Just back from a great trip!

luvsvacation

Mouseketeer
We were at Disney Oct 20-24 and had a great time! It was busier that it’s been in the past but we didn’t have any trouble doing everything we wanted to do. I had been reading about the difficulty of getting a BG for ROTR and WS. I figured the first day I’d just give it a shot and if that didn’t work the next day I’d use some of the tricks like having each member of my party get the app and try and using the atomic clock countdown. First day I got WB at 7 and had a really early BG. By 9:30 we had ridden RSR, Guardians and WS! At noon I got ROTR so we hopped over to DL at 3:30 to ride it. ROTR was SO amazing!! We ended up riding it 3 of our 4 park days (last day I got a BG but it didn’t get called until we were already on our way to the airport) WB was a one and done for us. It was cool, but after the first day we didn’t try for another BG for it. We LOVED guardians and ended up riding it 5 times!

We did 2 days of hopping (mostly focused on CA) 1 full day at DL and another half day at DL before our flight. At CA we rode everything except the few things we decided to skip, emotional whirlwind, jumpin jellyfish, the carrousel and grizzly river because no one wanted to get soaked. At DL we rode everything except the few we decided to skip, gadgets go coaster (we rode goofys at CA and my teens, 19 & 18 decided they didn’t need another kiddie coaster) Pinocchio (my daughter said the movie always scared her) Casey jr train, storybookland canal boats, and obviously BTMR because it was closed (we were sad about that). We rode our favorites more than once.

We spent ALOT of time just walking around Galaxy’s Edge and Avengers Campus. My husband and daughter are huge Star Wars and marvel fans. We watched the shows there multiple times. DD got to talk to star lord and gamora and get a pic with them. She interacted with Kylo Ren. They both made light sabers at Savis. We had the Minnie breakfast at Plaza Inn. We got lots of treats!

I enjoyed the online ordering. It was great to be able to order our food from Pyms and when we showed up it was ready to go, no waiting! We were able to order churros and ice cream from the cozy cone and walk up and get it immediately with no wait. The one long wait we had was ordering dole whips. We expected just to go up and get them right away but the return was like 2 hours later. So we put in our order and then grabbed some popcorn and a pretzel from a nearby cart immediately and rode a few rides until it was our return time. Again when we returned it was ready right away. I really enjoyed that. As long as you got your order in then there was no waiting on return. Usually we would just order our food while we were in line for a ride. It made the lines move faster as we were all taking turns picking out our food and ordering. Then ride another ride or two and go pick up your food! I found that to be very efficient. We didn’t have trouble finding tables. While I would go inside and get our food my husband and kids would split up and look for a table. Someone always found someone who was leaving who’s table we could get. We never once had to stand holding food looking for a place to sit.

What a wonderful trip! We go in a week and a half and are hoping for a great experience. Actually, I am not too worried about it. Wish there wasn't so much scaffolding up and the Pixar Pier lagoon was going to be full but other than that we've got our ressies in place and a plan and are ready to go.

Nice! So happy to hear when non locals have a blast. Local AP holders can have a bad day at the park and not sweat it, but I hate hearing people who plan this amazing multi day trip only to have it not meet their reasonable expectations.

I also refuse to go on goofys but for a different reason. That ride terrifies me and I’m a rollercoaster junkie. That ride and tatsu in magic mountain are big time nogoes for me. I don’t feel secure in either ride, which is not the type of thrill I’m looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter