Just found this!! Walmart Rapid Antigen testing $19.97 in ON and AB

I visited the Walmart Pharmacy today in Kingston On, and noticed that they had several desk signs advertising the rapid antigen testing they now do for $19.97. I asked to speak to the pharmacist who confirmed that they are the lowest price in Kingston and I would only have to phone the day before I needed the test done to book an appointment.I could also pay when I have the test done and I would have my results in 15-20 minutes. He was very upfront with me and informed me that because of the policies changing so frequently, I would be better to wait until closer to the date I fly to Florida to book my appointment. Also he encouraged me to contact Westjet directly and asked if their policy was about to change regarding how long the test would be valid for. Now I am wondering if the covid testing requirements on entering the US is about to change. This is not the info I received when I talked to my local Shopper's Drug Mart. They insisted it was an airline policy and had nothing to do with the government requirements. Very confusing! I plan to email Westjet and ask them to spell out their policy and testing requirements and confirm that they are accepting the Walmart test results!

Testing isn't an airline requirement. It is Federal Government requirement in both countries.

In the US...https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

It is on the Government of Canada website.
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/t...ovid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada

Has anyone done their test at a Walmart? when checking their website for availabilities, some have time slots and some don't, but since there are 3 of us to be tested, I called the store closest to us to see if I could just book one time slot for all 3 of us and she said that I could just walk in but to phone the day ahead to ensure there was a pharmacist there to do it. It seems unorganized so just checking to see if anyone had issues with Walmart testing and if it truly is walk in? I'd love to save the money, but maybe paying double ($40) for Shoppers test is worth it??

My wife booked our tests online for next Thursday. I too am hoping that the process at the pharmacy is straight forward.

Has anyone done their test at a Walmart? when checking their website for availabilities, some have time slots and some don't, but since there are 3 of us to be tested, I called the store closest to us to see if I could just book one time slot for all 3 of us and she said that I could just walk in but to phone the day ahead to ensure there was a pharmacist there to do it. It seems unorganized so just checking to see if anyone had issues with Walmart testing and if it truly is walk in? I'd love to save the money, but maybe paying double ($40) for Shoppers test is worth it??

what I will do is to leave the appointment booked at Rexall (CAN 30.00) or Shoppers (CAN 40.00) but try to do it at Costco (CAN 17.00) or Walmart (CAN 20.00) when it's time. For a family of 5, it starts to add it....

We just did ours today (negative! woo!) at the only local Pharmacy that is doing Antigen Tests as of right now. It was $69 per person, but that sure beats the $179 which is the next cheapest test in the city. We were in and out in 10 minutes and got our results emailed to us a few hours later. I'm so excited to finally travel for the first time in 20 months!!

We just did ours today (negative! woo!) at the only local Pharmacy that is doing Antigen Tests as of right now. It was $69 per person, but that sure beats the $179 which is the next cheapest test in the city. We were in and out in 10 minutes and got our results emailed to us a few hours later. I'm so excited to finally travel for the first time in 20 months!!

SRX pharmacy?

Please follow up with what you do for return testing. I so appreciate the local-ish feedback.

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you very much for posting about the tests at Walmart! I saw it last Wednesday morning at about 2am while reading disboards at work. Booked my husband and myself in for that afternoon as we were flying to the states Thursday for a friend’s wedding and these were half the price of the ones at our local Safeway. Easy process, got our results and checked in for our flights no problem.

I just got back from Walmart in Scarborough. I booked all 3 of us appointments and they were ok with all of us showing up at once. We had printed the paperwork form at home and filled it out, but when we got there there were a few more forms to check off screening boxes. She called us in separately and did the nasal swab - five circles at back of each nostril. Then we wandered store for about 25 minutes while she did paperwork and waited for results. We are all negative and have the paperwork to show (I thought they'd email the results but we had to wait for hard copy). So all of us done - in and out in an hour -$19.97 each. She said they were very busy with rapid antigen testing and appointments all fully booked. So make sure if you are going to use Walmart that you try to book on line - I booked a week in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter