Just Back from AKL stay on points

KathyK

Mouseketeer
If you'll recall, I had reserved 1 night on cash, 3 nights on points, and 3 more nights on cash. When I contacted DVC MS to try to get some nights on points, she asked what category room I had reserved on cash so that she could check to see if she could reserve the same on points. I had reserved a Deluxe Savannah View.

Well, after hearing some stories here, I was worried that I'd have to switch to a standard room for my nights on points, and then back to deluxe.

Well, I had nothing to worry about. We were able to stay in the deluxe sav. room for all 7 nights of our stay, and we didn't have to move. Phew! Perhaps MS can reserve a specific room category in certain circumstances, but if an entire stay is reserved on points, we get the run of the house? I'm not sure, but I consider myself pretty lucky that we didn't have to move.

Anyhow, the resort was fantastic, and DH and I agreed that we will definitely be returning, whether paying cash pr points.

--Kathy

Thanks for the post. We are staying at AKL next weekend after 5 nights at the WVL. We are paying cash (got the savannah view $179 rate) and can't wait to stay there. After reading your post, I am more excited than ever!

Does a Savannah view mean you were able to overlook animals? Was there any zoo like odor? I am often worried about that and need to know beofre trying to book!

Thanks,
Bob

Yep - we overlooked the animals. I posted a more complete report on the resort board. There was no detectable odor of any kind. I did notice that the CMs wouldperiodically drive around in a jeep and pick up animal droppings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter