Just booked my first Disney Cruise!

matt101980

Earning My Ears
Title says it all. lol Ive been to Disney World well over 20 times and finally did it and booked my first cruise on the Dream this Dec 27th-30th. Its a surprise Christmas present for my wife so I hope she likes it. (Not going to tell her till Christmas Eve) I'm sure ill have lots of questions along the way because so far it seems like a completely different animal booking and planning.

Title says it all. lol Ive been to Disney World well over 20 times and finally did it and booked my first cruise on the Dream this Dec 27th-30th. Its a surprise Christmas present for my wife so I hope she likes it. (Not going to tell her till Christmas Eve) I'm sure ill have lots of questions along the way because so far it seems like a completely different animal booking and planning.
Have fun! party:

Congratulations! You'll love it! One of the things we love is that there's not very much planning to do. There's a few extras you can sign up for or not, but you can't possibly do everything. We'd open the app to see what's going on then decide what we wanted to do, or that we were going to chill in our room or go to the pool.

Congrats and what a fun gift! It's definitely a little bit different planning for the cruise, but not near as much as a trip to the parks. To be honest, you could plan nothing ahead of time besides getting on and off the boat and have a great time. But if you like to plan, this board is a great resource!

Congrats and what a fun gift! It's definitely a little bit different planning for the cruise, but not near as much as a trip to the parks. To be honest, you could plan nothing ahead of time besides getting on and off the boat and have a great time. But if you like to plan, this board is a great resource!

From going to Disney so many times I'm a planner, its in my blood now. I'm trying for a laid back approach to this one though.

Great gift!!

I wonder how I could keep the secret while doing online checkin and slyly asking "Honey...where are the passports again?? Huh...? Oh..no reason! Just wanted to look at my picture!"

Congratulations and welcome aboard. Your online check-in will be coming up soon. Relax and enjoy the time on the ship.

P.S. Don't overpack.

Great gift!!

I wonder how I could keep the secret while doing online checkin and slyly asking "Honey...where are the passports again?? Huh...? Oh..no reason! Just wanted to look at my picture!"

Passports Im in charge of so that parts easy, Me keeping the excitement and it a secret for 3 months is the real challenge.

You will have so. much. fun. Agree: don't overpack, and don't worry too much about the planning, it's really not that much of a thing. And good luck keeping the secret!!!

You know your wife better than I do (obviously!! Ha!) but are you sure that 3 days notice for a cruise is going to be a good thing for her as opposed to something that might stress her out? I would personally feel panicked knowing that in 3 days I was leaving for a trip that I had not yet had time to process, think about, and pack for. Just throwing that out there. Not trying to be a wet blanket. :)

You know your wife better than I do (obviously!! Ha!) but are you sure that 3 days notice for a cruise is going to be a good thing for her as opposed to something that might stress her out? I would personally feel panicked knowing that in 3 days I was leaving for a trip that I had not yet had time to process, think about, and pack for. Just throwing that out there. Not trying to be a wet blanket. :)

Technically she only has 2 days notice. Lol. But I do know her well and she is usually stressed out for a couple weeks before a trip so I figure I’m saving her that. And if there’s anything she wants to get for the trip she will have a day to take care of that since she will be off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter