Just found this!! Walmart Rapid Antigen testing $19.97 in ON and AB

Costco appointments for antigen only show up 3 days in advance. I called today and was told that.
In West GTA, i'm only aware Brampton Costco having it.
hdrolfe above explained how to find out which Costcos have it.
Oh gosh thanks for sharing that info about the Brampton Costco!! We have gone to the one on the Queensway in Toronto and then Missisauga to ask at the pharmacy but no luck. The Brampton one isn't that far from us. Thanks!!!

Sorry to ask the dumb questions, buy I can't really keep all the tests and rules straight. So: these "rapid antigen" tests are useless for getting back into Canada? I need a test I can take in ON before short (under 72 hours) trips to see my family in the U.S. Where and what is my least expensive option? TIA

Sorry to ask the dumb questions, buy I can't really keep all the tests and rules straight. So: these "rapid antigen" tests are useless for getting back into Canada? I need a test I can take in ON before short (under 72 hours) trips to see my family in the U.S. Where and what is my least expensive option? TIA

You need a molecular test which is about $150 across the board. Shoppers is probably the easiest. You can't use the cheaper antigen test that is used for entry into the US.

I just saw this... PCR test at Rexall for $80 . Results in 24 - 48 hours.
https://www.rexall.ca/covid-19/nasal-swab-test

I thought that now you can cross over with just proof of Vaccination and when you are in the US, find a Walgreens that offers free ID NOW NAAT test (results within 24 hours) and that is what you need to load back into Arrive Can App. Go on Walgreens site and check if there is a location near your family that offers this NAAT test to get this done

Has anyone figure out why some provinces can offer the tests super cheap and others not? Just seems so unfair? We paid $110 in BC yesterday for antigen best price currently in the province.
It is insane the price difference.... I just booked our tests they are $126 each for antigen. The tests are adding up to as much as the flight did.

I can't even find where to make an appointment!
Me too, when I type in Covid 19 Testing it first took me back to the page that shows On and Ab. The second time I tried it, it took me to party supplies. Vaccines have a category but not testing. What am I doing wrong?

Me too, when I type in Covid 19 Testing it first took me back to the page that shows On and Ab. The second time I tried it, it took me to party supplies. Vaccines have a category but not testing. What am I doing wrong?

I'll assume you are in Ontario
https://portal.healthmyself.net/walmarton/forms/Dpd#/

choose asymptomatic testing.

https://www.costcopharmacy.ca/appointment
choose your site - I believe some now say "covid testing available" so it's been updated since I booked mine

I'll assume you are in Ontario
https://portal.healthmyself.net/walmarton/forms/Dpd#/

choose asymptomatic testing.

https://www.costcopharmacy.ca/appointment
choose your site - I believe some now say "covid testing available" so it's been updated since I booked mine

I tried at least 8 Walmarts near me, in north Mississauga (following tip/instructions above). I tried Mississauga, Milton, Brampton, Georgetown. All of them return the same message:

Sorry! There are no appointments available to be booked online at this time. Please check back later. Please note that Asymptomatic COVID-19 Testing is available in select locations only.

Will keep trying. I will need 5 of those tests for the first week of December, but I don't like the fact that I can only schedule the test 3 days in advance at Costco.

I tried at least 8 Walmarts near me, in north Mississauga (following tip/instructions above). I tried Mississauga, Milton, Brampton, Georgetown. All of them return the same message:

Sorry! There are no appointments available to be booked online at this time. Please check back later. Please note that Asymptomatic COVID-19 Testing is available in select locations only.

Will keep trying. I will need 5 of those tests for the first week of December, but I don't like the fact that I can only schedule the test 3 days in advance at Costco.
I would call their pharmacies to inquire.

You can always book your tests at the Rexall at Creditview & Britannia now (they are $30) and cancel if you are able to find something at Costco or Walmart. The only thing with this particular location is they don't perform the tests on Saturday, Sunday or Wednesday.

Has anyone tried the Rexall PCR test? It just seems to good to be true that its only $80 compared to everywhere else....

I visited the Walmart Pharmacy today in Kingston On, and noticed that they had several desk signs advertising the rapid antigen testing they now do for $19.97. I asked to speak to the pharmacist who confirmed that they are the lowest price in Kingston and I would only have to phone the day before I needed the test done to book an appointment.I could also pay when I have the test done and I would have my results in 15-20 minutes. He was very upfront with me and informed me that because of the policies changing so frequently, I would be better to wait until closer to the date I fly to Florida to book my appointment. Also he encouraged me to contact Westjet directly and asked if their policy was about to change regarding how long the test would be valid for. Now I am wondering if the covid testing requirements on entering the US is about to change. This is not the info I received when I talked to my local Shopper's Drug Mart. They insisted it was an airline policy and had nothing to do with the government requirements. Very confusing! I plan to email Westjet and ask them to spell out their policy and testing requirements and confirm that they are accepting the Walmart test results!

You can always book your tests at the Rexall at Creditview & Britannia now (they are $30) and cancel if you are able to find something at Costco or Walmart. The only thing with this particular location is they don't perform the tests on Saturday, Sunday or Wednesday.

Thank you, I will try to book with them to "secure a spot".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter