Just bought Addon At BWV from Disney

MarshallMoore6

Mouseketeer
I'm so excited. I just bought an addon at my original resort (BWV) with my original use year. This is looking like a great weekend. Thanks to all for the useful info.

You are kidding! How many points and what use year? Oh, pardon me, CONGRATULATIONS! How many points and what use year? Were you on a waiting list or something?Sus:)

I bought 100 pts. Use year of Feb. I used MB to bring the cost down to 65 pp. I was on a waiting list with my sales person for a couple of months. Try it. and good luck.

Thanks for the reply! I am so happy for you, and what an excellent deal with the MB! Now I have to decide if I should (I know I want to) call and add my name to the waitlist...Sus:)

How did you get MB? My guide offered us a 50 point add on (we've been on the list for 6 months and missed out on the lottery) she said no MB for BWV only the 3 not sold out. Is 100 points the minimum for MB?

Kem, What use year do you have? We've been on the waitlist since january, and nothing's come up yet... I wonder if I should call my guide :(

Oh CONGRATULATIONS to MarshallMoore, that is GREAT!!!

As to the question on MB, 100 points is the minimum you need to purchase in an add on at a WDW resort to use MB; it is 50 points at HH or VB.

Ok, not to harp on the MB thing, but were you able to sell back ALL of your 100 points? I thought it was half.... but these things change so frequently it gets kind of confusing for me. I'm a BWV owner and am seriously considering purchasing at VWL because of the great MB program right now. But if I can get the same thing at BWV......

The current version of MB allows sell-back of 100% of the 1st year's points. (I think the max is still $2000.)

I suspect that there is no true supply of BWV points (or OKW either), but this may have been a case where someone forfeited their contract by non-payment and DVC reclaimed the points. (Yes, it does happen.) Forfeiture of timeshare contracts is common in the industry and can result in some real resale deals- some right from the owner's association itself (That's unlikely to occur with DVC).

I would also doubt that DVC has much opportunity to exercise their "right-of-refusal" as resale brokers are pretty savvy in advising both sellers and buyers what level of offer is acceptable to DVC...and that DVC will allow a buyer to raise an offer if it is too low.

Letting your guide know you are interested in an add-on at BWV or OKW can't hurt, but is not likely to be a fast way to get some more points.

Good Luck!

Chris- our use year is Dec. We would get year Dec 2000 points but only 2 months to use them which may also be a factor why they wouldn't offer MB for us since it is within 60 days of end of year. I was surprised to get the call on Wed. I thought it might be from someone who backed out of their lottery purchase. We declined because we are not sure if we will do an add on at BCV . I know we will probably kick ourselves for passing on these- but it would be great if you could get them. Good Luck!

Hi Kem,

Thanks for the reply, you're probably right, you'll kick yourself for not taking them!! We're actually a September use year, so we won't get them, but thanks for the wish!! There were only a very small amount of Sept. points during the lottery, so, we're probably not going to see any of those points come back on the market (there were only 2 buyers for September)... DARN.. up til now I've always liked our use year :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter