Just back from BC and Kidani split stay

Mjkre

Mouseketeer
Just a few observations...

1) Loved Kidani. Kids (girls ages 8,10,12) loved it. Mine are huge fans of the community halls and missed it terribly when at the BC. I loved the lounge next to Sanna and enjoyed the Sangria from there while girls in community hall. We had room near Rafiki elevator. Perfect for those who use pool. We did often.

2) We visited Jambo. Loved selection at Mara. Super easy to get to from Kidani. Do not think we would want to stay at Jambo for the same reason that Poly has never appealed to us. The hotel is way to crowded with visitors for our taste.

3) Loved being first on/off bus. Bus rides to MK did not bother us. Did not seem any longer than the ride from SSR or OKW. Bus ride to AK seemed long considering how close we were.

4) Kids and Dh tried Splitsville. They enjoyed it, got Bowling pin slushies, which we reused later for adult cocktails at BC.

5) Kidani luggage transfer to BC...not so great. Labelled all our luggage with someone else's name and misplaced one piece. Located it 5 days later.

6) No problem adding UT tix to our keys to world. No magic bands yet.

7) BC rooms...ok. Missed 2nd bath that we had at AK.

8) BC pool...Crazy crowded. Ducks swimming in all pools. Villas a bit of a walk from main pool. Not sure why that bothered me here and not at other locations. I think it was because of the walk through the main lobby. People dressed for dinner, us in our bathing suits.

9)Bus service from/to BC...awful. Shared with too many other hotels. Great to walk into Epcot and boat to HS.

10)Internet at BC was terrible. I tried to go on to do basics...checking email, adrs, flight info. Wifi constantly in and out all week. Mostly did not work. Frustrating.

11) Dd got strep while there. Urgent care near DTD had long wait but allowed us to leave and return 2 hours later when the Dr. could see her. Also, we bought prescription for meds right there for $15.00. Big time saver.

Overall, great trip.

:) Glad you had a great trip and thanks for posting. :wave2:

We are staying in Kidani in May. Your report got me a bit more excited. It's our first time. Thanks for the update. Hope your daughter is recovering well.

~ Laura

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2) We visited Jambo. Loved selection at Mara. Super easy to get to from Kidani. Do not think we would want to stay at Jambo for the same reason that Poly has never appealed to us. The hotel is way to crowded with visitors for our taste.

We really like the smaller, quieter lobby at Kidani. It just seems more relaxing. The lobby at Jambo is impressive, but there is a lot of hustle-bustle and noise in the evening.

3) Loved being first on/off bus. Bus rides to MK did not bother us. Did not seem any longer than the ride from SSR or OKW. Bus ride to AK seemed long considering how close we were.

Being the first on/off for the parks is one of the greatest advantages of staying at Kidani! We don't mind the ride to MK, since we always have a seat! Coming home seems longer, particularly after watching Wishes, when the buses are fully loaded.

5) Kidani luggage transfer to BC...not so great. Labelled all our luggage with someone else's name and misplaced one piece. Located it 5 days later.

That's a bummer! We ended up getting food from someone else delivered to our next resort. It was labelled with our name, but it wasn't ours!

7) BC rooms...ok. Missed 2nd bath that we had at AK.

The extra bath at AKV and BLT are such a great feature. We will have 9 in a 2BR at each resort for a split stay this summer. We will definitely use all three!

8) BC pool...Crazy crowded. Ducks swimming in all pools. Villas a bit of a walk from main pool. Not sure why that bothered me here and not at other locations. I think it was because of the walk through the main lobby. People dressed for dinner, us in our bathing suits.

Was the pool crazy crowded because of the ducks, or people?:rotfl2: We have not stayed at BCV yet, but were thinking about trying it next year. This comment makes me a little concerned about trying it. Maybe the ducks fly north for the summer!:lmao:

9)Bus service from/to BC...awful. Shared with too many other hotels. Great to walk into Epcot and boat to HS.

This seems to summarize the major pro's and con's of staying in an Epcot area resort. We have only done an Epcot area stay once, and we had a car, so we did not have to deal with the buses.

10)Internet at BC was terrible. I tried to go on to do basics...checking email, adrs, flight info. Wifi constantly in and out all week. Mostly did not work. Frustrating.

I hate this! You would think that they would have things running lightning fast in anticipation of FastPass+. Of course, look at how well the website is working at this point . . .:scared1:

Comments above. It sounds like a nice trip, overall. Too back your DD got sick, but at least you found a convenient place to get things taken care of.

I love these to the point reviews. Thanks. Sorry about your daughter. In future, you can call the Medical concierge. They come right to your hotel room with medications even. Used them in March for an asthma related illness and they were fabulous. Arrived within the hour and got me diagnosed and medicated. I was better within the day.

With no community hall, BC doesn't really appeal to me.

Love Kidani for the reasons you stated! The resort is so relaxing!

Also now not a fan of BCV because the opposite applies, way to busy of a pool and quiet pool doesn't appeal to us however a 5 minute to Epcot and walking to DHS does!

For is two completely different types of trips.

Glad your family enjoyed your time!

Your update has be very excited to stay at Kidani!!! We are staying there for the first time in June!! Have stayed at Jambo House and loved it but like you said is always bustling with activity so looking forward to Kidani being a little more quieter.

Oh on your luggage! This makes me nervous!! We are staying at AoA for one night and then transferring over to Kidani. I'm wondering if we should just take a cab?!?!

Thanks all for your well wishes about Dd, she is still not a 100% but doing much better! I did not know about the medical concierge . That would have been even better!

Really, we have transferred luggage several times and never had an issue. Despite the problem this time, I would do it again. I just would not leave my dh who doesn't pay too much attention to details , to take care of the transfer!

I really expected to dislike Kidani, or at least only stay there once. Now, I cannot wait to return! And we still love OKW and SSR for different reasons. BC may be off our "to do" list for a bit. It is so cool to be able to try different resorts yet get the same level of amenities at each!

I hope those of you with upcoming vacations have a great time! I have already started trying to figure out how to justify returning within the year....if only had bought that AP!

We stayed in a 1 bedroom. 2 bathrooms. Master bath had very large separate shower stall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter