Just Cut My Cell Phone Bill In Half!!!!

taylor5

Mouseketeer
Hi, just wanted to share my great news today!!

I originally called Verizon to dispute some roaming charges on my phone & while I was making the dreaded customer service call (I HATE MAKING ANY TYPE OF THESE CALLS), I decided to ask about plans since they recently merged with Alltel who was our carrier previously.

I have a Samsung Delve phone & the only plans available when we got this phone were the SmartPhone plans. After having this phone for just a couple months, I realized I wasn't getting enough use out of the features to justify paying around $110 - $125 month ($89.99 plan, plus phone insurance, plus all the miscellaneous charges).

Alltel said it wasn't eligible for other plans, but I was happily able to switch today to a plan for $39.99 with no long distance or roaming and then I had the $5.00 text msg. package added. The plan only has about 500 min., but for me that is more than enough, even as our primary line (we no longer have a land line). DH & all our friends have cells, so free mobile to mobile would kick in there.

WooHoo!!! :cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::cheer2:

That's great!

For those that have a light to moderate usage of their cells, pre-paid can also be a huge money saver. I spend less than $100 per year on my T-Mobil pre-paid phone.

That's great!

For those that have a light to moderate usage of their cells, pre-paid can also be a huge money saver. I spend less than $100 per year on my T-Mobil pre-paid phone.

Same here. It works out great (and cheaply) for us.

Do all the major companies offer prepaid? Do you still get free/cheap phones with those plans? That might be for us.

That's great!

wish we could get by with that, but last year when we got rid of our landline, we saved an immediate $75 -$80 a month. Now that our cell phone bill is cut considerably, we are even happier! :thumbsup2

Do all the major companies offer prepaid? Do you still get free/cheap phones with those plans? That might be for us.

I think most of them do. I went with T-Mobil because I had monthly service with them and it was easy to switch. They don't offer free phones but they have one for about $10-15 (a very basic Nokia) and a few more for less than $75 that have more features. Mine is a Nokia flip phone, has a camera/video, texting, and internet. I paid $40 for it and it came with $10 free minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter