just back from 10 nights at AKL - mixed reviews :/

Are there not still conservation cards in the rooms advising that soft goods aren't normall changed during a stay, and advising what to do if you want something replaced? Remove sheets, leave towels on tub floor?

We change our sheets at home weekly, so sorry, I have to agree because, I do think they should be changed at least once during that stay.....especially at the nightly rate that AKL charges :-)

I do every 10-12 days at home. As long as nobody has been sick or sweaty, etc. I just think it's a waste otherwise. I think if they changed daily, the already obscene price would go up even more..

I do every 10-12 days at home. As long as nobody has been sick or sweaty, etc. I just think it's a waste otherwise. I think if they changed daily, the already obscene price would go up even more..

Right, I think daily is too much as well...totally agree. But I think for a 10 night stay, they should be changed at least once, IMHO.

Are there not still conservation cards in the rooms advising that soft goods aren't normall changed during a stay, and advising what to do if you want something replaced? Remove sheets, leave towels on tub floor?

And yes, I totally forgot about those, that was there the last time! I do understand that it would be expensive and wasteful to launder every day, but I do think 10 days is a long time to go.

We just returned from our stay at AKL last week. We stayed DVC so we didn't receive daily housekeeping but what we did receive was not good. We should have had one towel service and one cleaning during our stay. The first time they came a day early. I wasn't planning on anyone being in the room so not everything was put away. Then they showed up again the next day. On the day they were supposed to clean and leave fresh towels they never showed up. This is the first time we have had issues with housekeeping at AKL so I'm hoping it was just a fluke.

Just back from AKL too both Jambo and kidani and not an issue at either. Rooms were clean, service and CMs were super friendly as usual and did not have any issue with bell services. We actually had a delay getting the luggage to our room and they were more than apologetic for the inconvenience and gave us some extra FP for the troubles.
I agree, if there were issues it should have been discussed at the resort and allow them to rectify the issues.

I only had trash and towel service one day because I was staying DVC for 5 days but I didn't notice anything that wasn't up to the standards I expected.

Hi All,
Just back from 10 nights at AKL - Jambo House, pool view room (3452 to be exact!). While we still love AKL and will likely return, we were a bit disappointed in a few things this time around. Number 1 was the poor housekeeping we had during our stay. I can say with certainty that our sheets were never changed once in the 10 nights we were there. The reason I know for sure was my daughter had a bit of bloody nose the first morning we woke up. There was a tiny little drop of blood (which I spot cleaned with detergent and water) but it left a tiny stain on the sheet. It was still there on our last night so I know they never changed the sheets. We had a party of FOUR staying in the room and each day they would leave 3 facecloths and 2 hand towels. Don't they know how many people are staying in a room?? Then we ran out of toilet paper on two separate occasions. This should never happen as they should always replace the extra roll so people never run out. Also, they frequently did not replace coffee cups of glasses with clean ones every day.
And not that I'm expecting towel animals or anything, but when I pay for a deluxe resort experience, I do expect impeccable housekeeping. I've had much better in cheaper chain hotels. This was really disappointing and hopefully it was just a housekeeper who was new.
Number 2 was the valet services at the front entrance. I remember when the AKL first opened, the valet staff were fabulous and I don't think I had to open a car door once during those early trips. This time, we would frequently pull up and there were no valet staff in site. When they were there, they were very nice and helpful but they simply were not around a lot of the times. Again, I feel that in a deluxe resort, the valet staff should have a constant presence when you pull up in your car. Contrast this to the Grand Floridian where we went for dinner one night and there were valet staff immediately there to welcome you and open the door. It's a little thing but it did use to be much better.
I'm wondering if you brought your housekeeping or valet concerns to anyone's attention?

Yes, we always make sure to put the towels in the tub at least. We generally don't pull the sheets unless we feel they're dirty or sweaty.

Totally agree! They can't fix what they aren't aware of! We did 8 nights at Kidani five years ago and it was fabulous....but we've always had fabulous Housekeeping! We just got back from Fort Wilderness in March and I didn't realize that they don't do bath gel or lotion at a moderate, and of course, I didn't pack any. So anyway, I left a note asking Mousekeeping if they could possibly get me any, each day, they made sure I had a refill of all of the toiletries INCLUDING lotion and bath gel - which isn't the standard at a moderate! I'm never sure if this is because we always leave a nice tip each day or because all things are magical at Disney :-)

Is that something new? We have always had all toiletries, including bath gel, soap and lotion when staying at a moderate - specifically Port Orleans - Riverside.

Is that something new? We have always had all toiletries, including bath gel, soap and lotion when staying at a moderate - specifically Port Orleans - Riverside.

You know, I thought that myself, but then I asked and they told me that the Deluxe always have that, but the moderates do not. So I don't know if this is something new, but we were just there in March and had the bar of soap (no bath gel) or body lotion. But like I said, I requested it and Mousekeeping brought it over each day!

Since they're conservation conscious, every day might be a lot, but I think every 3 days is fair. I would have called housekeeping after 3 days. If that didn't work, I would have left the sheets in a pile on the floor or in the tub with the used towels, so they had no choice but to bring fresh sheets. We'll be at AKL in August. I'm hoping that these issues will be resolved by then.

Since they're conservation conscious, every day might be a lot, but I think every 3 days is fair. I would have called housekeeping after 3 days. If that didn't work, I would have left the sheets in a pile on the floor or in the tub with the used towels, so they had no choice but to bring fresh sheets. We'll be at AKL in August. I'm hoping that these issues will be resolved by then.
We've never had an issue with mousekeeping there.

We've never had an issue with mousekeeping there.
We really love AKL. This will be our third stay and we've never had an issue before. In fact, they've always gone above and beyond. But, we haven't stayed there since 2010, so things could have changed.

I'm curious if you knew the sheets weren't being changed why you didn't take it to the front desk right away?

Doug :goofy:
Bingo, I read a lot of posts on here about poor service such as this yet very few do anything about it when something can be done about it to directly impact their experience..
Same goes for those who say things like I would email Disney and tell them, wonderful but you should have told them when you are there and something could be done about it.

On a side note, how many of you change your sheets at home once a week?
I personally know of people who don't yet when they go on vacation ***** that the hotel didn't.
Once again if it's an issue for you say something when you are in the moment but don't be act like it's an issue when it's not something you would do yourself to begin with.

We stayed at AKL for a week this past December and noted the decline in services from housekeeping staff. We did mention it to the front desk staff so that they were aware. The concerns we had were room service trays that appeared to be left for half a day in the hallways. We would see the same trays at several points in the day. Housekeeping was slow to get to the rooms and each day we heard the housekeeping staff talking loudly to each other up and down the halls, mostly complaining about coworkers. This was shocking to hear! They usually appeared irritated and annoyed. The one thing that seemed to be handled well was if we needed something in the evening. Any supplies or requests of housekeeping were handled quickly and in a friendly manner. We wondered what the cause might be for the poor behavior we saw each morning in the halls. We return this December and hope it will be different.

We just got back 2 weeks ago from a 9 night stay at Kidani. We experienced poor housekeeping too. They shorted us towels/washcloths both times and didn't leave more toilet paper. I called for toilet paper one night and never got it. We were going down to the lobby to use the restroom because we had no toilet paper. I called and got mean at that point and did finally get some 2 hours later. It was absurd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter