Just back - Holiday House vouchers no problem!

Tiger926

DIS Veteran
My DH and I just returned and had no problem with exchanging our Holiday House vouchers at Disney, Sea World or Universal. Our CM at Disney was the only one who asked for ID. We will continue to get our tickets through Holiday House (normally purchase at CAA) because they have a great Sea World or Busch Gardens express ticket which costs $69.00 CAN. for 14 days of fun, plus they offer bonuses such as the character breakfast. The Universal tickets are the exact same ones from CAA, but the Disney Park Hopper Plus tickets come with a free character breakfast voucher in which tax and gratuity is included. The only glitch is that this voucher must be redeemed at Animal Kingdom and you have the following four restaurants to choose from: Ohana's at Polynesian, Restaurantosaurus at AK, Garden Grille at Epcot and Hollywood & Vine at MGM. If anyone needs more info their website is www.holidaynetwork.ca. None of these tickets expire except the Sea World or Busch Gardens tickets - all the rest have no expiry dates. Just a point of info. the actual vouchers do expire 3 months after ordering, and that is why travel agents need arrival dates.
Tiger:jester:

We're not planning on actually exchanging our park hopper voucher until our second day after arrival and the character breakfast not until the third day. This won't be a problem, will it? You just do it at the major parks Guest Services building, right?

No this is not a problem. You can exchange at any time as long as it's within 3 months after receiving voucher. You are correct - you just exchange at guest services at any park. With the exception of the character breakfast - this must be done at Animal Kingdom and these vouchers expire one year from date of exchange. By the way, which character beakfast will you be enjoying?

We've got p.s. at Donald's Breakfast in the AK for our second full day. We ate there in 1999 and loved it! So exchanging the voucher at AK will work out great for us! Thanks so much again for sharing the info about Holiday House, it was great to save some money and I also love the fact that the tickets are already paid for! One less expense to worry about "after the trip"!!;)

Can you exchange the vouchers at Guest Services at your onsite resort or does it have to be at a theme park? What do you get at CAA, the actual tickets or vouchers for exchange? First time we've had to buy passes, they were included with DVC until last year so this is new to us. Any chance of at par passes if we wait, we're not going until Christmas?
Thanks
Tony

I wondered the same thing so I went to Disney Planning Centre at our resort (we were staying at Marriott) and she said she could do everything else but exchange our vouchers. Now seeing as how you're staying at WDW resort hotel, it might be different. They led us to believe that all vouchers must be exchanged at WDW.

At CAA you get the actual tickets. We kind of liked getting the vouchers because they told us if they had been stolen or lost, they would reissue vouchers, but with actual tickets you would not be offered the same benefits. But seeing as how they can only be used from Jan. - May, my TA said if they are offered, it won't be until the late fall. Hope this info helped.

When you exchange the Holiday House park hopper voucher for actual tickets does everyone have to show ID? I realize the person who bought them needs to show proof, but do my hubby and teens need to show ID as well?:confused:

They only asked for one piece of ID, so I showed her my ID only and she was fine with that. She said that she did not need to see my DH's ID. I assume that you will only need to show one piece of adult ID like we did. Good luck and have a wonderful vacation!

Great news! Saves having to carry ID for the teens those days. Thanks so much for the speedy responses, you've been great!:smooth:

No problem CJ, it's my pleasure. I love being able to help people whenever I can. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter