Just back from a week at OKW:

smjj

Been there done that going back now as DVC member
Just got back last Friday from a week at OKW, just my wife and I. When the kids came over to go over the watching of the cat for us, my granddaughters told us it was not fair to go to WDW without them. We told them we are scouting out our location for when we take the entire family again next Thanksgiving. We took them all 2 years ago and stayed in a grand villa at BLT's.
All in all it was a good trip, the weather could of been better but heck it sure beat 38 here in Indy that week. I was going to post some pic. with this post but evidently the Webshots I was using is now renamed and requires a fee to host pictures so I will look for another site to post them from. I will probably use the one here on DIS for a few for now.
Some observations from this trip.
1. Big Bill is still at Olivia's. He is our favorite server and get our picture taken with him each time we go.
2. We stayed in building 14 near hospitality house and would not recommend it. We had a corner studio near the entrance and it was very noise.I suppose we could have ask to be moved but not that big of a deal. We normally stay in South Point. We starting boarding the bus at Peninsula Dr. a longer walk but the bus was usually already full if we boarded at the hospitality House.
3. We just took our time and did not rush on anything. One day we just went to the bus stop and boarded the first bus to come by.
4. We spent one day going around to all the resorts to checkout the Xmas decoration and again GF wins hands down, followed by YC/BC then Wilderness lodge.
5. Went to use our 10 day non-expire pass on our third day into the parks and they were already out of days so we had to purchase them onsite. Should have had them checked when we checked in. I missed a day somewhere over the last 3 years when we bought them.
6. They need to update LaNuba. It is getting old and not much new from the last time we saw it 3 years ago.
7. If you want good food and cheap, eat at Earl of Sandwich at DTD. They have very good wraps and salads. Place is always busy but we would buy a wrap and a salad and split one and take the other back to the room that night. They are $5.99 and are very good..
I could go on and on but this was a good trip and our family brick is still right outside of MK as you exit the boat ramps but it is getting really worn down. Looking forward to our next trip with the kids and grandkids and I will try to post some pictures soon but we are both so busy now....smjj

Sounds like a nice relaxing stay. Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the report.....Happy Holidays!

Sounds like you had a good trip. My wife and I were at OKW 12/8 to 12/15 at Southpoint 5416. Had a good time relaxing and seeing all the Christmas decorations. Going back 1/11 taking our daughter to run the 1/2 marathon. Staying at BWV this time.

And we just booked a grand villa for next Thanksgiving. Made them online the moment we arrived at the 11 month window. Booking online gives us a 2 hour window on all phone reservations. It worked out pretty good....smjj

By the way, I use photobucket.com for my pictures :yay: It is free and I find it easy to use :woohoo:

7. If you want good food and cheap, eat at Earl of Sandwich at DTD. They have very good wraps and salads. Place is always busy but we would buy a wrap and a salad and split one and take the other back to the room that night. They are $5.99 and are very good..

i wish earl's would expand and add a location on the other side of DTD. they are always so busy now...

(i went the week after thanksgiving at 2:30pm and there was still a big line.)

Thanks for the TR, look forward to the pictures! Love OKW, it's my favorite resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter