Just off Wonder to Alaska.... any questions?

EmilyS92003

Mouseketeer
Just disembarked the Wonder today from our Alaska cruise and I am happy to answer any questions anyone may have!

who was the club host and cruise director?
what time did you arrive at port and how long did it take to get on the ship?
how long were the lines for characters out on deck for the Dawes Glacier day?
could you please post the navigator from the first day?
thank you

Hope you had a great cruise!! What dining seating did you have and what time were you off the ship please? I’m trying to sort our transport to the airport so getting an idea of timings

Can you report on the smoke from the wildfires in Alaska and Canada
This - I am especially curious about the odor of smoke on the ship from the shore in Juneau. I experienced a fire in March and lost absolutely everything except my dog. I've been focused on my July 29 cruise to cope...the smell could be a big trigger for me...
however, pretty gloomy reports on other sites....thanks in advance

who was the club host and cruise director?
what time did you arrive at port and how long did it take to get on the ship?
how long were the lines for characters out on deck for the Dawes Glacier day?
could you please post the navigator from the first day?
thank you
I do not remember the club host sorry...
We arrived around the port around 10:30. The lines weren’t bad at all but we did have to wait a while before the ship was actually ready. We were boarding group 1 so we were first on and that was probably about 11:30.
The lines were pretty bad. Almost the length of the ship. However before the first character we got in line about 20 minutes early and were first in line. We then jumped back and forth and were first in every character line. Personally I think that is the way to go.
It won’t let me post it but I can answer questions if you have any.

Hope you had a great cruise!! What dining seating did you have and what time were you off the ship please? I’m trying to sort our transport to the airport so getting an idea of timings
We were second seating. We headed down and took a very leisurely breakfast because we didn’t need to be at the airport very early. We got off the ship around 10. However you could have gotten off as early as about 9.

This - I am especially curious about the odor of smoke on the ship from the shore in Juneau. I experienced a fire in March and lost absolutely everything except my dog. I've been focused on my July 29 cruise to cope...the smell could be a big trigger for me...
I’m so sorry to here that!
Honestly I didn’t notice it at all however I also wasn’t looking for it specifically.

I’m so sorry to here that!
Honestly I didn’t notice it at all however I also wasn’t looking for it specifically.
thanks for your kind thoughts...the big social media site suggests that air quality is poor in Juneau - don' think you would have missed it...I'll cross my fingers...thanks again

thanks for your kind thoughts...the big social media site suggests that air quality is poor in Juneau - don' think you would have missed it...I'll cross my fingers...thanks again
There were lots of signs about lower air quality in the area but I will say that it wasn’t noticeable to me but as I said I wasn’t specifically looking for it.

Hi - Yes, "Freezing the Night Away"... what was it like? Thanks
It was actually pretty cute. It was kind of a dance party type thing. They had lots of frozen characters up on deck doing dances and singing songs from the movie. Lots of singing, dancing, and tons of fake snow. Earlier in the day everyone got snowflake light up necklaces that most people wore to the party.

How was embarkation? What time did you show up and how quickly were you able to board?

How was debarkation? What time were you assigned? How long did it take to get to the road.... especially with festival road closures?

On our sailing we didn’t see any of the smoke from the fires. Our guide in Skagway talked about them but it wasn’t seen

How was embarkation? What time did you show up and how quickly were you able to board?

How was debarkation? What time were you assigned? How long did it take to get to the road.... especially with festival road closures?

We arrived about 10:30 and boarded about 11:30. (Group 1)
For debarkation we went to our 2nd seating breakfast and took our time. We casually ate and sense we carried our luggage we left as soon as we were done. We got off about 10 however could have got off as early as 9. We just walked to the train station and took a train to the airport. That way we didn’t deal any traffic. However there were a ton of people down at the port for Canada Day.

Did you do any excursions? I am taking this cruise next year and I am trying to plan ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter