Just back from CBR

i stayed there in april and the van picked us up with ourluggage to take us to custom house. we never had to go to CM the entire trip so the location of it wasnt an issue for us. we were in martinique 25 so close to OPR.

the many bus stops never bothered me (and i am SUPER impatient) but maybe because we never had to spend any time waiting for a bus as one always seemed tocome as soon as we got to the stop......so 3-4 minutes spent going to other stops never seemed like a big deal.

everybodys got their most and least favorite resorts! its a good thing we dont all like the same ones or we' d all be fighting to get a room. :thumbsup2

i stayed there in april and the van picked us up with ourluggage to take us to custom house. we never had to go to CM the entire trip so the location of it wasnt an issue for us. we were in martinique 25 so close to OPR.

the many bus stops never bothered me (and i am SUPER impatient) but maybe because we never had to spend any time waiting for a bus as one always seemed tocome as soon as we got to the stop......so 3-4 minutes spent going to other stops never seemed like a big deal.

everybodys got their most and least favorite resorts! its a good thing we dont all like the same ones or we' d all be fighting to get a room. :thumbsup2

I was actually very surprised they didn't have a van to pick us and our luggage up to go to OPR. The CM came with a hand car, grabbed the luggage, and said to meet him at OPR. It seemed odd, maybe they were just very shorthanded at the time?

I timed the time around the resort, and our best time was 7 minutes after being picked up at Jamaica. I guess that is one of the trade offs for usually being the first stop, you then have to sit while you go to the other 6 stops. I wanted to be in Jamaica as I had my 73yr old dad along on this trip, and wanted to be sure of him getting a seat.

There was nothing horribly wrong with CBR (other than the roaches!) but it just didn't feel right to me. That just leaves more room for all of you that love it!

It's great that Disney has so many choices for resorts to fit everyone? What some feel is a negative, we actually feel is a big plus. We love that the Customer House is completely separate from OPR. That makes is so much less chaotic than other resorts that have check-in near the food court, arcade, etc. After check-in Bell Services take us to our village/building. When checking out Bell Services pick us, and all our luggage, up and take us to the Custom House. There's concierge at OPR, so for us we have only ever been to the Custom House during check-in and check-out.

Now I too would not have liked the roaches tagging along. :crazy2: That's happened to us at POR, BC, and POFQ. They have always been great about taking care of it, but eek!:faint:

UGH! Palmetto bugs in the room????? Yeah no. We have never stayed at CBR and never will. Just no interest in that resort at all. We love CSR and POR for mods. So sorry mama!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter