Just Back -- Reflections & Tips for Next Time

I agree! We are having a ball plannig ourtrip, but we cant wait to actually Be there!

Canbarker said:
I am considering purchasing the Passporter from their site. What are your recommendations? If I do purchase should I buy one for each of us? With my DD only being 5 I am afraid that she will lose hers.

Oh...one more question. Yesteray at the mall she couldn't make it an hour before her feet, legs, back am I missing anything were tired. I now am considering a stroller. Should I just rent one? A double to hold the camera and water etc? Or bing my own pop up that I can pitch at the end of the trip.

NO, CANBARKER: You will not need a Passporter for every family member. Just buy ONE for the entire family. It covers virtually EVERYTHING you can imagine. They do NOT miss anything. It is quite large but a WDW "bible"!! I have bought many many WDW travel books over the years and The Passporter is by far one of the best. Go on Passporter.com and look at all the data they have to offer you. Also, once you buy the DELUXE version, you can re-order their year after year updated versions. They will just slip right into the ring binders. Passporter also has your email and will send you monthly UPDATES online to new and updated happenings at WDW and DCL. I have Both WDW and DCL. They are wonderful. But just one per family. :thumbsup2

LindsayDunn228 said:
That's alarming that she couldn't walk in a mall for one hour. :confused3
We had DD (5) checked for anemia for this very reason, but she's fine. Per PD, some kids up to age 8 are just more "delicate" regarding walking since she checked out well on muscle strength and bone structure too. So, to have a comfortable for her and easy to push and steer for me we bought the MacLaren VOLO. It is such a great stroller and cheaper than renting one for the next couple trips. It's an umbrella, one handed fold, comes with an over the shoulder carrying strap, and holds 55# of kid. :sunny:
Where you all stayed at WDW that the over the door shoe holder fit? We took DDs princess colored one from her room to Pop Century and it wouldn't fit over the door. The door was too thick to accomodate the brackets on our holder. I was thinking of buying the cheap dollar store model only for travel - does it attach differently? Really want that toiletries organization for June trip :listen:

If the organizer does not fit on the door, try attaching it to the bar in the closet. It worked out well for us. I liked it better over there, too. :)
---Angie

I could be way off on this one, but I think I remember reading that you can "rent" strollers for free with a Disney Visa if you have one. Anyone confirm or deny this?

You can only get the free stroller offer @ Disneyland not WDW unfortunately.

Great idea about the shoe holder, have never heard this idea on these boards, and I really like it! Definitely going to get it for our next trip.

I also like the idea of having complete outfits in bags. I might put 2 outfits in 1 bag since I have 2 kids, I'd have dozens of bags if I did it individually.

Great ideas..keep em' comin. :

Really good tips. We take a large laundry bag with us and throw our dirty clothes in the bag. At the end of our trip, it goes in the trunk of the car and straight to the laundry room when we get home. That way we don't have to worry about packing dirty clothes in our suitcases when we start home. :thumbsup2

Our list of must have's for the next trip:

*pop up hamper
*Disney backpack
*over the door holder
*Bodyglide
*pack kids outfits in ziplocs (I sat on the bag to push the air out)
*NO purse (I thru my wallet in the backpack)
*no packing snacks - no one ate them
*multi day stroller rental - saved $10!
*take advantage of dining plan again

ameraumi said:

*pop up hamper
*Disney backpack
*over the door holder
*Bodyglide

I agree with you about the snacks.

I wasted so much money and packing space by take a bunch of snacks. There's no way my son or I wanted to munch on a granola bar or other snacks from home, when there were so many yummy things to purchase in the parks. :woohoo:

I hear ya! The only thing that the kids did eat was the pop-tarts and mini donuts I packed. My mom packed fruit and such and we were too full from our other meals to touch it.

I am definitely going to take a shoe organizer for over the door too. We use one in our camper and it holds so much when you only have a limited amount of space.

You can buy a 2004 Passporter for $1. It still has so much information, just not the lastest updates and new attractions. You have to pay shipping and handling. Last year there was a limit of 5 per household so I ordered 5 and gave 1 each to my 2 dd and kept one for myself. The other 2, I gave to some co-workers who were taking their first trip to WDW. They loved them.

Paula :banana:

Robindianne said:
Mmm. I was going to take individual passporter pockets in the park each day for meal and itinerary. Notecards might be much better. Like you said, toss them at the end of the day! Good tip.
Yea, don't bring the passporter pockets - we did and they got ravaged in our bag :(

I was waffling about whether to take the shoe organizer or not, but I think now that I will.
Also, I never thought about the Pepto. Thanks!!! :thumbsup2

jenr812 said:
Yea, don't bring the passporter pockets - we did and they got ravaged in our bag :(

Oh, I hadn't even thought of that but I know they'd get ravaged in ours as well. Good point! Thanks.

I wrote out our confirmation #s for our meals on an index card, as well as other important info for each day, and placed it in the small pocket of our Disney backpack. It was the perfect size and did not get torn up when we had to root thru the bag.

I program our ADR confirmation numbers into the calendar in my cell phone. No need to worry about carrying papers or cards - I ALWAYS have my cell phone on me!

ameraumi said:

*pop up hamper
*Disney backpack
*over the door holder
*Bodyglide

What is bodyglide?? Great idea about the pop up hamper & shoe holder....gotta remember that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter