Just Off Fantasy

It goes fast,hope you had a good time.

We were on the Fantasy on the November 26th sailing for a merry time Christmas sailing. Did the cruise line do anything special that you know of because you were on the ship for Christmas day?
We have done several Merry time sailings however we have never been on during Christmas day.

How long were you on the crusie for? We’re going next year for 7 nights I dress similarly to what the characters wear for fun photos

Sailor
Formal
Pirates
Christmas

Did you see them in anything else outside of those?

Were the Christmas Decorations down the day you got off the ship? Leaving tomorrow on the dream and I assume that Christmas decorations will be gone, but hoping they are still there.

We were on the Fantasy on the November 26th sailing for a merry time Christmas sailing. Did the cruise line do anything special that you know of because you were on the ship for Christmas day?
We have done several Merry time sailings however we have never been on during Christmas day.
This was our first time on a cruise on Christmas Day so I have nothing to compare it to. It seemed to be pretty much of the same that went on all week. Character meet & greets, music in atrium., lots and lots of photo portraits (almost everyday and several times a day).

How long were you on the crusie for? We’re going next year for 7 nights I dress similarly to what the characters wear for fun photos

Sailor
Formal
Pirates
Christmas

Did you see them in anything else outside of those?
Seven days. Characters wore all of the above. More Christmas than anything else.

We are on the Fantasy now.

This is our 12th DCL cruise and our first since 2015.

- Transfers from Boardwalk and the embarkation process was smooth - best we’ve had. It was very orderly and stress free.

- The NYE cruise we were on in 2001 (Wonder), NYE was a formal night as you might expect. On this trip, it was a casual and we didn’t know until getting on the ship. 1/3 of passengers were dressed formally. I brought my tux and decided to wait until the formal night after reading the navigator. There was no clear direction on what the schedule was going to be. They gave out cool aluminum champagne cups for a toast - but no party favors as we had the last time.

NYE should have been a formal night - and they could have communicated to passengers in advance of the cruise.

- Dining has been very uneven. We have late dining. We didn’t finish until 10:30 - over 2 hours? We ordered a second round of drinks and the asst server came around 20 minutes and asked if we had received them / that’s sorta his job? We canceled them. Coffee wasn’t served to any table around us for dessert. The cadence of the meal was off - hopefully it will correct tonight.

Food quality really seems to have deteriorated. The pickup food windows were behind when we attempted lunch mid afternoon. They were out of several things. The pizza and fries were not cooked enough. I ordered a chicken panini with no sauce. The one I was given had no chicken!

Breakfast was very good.

Other notes - beer mugs are available.

In earlier years, the castaway bag or cooler was in our rooms the first day - none were given out and we have gold and plat staterooms.

Wish I had better thoughts. Weather is great and the crew is friendly. The ship is in great condition. We are on deck 7 forward and love the stateroom location.

Happy New Year!

Last edited:

- Transfers from Boardwalk and the embarkation process was smooth - best we’ve had. It was very orderly and stress free.

- The NYE cruise we were on in 2001 (Wonder), NYE was a formal night as you might expect. On this trip, it was a casual and we didn’t know until getting on the ship. 1/3 of passengers were dressed formally. I brought my tux and decided to wait until the formal night after reading the navigator. There was no clear direction on what the schedule was going to be. They gave out cool aluminum champagne cups for a toast - but no party favors as we had the last time.

NYE should have been a formal night - and they could have communicated to passengers in advance of the cruise.

- Dining has been very uneven. We have late dining. We didn’t finish until 10:30 - over 2 hours? We ordered a second round of drinks and the asst server came around 20 minutes and asked if we had received them / that’s sorta his job? We canceled them. Coffee wasn’t served to any table around us for dessert. The cadence of the meal was off - hopefully it will correct tonight.

Food quality really seems to have deteriorated. The pickup food windows were behind when we attempted lunch mid afternoon. They were out of several things. The pizza and fries were not cooked enough. I ordered a chicken panini with no sauce. The one I was given had no chicken!

Breakfast was very good.

Platinum gift was only the large luggage tag and choice of truffles, fruit tray or bottle of sparkling wine.

In earlier years, the castaway bag or cooler was in our rooms the first day - none were given out and we have gold and plat staterooms.

Wish I had better thoughts. Weather is great and the crew is friendly. The ship is in great condition. We are on deck 7 forward and love the stateroom location.

Happy New Year!
Just got off the cruise as well. Surprised you didn't get the cooler bag. We had one in our room when we got there

There was a special menu for Christmas night and they did show Mass Christmas Eve and morning in the WD theater. We are Jewish and they also did a 5pm candle lighting in Cabanas as the 7th and 8th night overlapped. One of the dancers who was Jewish led the service

We also just got off the Fantasy Christmas cruise, and have done several merry time cruises in the past. Christmas day was essentially merry time on steroids. They had all the characters out in costume for large chunks of the day, Santa and Mrs Claus were doing pictures for hours by the tree in the morning. Also in the morning in the atrium they were passing out hot chocolate and cookies, pastries, etc, and had a huge table of treats set out for most of the morning. They were handing out DCL coloring puzzles to all the kids that wanted one. And dinner was a special Christmas meal.

Breakfast was very good.

Platinum gift was only the large luggage tag and choice of truffles, fruit tray or bottle of sparkling wine.

Happy New Year!
Dinner took forever on the Fantasy before your sailing, too. Have been on several DCL cruises and have never been in the restaurant when the lights came up. Said something to the manager and our dining team and it got better for a night but reverted to form. We didn't dare order coffee for fear of missing the post-dinner events.

Very odd about the non formal on New Years Eve...you'd think that would make the most sense to have it on.

So I guess when I go on the cruise I'll pack

1. Nautical
2. Formal
3. Pirates
4.-7. Christmas Outfits? :oops:

Breakfast was very good.

Happy New Year!
Thanks for the report... So... other than a cup for a toast and (maybe) the NYE menu... was there anything special... deck party? countdown to midnight?

Were the Christmas Decorations down the day you got off the ship? Leaving tomorrow on the dream and I assume that Christmas decorations will be gone, but hoping they are still there.
I was literally the last cruiser off the Fantasy on NYE (caught Covid, so I was quarantined until everyone else left). They were taking the Christmas decorations down as I was leaving, which was after 10am. My guess is they were all gone by the time the first people for the NYE cruise got on the ship around noon. They were working fast and hard.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter