Just watched the first episode of The Mandalorian!

Ugh, I loved it. It feels like Star Wars (Rogue One specifically) with a twinge of The Orville. Which I mean in the highest compliment.

Yep. I’m sure if I were to get Disney+ that I would binge most of the content I want to see within a month. I’m not really looking for the old stuff. I just want to watch the original programming.

Agree. We’re nit interested in the old stuff either. We got it free for a year through our Verizon unlimited plan or not sure I would have bothered. We already pay for Prime and Netflix and cable so we’re all set with entertainment at this point.

I understand that Disney took a lot of crap for inventing Batuu only to have fans show up and not recognize the world. But honestly... did we need THAT much fan-service in this initial episode? I felt as if I was being beaten over the head over and over again with "Hey, just in case you've forgotten, do remember... this is a Star Wars show."

I understand that Disney took a lot of crap for inventing Batuu only to have fans show up and not recognize the world. But honestly... did we need THAT much fan-service in this initial episode? I felt as if I was being beaten over the head over and over again with "Hey, just in case you've forgotten, do remember... this is a Star Wars show."

It was a tad heavy handed, but hopefully it's just for the first one.

I watched the first episode and enjoyed it. Ive read a couple articles about easter eggs and nods to the original trilogy, but I caught something I havent seen mentioned and wanted others thoughts. In the cantina scene where the mandalorian is asking apollo creed about the next jobs he says something to the effect of he doesnt have much just a few bail jumpers and a smuggler then he lays the discs down on the table.

I know the series takes place a few years after Return of the Jedi, and that Jabba the Hit is no longer around, but do you think that smuggler is a refrence to Han Solo?

Watched episode 2 yesterday and was a bit bored. Could have easily NOT aired that one and nothing would have changed. They could have easily written the bit about the force into any other future episode. You know, because infants can suddenly use the force without training. Can't wait to see how they write themselves out of this twist.

Overall, it seemed that they've slowed the storyline down for the sake of stretching things out into a full season.

Loved episode 2, keep 'em coming! The second eppy had a graphic novel vibe, IMO. I'm in the middle of the second Imagineering episode as well, and I'm actually glad they are only releasing new episodes on Fridays, as then you have plenty of time to watch and digest each installment.

Wondering how long before Disney's new "girls count too" campaign creeps into this series and destroys it with an over-saturation of female characters? Because I can guarantee that it's coming. Just a matter of when.

It was pretty good. The first few minutes reminded me of the old Clint Eastwood westerns like Hang 'em High. Heck, the main character even sounds like Clint's Eastwood's character in those films.

And to go with the ending, what is Yoda's last name?
Answer: Lay-he hoo!
Boy, did I nail it or what?
"I like the image of the Mandalorian because it really hearkened back to the Westerns and samurai films that had originally influenced Lucas," Favreau said. "It’s a deconstructed version of Clint Eastwood in ‘The Man with No Name.’ That’s a great, mysterious, fun character to see the world through."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!