Just switched from Mansions to AB tell me I won't regret it.

MAC3

I'll be quiet now!
Hi Everyone,

I called to cancel Mom who backed out of next years trip and while on the phone I asked to switch from Mansions to AB. It was Mom who requested to stay in the mansions but after reading reports here, I was thinking the AB section would be better. I requested bldgs 14-16 or 18.

Tell me I didn't make a mistake.

You made a mistake. You really want to sleep on those matchstick beds :eek: Just joking of course. You'll love it and be happy to be at Disney.

We stayed at POR in the AB section on our last trip and loved it! The AB section has that more rustic ole Southern charm. No mistake made.

AB has so much more personality and pizazz than the mansions.

The mansions are ok, but the room always seem 'plain' to me, less character than AB.

We liked them both but AB was our favorite and where we will return!!

I prefer the AB section. It's rustic and cozy, I find that very appealing!

I like both sections. Originally I was not a fan of the Mansions as that kind of architecture and styling is not very appealing. I appreciated that they were well done. We stayed int he bayou section and loved it. My last trip I figured I would try the mansions and was assigned Parterre Place. I really liked it there. It was pretty and I had a view of the huge courtyard, fountain and river. The room was very nice. It is true though that the bayou rooms have more character and the bayou area is more intimate and cozy. The mansions make you feel like you are wealthy and are at your estate (or that you know someone rich who lets you stay there).

Are you sure about your switch-that you're going to get AB? I requested AB twice at POR and got Mansions both times.

I have stayed in both and find the AB section much better. We were in 14 and loved it!! Have a wonderful Disney trip!!

Originally posted by MAC3
Hi Everyone,

I called to cancel Mom who backed out of next years trip and while on the phone I asked to switch from Mansions to AB. It was Mom who requested to stay in the mansions but after reading reports here, I was thinking the AB section would be better. I requested bldgs 14-16 or 18.

Tell me I didn't make a mistake.

Just so you know you did not switch resorts. You are still booked at Port Orlans Riverside (POR). All you did was change your request to be put in the mansion section to a request to be put in the AB section. What section you would like to be in is just a request and therefore may not be granted.

Simba's Mom said:
Are you sure about your switch-that you're going to get AB? I requested AB twice at POR and got Mansions both times.
Same here! I also requested AB and was refused, nothing I could do would change the CM's mind. :(

As for the OP, Good luck getting AB! - but don't be surprised if you are in the mansions since sometimes the rooms at AB are set aside for larger groups who need the trundle bed.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I am aware that it is just a request, I have once had a request granted. Hopefully, I will get to see the AB section. If not I guess I will enjoy the Mansions.

We usually aren't fussy and have never asked to have our rooms changed.

But do all the AB rooms have trundles? Just curious?

I enjoy the Mansions better, my wife like the AB, so I guess its all personal preference!! I'm sure your going to love AB!! Its a DISNEY resort, how could you not!! ;-)

Good luck and enjoy your trip!:sunny:

To me, AB DEFINES Dixie Landings (you can't make me say the R word.) We've stayed at DxL around a dozen times and each one has been in AB.

We LOVED POR when we stayed there some years ago! If I had the money I would stay there again in a heartbeat!!! I LOVE the theming of this resort and the theming of the rooms in AB specifically fit my tastes completely! I think the mansion rooms look like any standard hotel room I've ever stayed at (i.e. marriott, etc.) IMHO.

HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!
:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter