Just Back...YC Conc. and Poly Conc.

JKW

Hey...conscience....Am I dead?
We just got back from a 10 night stay at Disney. We spent 5 nights at each YC and Poly Concierges. We were upgraded from a GV to Poolview at YC without asking. It was kind of surprising since we stayed in that exact room last year (room 5233). It made us feel as though they were waiting for us to return. The kids really thought it was neat. The room has really good view of the pool, illuminations, and fantasmic! (just the fireworks portion). I think the concierge service has improved since last year. We did the same 5 night stay at each last year. As always the breakfast at the YC was great and the desserts at the Poly was terrific. We did alot of swimming and housekeeping kept us supplied with lots of towels. It was really nice not to have to ask. They are serving beer at the YC now at night. You have to ask for it. My DH really enjoyed having a beer on the balcony after the kids went to bed to relax.

If you have any questions........................

Thanks for the reveiw.....How do you compare the pools.. we stayed at the poly and loved the pool... thinking of going to YC or BC next......was your room at he YC conveinient to SAB????? thanks..amy

I'd love to hear more about YC Concierge.

We are headed there in a few weeks.

How were the food offerings?

Glad to hear your children liked it as we will be traveling with our two kids.

How was the pool?

Our kids are DS3, DD8, and DS9. They love the SAB. HANDS DOWN!!! The littlest one loved the idea of being able to walk around in the pool and play in the sand. The two older ones loved the slide but really enjoyed the whirlpool effect in the bigger pool. They do have a smaller slide behind the big slide. DS3 enjoyed this slide since he could not go down the big slide. We spent at least 2hrs. a day swimming. The poly pool has some cool things like the waterfall, slide and 0 entry but the kids seemed to enjoy SAB much more. We went to the little shop behind Hurricane Hanna's and got DS3 a lifevest for the entire time so that when we went into the big pool he could float by himself. At the poly, we also got a lifevest but we had to return it that night. There are pros and cons for each pool. SAB closed at 8pm and the quiet pool is tucked away for 24hr use. The poly pool is open until midnight and the quiet pool is open 24hrs. At the poly the quiet pool is quite close. To get to SAB from the YC Conc. all you have to do is go down the elevators and take a short walk to SAB. At the poly(Tahiti bldg.), it is a longer walk to the volcano pool. I hope this helps...............

Our room was a little walk away from the lounge but it made up for it by the view.

Thanks for the info on SAB.

How did you like your room?

Did you spend a lot of time in the concierge lounge? We are going to have a lot of down time and will be spending a good amount of time in the room.

Glad you had a great time.:D

We loved the room if I can I will post some of the pictures of the view and the room. My DH took the laptop with him to work....BooHoo.
We had breakfast almost every morning in the lounge. It is quite nice. It has two small tables and four small chairs for the little ones to watch TV. There are a fair amount of tables and chairs for the big ones also. Don't forget there is a balcony with tables and chairs also. For breakfast they had Krispy Kreme Donuts, an awesome Banana Bread, toast, english muffins, bagels, mini muffins, and cold cereals. We did stop once or twice in the afternoon on the way to the pool. They had a few snacks out. They had chips and salsa, vegies and dips, PB&J sandwiches, pretzels, etc..... and don't forget about the cookies -- sugar, oatmeal raisin, and choc. chip. It was nice when the kids just needed a little something in their tummies. We did not get to the dinner items though.....to busy I guess. The desserts were really good. They had cupcakes, cookies, choc cake, carrot cake, cream puffs, rice crispies, and brownies. They varied on nights.

Hope this helps...................

Thanks for the review! :) I especially love to see it because those are the two resorts we are spiltting between in November. (We have been to both and love both)

Glad you had a good time!

Jill

p.s. you have the same initials as my dh! :)

Thanks for the information on the YC, everytime I read anything about the YC on these boards, I get more excited about our upcoming trip!!!

Oh I'm so glad you posted that review - we're staying YC Concierge for our wedding and I'm sooo excited by it. I love the YC we're staying there for Xmas as well and I can't wait.

Thanks again for the great reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter