll also have to eat an early lunch to avoid the lines at the restaurants. The next morning it wasn't crowded.

Hotels? We stayed at the Renaissance Resort, literally across the street. They run holiday specials, we booked it from their web site here.
http://renaissancehotels.com/dpp/PropertyPage.asp?MarshaCode=MCOSR&checked=True&Marriott_BD

I was curious and just checked the rates for the Renaissance checking in July 3rd checking out July 5th. They have the holiday rates. Regular room $109, View $119, Club level $129.
Go for Club Level, you get free breakfast and evening hours D'Ouevres (heated spinach rolls and other snacks). This is the same deal I got 2 years ago, and it was the best.

Gosh, now I'm thinking about it.

That sounds great. I think that hotel participates in Priceline. That would be even better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter