Just how good Port Orleans Riverside is.

BobbyDukes

Mouseketeer
Been going there for a while now, it just seems like Riverside always does it right. Its a great middle of the ground option for any family. The location of the resort allowing easy and quick bus trips to any park, a very nice and beautiful boat ride to Disney Springs. The rooms are comfortable, quiet and enjoyable. The hotel is built around a Central lobby "hub" making it easy to walk around. The grounds and building are absolutely stunning, walking around the grounds really transports you into the Cajun South. I just cant get enough of this resort. The value is spot on when it comes to Riverside.

Please give POR some love.

Stayed a few times and is our favorite mod, although we have not been to CS. Love the peaceful vibe in the early morning. The ability to sleep 5 at a reasonable cost is also a huge plus.
Also the quick ride to most parks enabled us to get Family of the Day for MK while we were staying there Christmas week a few years ago! pixiedust:

That was our favorite moderate to stay at when the kids were growing up. For all the reasons you mentioned. Still brings back good memories.

We go every year and stay POR. Portorleans.org is a great site for information and news. I hit it up once a week to stay up to date. We've tried other resorts but POR is home.

Walking along the Sassagoula River where the ferry boats cruise by and surrey bikes pass you on the pathway to your Royal Guest Room with a River View … what's not to like :)

Just got home yesterday from a stay at POR. We loved it there. The heat was brutal and made walking the grounds significantly less fun than when we stayed in November some years ago, but still lovely.

Port Orleans are our "return" resorts; we go stay elsewhere, but always return to Port. We love both French Quarter and Riverside, and even got to stay there when it was Dixie Landings. Fantastic memories from when I was a kid, and now as an adult. The boat is awesome, as is being able to walk to the sister resort, and take in all the scenery. Both resort shops are neat and the CM's have always been great. Lots of love for Port for sure!

It's funny that you posted this. I'm seriously considering POR for our visit in February. I'm just concerned that it'll be tight. It'll be me, dh, ds(14), ds(13), and dd(11). Any advice? Would you pay for a preferred room?

POR is our absolute favorite resort in all WDW! We just love the laid back ambience of the Bayou section, and the grandeur of the Mansions section. The Mill restaurant is the best in WDW in our opinion. We love sitting by the window and looking out at the giant water wheel. The carriage rides are a plus too. There is nothing we don't love about POR, except that they made it a dog friendly resort. Other than that, it is great.

It's funny that you posted this. I'm seriously considering POR for our visit in February. I'm just concerned that it'll be tight. It'll be me, dh, ds(14), ds(13), and dd(11). Any advice? Would you pay for a preferred room?
I’d post this on the POR thread. You would be in the Aligator Bayou section with 5. I always stay in the mansion section. I think it would be tight, but then I think any hotel room would be tight with 5. Maybe look at the Ft W cabins? They have a bedroom with a queen Bed and bunk beds, in living room there is a pull out queen sofa bed.
You could stick all the kids in the bedroom and you and DH take the living Room! The cabins have been recently refurbished. Allears.net has pics and video.

I stayed there on my honeymoon, so I have a soft spot for it. I love that resort. It is very tranquil and laid back, particularly Allegator Bayou. The restaurants and food court are great.

POR is our fav moderate. Our first moderate stay was CBR, although we loved it, we thought we’d try a different moderate our next moderate stay. So during the end of our stay at AKL we went to look around CSR and had lunch, then proceeded to POR to look around. Once we drove into POR both my daughter and I said, this is it! Any time we stay moderate it’s POR or POFQ.

I’d post this on the POR thread. You would be in the Aligator Bayou section with 5. I always stay in the mansion section. I think it would be tight, but then I think any hotel room would be tight with 5. Maybe look at the Ft W cabins? They have a bedroom with a queen Bed and bunk beds, in living room there is a pull out queen sofa bed.
You could stick all the kids in the bedroom and you and DH take the living Room! The cabins have been recently refurbished. Allears.net has pics and video.
I agree. POR is a great resort, however, the bed for the fifth person is not a full-sized twin. It’s “child-sized”. It’s short and narrower. Depending on how tall your child is that will use it, they may not be comfortable.

I'm loving this thread; thanks for posting!

Husband is wanting to book an 11-day trip in early December at POR. We've stayed at POFQ (the trip wasn't great so I don't remember a ton about the hotel, tbh), and last trip in April was 8 days at AoA which I loved. Loving this POR insight!

We stayed in a POR RR with a river view and it was fantastic. Great decor, really great location. My sister had a pool view and was just around the corner from me...we loved hanging out in the quiet pool at night after a day in the parks. Loved walking through the resort. Loved the food court (it had a ton of options), and Boatwright's was great for a quiet TS meal before heading out to MNSSHP.

What really elevates POR (and POFQ, though I haven't stayed in a room there) is the boat to DS. Every time I look at staying at a mod, I have a hard time considering CBR or CSR because that boat ride to DS was just so great and convenient. I really enjoy DS but I have had horrible experiences with bus service there over the years...so much so that we usually don't go. Unless we're at POR and can take the boat!

I really enjoyed POR. My family of 5 had a great time. For the price it’s the best option for party of five. Loved getting up and walking to get morning drinks and coffees. The food court was the greatest. My kids still talk about it. A good resort with the options you love are huge at Disney. We stayed at Caribbean beach last summer and it was during renovations but not having a food court and a gift shop to walk thru was ruff. Def took away from the trip at least for us. Getting ready to book POR soon for next summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter