Just back....some thoughts

Despite everything you experienced Anne, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip overall.

Your experiences with your shareholder card and Salon Mickey couldn't be more different from mine last week though I have to say. We had breakfast croissants and cookies at around 9am on Thursday and Friday last week at Salon Mickey, the CMs were very nice, and asked us which park we would be visiting first after our Salon Mickey stop. There was no-one else in with us on Thursday at first, and only 4 others on Friday. If it was so busy it was standing room only when you visited Salon Mickey, to be honest they could have refused to let you in at all, for health and safety reasons.

Each time I gave my shareholders card to a cashier, it was a quick phone call or call out to a manager nearby, who swiped their card through the till, and voila discount applied. Granted, we weren't shopping at the end of the park day (I don't do queues, not even in shops ;)). On Friday morning I asked the cashier in the Studios to send my purchases to my hotel, no problem at all madame, DD wanted to keep her plush with her, no problem, just initial here madame, heres your receipt, you can collect it at your hotel gift shop after 8pm, and enjoy your day.

I got many a "enjoy your day" from CMs in both parks through my stay. I would say the least friendly (but certainly not rude) CMs were probably the ones manning the tills in the counter-service restaurants - but thats no different this year than it was 3 years ago, and each year in between.

I totally understand that if you've experienced bad service/rudeness etc and its affected your trip to an extent, you may not want to visit again and spend your money in a place where you don't feel you are a valued guest.

Oh, and as for Alton Towers - I visited there in May and could not believe the improvement in customer care from all the CMs there - I suspect they've all been trained in a Disney-type way this year :goodvibes.

In regards to the CM thing, I have to say I found their 'style' at WDW a little overbearing and false. People are obviously not happy happy all the time the way they acted just seemed so fake to me. I understand a high expectation for CM though.

In regards to the CM thing, I have to say I found their 'style' at WDW a little overbearing and false. People are obviously not happy happy all the time the way they acted just seemed so fake to me. I understand a high expectation for CM though.

I don't think it is fake, they are just being polite at WDW. I have been in shops in NYC and Orlando they are extremly overbearing, we couldn't even turn around or glance at an item without a shop assistant being there acting like they wanted to be our new best friend.

i am sorry you had such a bad experience. it is not acceptable for cms to be rude to guests.

i was there all last week and i have to say i had the total opposite experience to you. i saw nothing but excellent cms. really nice and polite. wishing us a nice day etc.

i did have the problem with the shareholders discount but to be honest it only took a minute to have it authorised. on my last trip i must have gotten all managers to serve me as i didnt have to wait for somebody to be called

i went to salon mickey five times last week and each time the cm was so lovely. elaine is right they can say they are full if its standing room so at least you were let in.

Yes, I was just going to say that we haven't previously had to have a manager to get our discount. Is this a recent change or have we just been lucky before?

As for the problems experienced, I'm really sorry to hear about them. I agree with the evening entertainment issue, there really should be something at the end of the day I think. I've never experienced these type of problems with cms though. Sometimes I think people are visiting different parks to me.

I love both WDW and DLP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter