Just back from WL.

Ratpack

WL VET
DVC Gold
Just got back from 6 nights at the WL. I don't think I could ever stay at another resort. In fact we tried but switched to WL before we arrived (surprise for DW). If anyone has any questions, I will try to answer.:D

Hope you had a great time and Im with you on the WL--I could never stay anywhere else again. I love that place! :)

Quick ??

Was there any construction going on at the WL? Last time we were there they were working on the concrete near the pool.

Was it crowded?

Thanks! :)

Ratpack,

I really want to do a Christmas time stay at this resort, but I am concerned about the bus transportation. I always read so many negative comments about it. If I stay here, I don't know if I will be able to afford a rental car. Did you have any trouble getting to and from the parks??

Thanks a lot!

Hi Ratpack -

I am staying at the WL for a week in Dec 2002 with my DH and DD (4). I have a few questions - is there a coffee pot in the room? Please do tell about the transportation to MK and other areas via bus - was it long . . etc. etc. How was the pool? I am staying in a standard room with a request for the highest floor they can put me on. Any tips on the room views? Does it really matter??? Anyway - I am sooooo excited I can't even tell you. I have been to Disney in the 70's staying at the Contemporary and went on a little trip with a girlfriend in 1995 and stayed offisite. I am very excited to see the lodge decorated for Christmas. Could you see the electrical parade from the beach area? THANKS for any and all info you can share.

Phyllis

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Bamatigger - No construction that we saw. And the crowds were at a minimum.

Brynnie - WDW transportation was no hassle at all. Waited very little for either a bus or boat. Never had much of a crowd waiting with us either.

NJPhyl - There isn't a coffee pot in the room, but I believe you can request one when you check in. I don't drink it so no big deal to me. Transportation was great. Parked our car on Saturday and didn't see it again until Friday. We requested standard room but was upgraded to courtyard and that is where I have been for both trips now so I am not sure of the views from other locations, but I will say that the higher the better in my opinion. And yes you can see the Electric Water Parade from the beach.

Well, gotta go. Have to start planning next year's trip to the lodge. But I always have time to answer questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter