Just back from Aulani

snarfieca

Mouseketeer
We got back from our trip to Aulani last week. It was a fabulous trip. I'd like to thank everyone who posted about Aulani; it was great help.

We used the on-line check-in and it worked great. I had the room keys before my husband and finished talking to the guys about parking. We arrived around 9. They said the buffet was still open for supper. We went there but didn't feel like a $45 supper. They said the lounge next door had appetizers. I had beef sliders and Ken had fish tacos; we shared. They were so good. The bartenders were very helpful and nice.

Oh yea; we're in room 506; overlooking the pools. We can see the ocean. It's a 1 bedroom villa. The pool is quiet in the morning before 8:30. That's when they turn on the water park. The balcony shut out the noise completely. In the evening we can hear the music from the entertainment.

WE were in the tower that starts with a W Wainei? At the end of that tower is the quick service place called Ulu. We went there for out first breakfast. We got scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, bacon or sausage, French toast and sliced pineapple for about $12. Very filling breakfast. We also got a refillable mug.

We went to Costco and Safeway for supplies for the next week. At Costco we got salads and a big bottle of premixed margaritas. We got the rest of the groceries at Safeway. We wanted to to to Safeway as we had never gone to a Safeway in the States before. It was laid out the same as at home except for the beer and wine aisles and there's a big seafood station instead od of butcher/seafood station. We were able to use the kitchen for the rest of our meals except the Luau.

This turned out to be a quieter trip than we had originally planned. Ken got kidney problems shortly after we booked. He has to do a procedure 4 times daily. The medical stuff was shipped to the hotel and waiting for us when we arrived. He was able to sit on the balcony to do his procedure. That eliminated long day trips.

We did take 1 day trip; to the North Shore and Waimei Park. There's about a 30 min walk to see the waterfall. We really enjoyed seeing the different trees and flowers. He was a little slower on the walk back but enjoyed it and didn't complain too much. There are few sighs along the North Shore to show where we are. It was hard to find parking . We did find parking a couple of times. I got to see surfers. We couldn't find parking close to where there were shrimp trucks.

There are 4 lagoons by the resort. Lagoon 1 is by Aulani and 3 is by the Marriot. 2 and 4 are really quiet. We enjoyed walking by the lagoons. I enjoyed going in the ocean. It was cold at first step but I quickly got used to it. Ken can't go in the water, He would sit in the shade of a tree, while I went swimming. I has heard there were turtles by lagoon 4 but didn't see any. Maybe at the other side of the lagoon.

We went to Paradise Cove Luau. We got the Orchid package and booked it at the excursions desk after we got there, It's a buffet supper and excellent entertainment. It's about a block from Aulani.

Aulani let us check out about 2 hours later so Ken could do a final procedure before we head back.

The cast members were helpful and friendly. When we called to get something we required or if something didn't work (burned out lightbulb) They came within a half hour. We enjoyed our trip and hope we can go back.

Brenda
from MB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter