Just in case you missed it...Disney raised ticket prices today (03/12/19)

I was expecting it, because apparently they have raised prices every year for a long time in February, and always on a Sunday. I purchased our tickets last month, ahead of what was 'predicted' to be the day they were to go up. They were wrong, but I'm still glad I did.

So, 5 months since the last ticket increase (from Oct 18)...probably means there will be another one in 5-6 months, too, right before they soft open the new land (I'd bet on right before October, since that's usually high season now)...

So, 5 months since the last ticket increase (from Oct 18)...probably means there will be another one in 5-6 months, too, right before they soft open the new land (I'd bet on right before October, since that's usually high season now)...
SW:GE opens on Aug. 29. It was announced at the shareholders meeting last Thursday.

SW:GE opens on Aug. 29. It was announced at the shareholders meeting last Thursday.

But I think it won't be completely finished by Aug 29. Smuggler's Run is scheduled to open, but no word yet on when Rise of the Resistance will start. Obviously some hardcore fans will want to be at the opening, but others will wait until they can get the full experience.

But I think it won't be completely finished by Aug 29. Smuggler's Run is scheduled to open, but no word yet on when Rise of the Resistance will start. Obviously some hardcore fans will want to be at the opening, but others will wait until they can get the full experience.
True. But the PP speculated that there would be yet another ticket price increase “in 5-6 months, right before they soft open the new land”. I was pointing out that SW:GE (the “new land”) would be open before then.

True. But the PP speculated that there would be yet another ticket price increase “in 5-6 months, right before they soft open the new land”. I was pointing out that SW:GE (the “new land”) would be open before then.

So, probably early August, right after Florida schools go back...that's 5 months...

So, probably early August, right after Florida schools go back...that's 5 months...
I doubt it. Three price increases in a single year would be unusual. Yesterday’s price increase was aimed at the Fall and Winter packages that get booked in the wake of the Star Wars announcement. Anyone who put off making their reservations after the news broke on Thursday is now going to have to ante up some more cheddar for the Mouse.

I noticed that you still cannot purchase tickets for 2020 yet. I’m betting on a change and price increase that will involve those tickets whenever 2020 packages are announced.

Maybe the reason for holding off on 2020 tickets is because they are working out how to implement the fastpass 3.0 paid version. A once free perk is now an extra cost. I would imagine the next price increase will have the details of this if it is in fact going to happen. As long as people are willing to ante up the money they will keep raising the prices.

Maybe the reason for holding off on 2020 tickets is because they are working out how to implement the fastpass 3.0 paid version. A once free perk is now an extra cost. I would imagine the next price increase will have the details of this if it is in fact going to happen. As long as people are willing to ante up the money they will keep raising the prices.
According to the discussion on the Rumors forum, it’s not about IF. It’s about WHEN. Testing is already occurring in some form. IMO, it will get rolled out at some point this summer, just prior to the influx of SW:GE visitors.

Last edited:
Maybe the reason for holding off on 2020 tickets is because they are working out how to implement the fastpass 3.0 paid version...
I’m gonna remind everyone this is a RUMOR. Yes, some people say their sources are basically Walt incarnate but still. You can follow the rumor here

Sadly ticket increases for this year are a fact.

According to the discussion on the Rumors forum, it’s not about IF. It’s about WHEN. Testing is already occurring in some form. IMO, it will get rolled out at some point this summer, just prior to the influx of SW:GE visitors.

Well, that would be the August price increase then...just not as "obvious" a one, since we'll probably have tons of folks say "you don't HAVE to buy it" and "you haven't REALLY lost anything":)...

Well, that would be the August price increase then...just not as "obvious" a one, since we'll probably have tons of folks say "you don't HAVE to buy it" and "you haven't REALLY lost anything":)...
But it would not be a “ticket” price increase. It’s all about optics. The price of tickets won’t go up again but ...and this is just a rumor... the way Fastpass is done will change. And it will very likely be some form of pay-to-play.

Can I just say how glad I am to have other people to commiserate with on Disney issues? Because my real-life peeps are largely unsympathetic.

DH is on the other side of the country all week on a business trip, and does not share my enthusiasm for Disney. On our phone call this morning, I lamented about the price increase, and he did not share my dismay.

I tried to elicit some reaction saying, "I'm just so mad at the mouse right now." He deadpanned, "get in line."

I already bought my tickets but the price of my 4 day easter tickets for 5 just went up $1100, thats crazy!

Sure seems like they are pricing down the crowds. There aint no such thing as a slow season anymore, the parks are packed damn near every day of every month. Not sure why they even use the term "Peak" anymore, its basicly all peak now. As long as the parks stay full, dis will continue to raise prices. They will raise until they find the sweet spot where the crowd levels are down but prices are high enough to make up the difference. Also going price out the out-of-state families that visit more than once a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter