Just got back. Big thumbs down for New Fantasyland. :(

As much as I loved Diagon Alley and still love Hogsmeade, I can't imagine how you could spend three days there. We went for one day and saw and did everything - and that was with a long afternoon break and leaving at 6:30. There really aren't a lot of attractions - six if you include Ollivanders. In one day we rode all the rides (including three trips on the Hogwarts Express), did the Ollivander wand selection show, watched the Beetle the Bard puppet show and some of Celestina's show, shopped in every single shop, had multiple butterbeers and other snacks, had lunch at the Leaky Cauldron, watched lots of kids use their wands, and spent a lot of time just wandering around soaking it in. And this was four huge Harry Potter fans. The theming and interactive wand features are amazing, no doubt, but I can't imagine filling up three days with just WWoHP. If you are including the rest of Universal, then I can see it.

If you want to compare kiddie coasters, IMHO, Flight of the Hippogriff is a much lesser ride than Goofy's Barnstormer, and usually has a longer wait.

Do they sell wands at that attraction? If so, do you happen to know the price?

My kids- ages 8 and 9- LOVED the new Fantasyland. My dd (8) is still SO into the Little Mermaid, Belle, and all the Princesses. She absolutely loved Enchanted Tales with Belle and so did my ds (9). He thought it was a very cool experience. He also thought that the rides were good, even though he said they WERE more for girls. 7DMT was not open yet when we went in March, so I can't comment on that one yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter