• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Got Back from a Great Stay at BLT

taupecat

Earning My Ears
Not going into the nitty-gritty details, just gonna hit the highlights…

Our home resort is the BCV, but since our kids are young (almost 5 and 8), we decided this trip to stay at BLT so we could really focus on MK. We splurged on the points, borrowing from next year, to get a 2BR MK-view, and all in all it was a great choice. The Top of the World lounge was lovely (hubby and I went there for fireworks one night and were surprised when we realized they had a soundtrack!)

We got there just ahead of the great wristband experiment, but for whatever reason we had no end of problems with our KTTWs which took 2 days to sort out (tickets were assigned to the wrong members of the group, the pin for purchases wouldn't work, etc. etc.) It took nearly an hour on the 2nd day to sort out, scuttling an evening in MK, so that was a little disappointing, but the kids had fun just hanging out in the BLT community hall, so there was that.

I don't know if it was new from last year or I just wasn't aware, but I was thrilled to see that practically all the parks were completely covered by wi-fi. I tried to NOT obsessively check Twitter b/c of that, but where the wi-fi came in really handy (since we're an iPhone family) was that Find My Friends actually worked pretty well most of the time (since the 4yo girl and the 8yo boy often wanted to go in separate directions). Also, we were able to message each other with Apple's iMessage, even when we were in the bowels of buildings, waiting in line.

One request to Disney on this: it'd be great if you could put the logos for the rides in Future World on the roofs of the buildings since they're all pretty nondescript, and it was kinda hard to tell from the satellite view where people were using Find My Friends. In other parks, esp. MK, the buildings are more distinctive in the satellite view, so it was easier to tell where people were.

I'll be glad when my daughter isn't obsessed with meeting every princess on each visit, but thank goodness the princesses on Main St. have fast pass, so we could grab one, get a bite to eat, catch a show, and then go back to see them.

All in all, it was a great trip (as usual!). We're probably not going to go to Disney next year, banking whatever points we have left to try the new Grand Floridian DVC property in 2015. But I definitely recommend checking out BLT if MK is going to be the focus of your visit.

Our recent stay at BLT was also awesome. We also had a room key card issue. I thought I had it sorted out during electronic advance check in but when we got there some of my younger daughters had charging privileges and my wife didn't. Maybe I mixed it up but don't think so. Check in tried to fix it but was taking about 30 minutes. Only small glitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter