Just back from POR

We have 49 days left. Crazy that we all know the EXACT amount of days until WDW!

Dave - thanks for the pics. We were there 2 years ago and cannot wait to go again. Those pics just got me that much more excited!

Are the refillable mugs the new mugs? I was hoping for the million dreams mugs, but the last thread I read, they were still the brownish ones. I know some people don't like the new mugs, but I am ready for a NEW one to add to the small collection we have.

We also have a carriage ride planned. Our first night there, in the late evening. We like going when it is dark. For us it makes it much more magical and exciting!

Angela

We check in in 47 days! See you there! :cool1:

Thanks for the good report!! We will be there in Sept and can't wait. One question regarding the DTD boat. Does it have stops at West Side, PI, & Marketplace or just one stop at Marketplace? Also, how much & at what times is the horse & carriage ride? Thanks :cool1:

We just got back on 5-8-07 and I have to say that POR was nothing spectacular. This was our first stay there. We usually stay at a value which i regret not doing so this time. The check in process was quick. We stayed in room 3834 in the lodges. In my opinion, I found that there is no one area that is close to the pool, parking lot and the food court. The room looked nice. I checked to make sure there were no traces of bedbugs first. The grounds and the main pool were both nice. I nejoyed seeing a mother duck and her three ducklings walking along the path every morning. We started off at the food court. It was about 12:15 and only one other person was in front of us. We ordered cheesburgers and chicken strips. The cheesburgers were sittign in a tray and we had to wait for the cheese to melt.The chicken strips and burgers sat out for god knows how long while we waited for the cheese to melt. The CM's behind the counter didn't understand that we were askign for fresh food, not stuff that has been sitting out. We spoke to the manager about the poor food service. We then visited the main pool. The lifeguards were awesome. One of them told us that that we could get a lifejacket for DD 5 at the marina. When we got there and older gentleman told us that they didn't have anymore in her size. We saw some down at the dock and we asked for one of those. HE said no and that we could go over ther POFQ for one. I asked if he could have one sent and he said no. I then asked to speak to a manager. He got the manager and she went right away and got us one from the marina. At this point I was really not impressed. Mousekeeping was just ok. She did put my DD's dolls in cute poses. But i also noticed that the toilet hadn't been cleaned and the waste basket for two days had not been emptied. When I was checking out, I asked for directions to the airport. The Cm said that they didn't have any. It is a nice quiet resort, but I just wasn't impressed. I really do hope that everyone else has a better experience than we did

Thanks for the good report!! We will be there in Sept and can't wait. One question regarding the DTD boat. Does it have stops at West Side, PI, & Marketplace or just one stop at Marketplace? Also, how much & at what times is the horse & carriage ride? Thanks :cool1:

The boat to DTD only stops at Marketplace. It would have been nice if it had stopped at West Side as we had ADR's at Wolfgang Puck's that we were running to get to! :scared: But no....only one stop at Marketplace. As far as the carriage ride goes, we didn't do it, but I know there are people on here who have. I think it was like $35 and could accommodate 5 people. Not sure about times. Have a great time!

Thanks Dave for those photos. I absolutely love looking at the pathways in the AB section. I think they look relaxing and beautiful. :thumbsup2

Hi Dawn,,,,I am getting sooo excited! :cool1:

You have me really excited about staying @ POR! This will be our 1st time and we have scheduled the horse and carriage ride thru the property for one evening. My 6yr dd and her grandfather are so excited about fishing too. They always bring their poles and fish @ Pop. I hope we get AB building. My dd is so excited about the trundle bed!! We will be there in 16 more day! Hooray!!!:banana: :banana:
Mousiemom

:cool1: We are excited too!!!! :cool1:

I posted pictures of the mugs I got last week as well as some other of the grounds at POR. The mugs are the new YOAMD ones with the gang in blue. I love mine! Enjoy!

That last picture is the view from outside our door. It was absolutely beautiful!

Loved the pics!!! Thanks! :thumbsup2

first off thank you to everyone for all the great pics an info, i will be going on nov 10th-17th and im soooo excited this will be our first time there but my question to anyone is are the mansion rooms bad? or sould i stay with ab rooms? is there any big differences?pirate:

first off thank you to everyone for all the great pics an info, i will be going on nov 10th-17th and im soooo excited this will be our first time there but my question to anyone is are the mansion rooms bad? or sould i stay with ab rooms? is there any big differences?pirate:

The room sizes and layout are the same. The only difference is the theming. I have never stayed in the mansions, but my friends who have stayed there enjoyed it.

DH and I have stayed at POR five times - all in the mansions (Oak, Acadian, and Magnolia) -- and the rooms were great!! We have never requested either section -- that's where they have put us -- and would have been happy, I am sure, in either area!! We will be there Nov 13-20th for our sixth stay!!!

Thanks all for your kind words on the pics that I posted. As I stated before we love this resort and are more then happy to share some of our pics from this great place.

Unfortunately I am sitting here with a broken ankle and will be laid up for the next 2 months. So the only real joy that I am getting is on the Dis. Here are few more pics to help everybody get ready for thier trips.

WDWTrip2005-1254.jpg

WDWTrip2005-1256.jpg

WDWTrip2005-1081.jpg

WDWTrip2005-1185.jpg

WDWTrip2005-1192.jpg

My DD "cane fishing"

WDWTrip2005-1180.jpg

Thanks all for your kind words on the pics that I posted. As I stated before we love this resort and are more then happy to share some of our pics from this great place.

Unfortunately I am sitting here with a broken ankle and will be laid up for the next 2 months. So the only real joy that I am getting is on the Dis. Here are few more pics to help everybody get ready for thier trips.
Sorry about your ankle Dave but good for us if you keep posting more pictures of POR!!! You definitely have some different ones in there than what most people take. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you once you post all your pictures! :rotfl2:

Glad to hear you liked it as we are staying at POR in september, lovely to read positive comments.:goodvibes

Thanks! :sunny: I did not realize 18 was smoking-optional- we HAVE to have NON-smoking! We have no problems walking a little further, if it is quieter, good point. I can't wait to go- this is a family birthday surprise for the kids- they think we are not going until late 2008! :teeth:

Only a part of building 18 was smoking. And now with Disney starting the non-smoking at all resorts, you don't have to worry about that at all.

We requested Building 27, and got Building 18. I was worried about any having a smokey-smelling room or smokers around us, but didn't have a problem at all.

Really no smoking problems AT ALL!!:goodvibes

Most of you probably know, but I will post anyway. We did the carriage ride 2 years ago and it is $35. It if for 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 small children. I made ressies to do it again this year. FOREWARNING: I almost did not get the reservation because 2 of my kids are older than 9. (12 & 10) The reservationist told me that at least 2 of the kids should be under 10. But he said (reluctantly) that he would give me a reservation anyway. (Besides, if you saw my family, we are a pretty small bunch!)

The carriage ride is awesome! The clip clop of the horses hooves are so relaxing! Well worth the $$$ in our opinion!

Angela

ITA! We stayed at Christmas and had a very similar experience as you did, even with bus waits. One night we came back to our room and the tv was on, we figured one of the kids forgot to turn it off but My DD's stuffed Donald was holding the remote and watching tv. The kids thought this was so cool! I would highly recommend this resort.

Same here!!

We came back one night and the TV was blaring!!

Then we looked and all of the kids stuffed animals (a couple from home, and a couple we bought at the parks) were on one bed watching tv. I believe Mickey was holding the remote!

Re BOATS: We just got back and while the boat only takes you from POR/POFQ to Marketplace at Downtown Disney and you have to debark you can grab another taxi boat that makes stops at Westside and PI and returns to Marketplace.

BTW LOVED POR a fantastic, beautiful resort great place to wind down after the parks!

Hi All! Thanks so much for posting your questions, thougts & observations on the Riverside! We are going the end of September for our first stay there & I've been a little worried as we stayed at CSR last time & LOVED it...would we love POR as much? But, it sounds like we will, so thanks!

Question though...I've been reading that a great use of your SC on the DDP is to get a box of E...something....donutes at some of the hotel stores & use them for breakfast. I thought this was a great idea & a great value for a SC!! Does anyone know if POR's store carries a box of E...something....(LOL!) donutes? Has anyone tried to use a SC to purchase them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter