• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back - a challenging trip...

Thank you to all who replied to my post. In response to the questions asked:

No, we didn't use the crowd calendar. We've gone at this time in previous years without any problems with crowds so didn't think it necessary.

I was able to give my MB to my male friend without any issues so I guess the CMs don't care who actually uses them.

Disney fatigue? Really? More like FP fatigue - too much time and effort required to try to make our plans work.

Nope, flutterby3744, I'm not a big thrill ride person, but still enjoy the biggies at least once. My favorites are Soarin, TSM, and Buzz. On a hot day, I enjoy TTA (which also could use a little update, but that's a whole other post...)!

Regarding the Ariel ride, I just didn't see much creativity beyond the theming at the entrance - JMO. There are so many similar rides already at the parks - yes, like IASW or the one in The Living Seas at Epcot (can't remember the name)- I was hoping for something different.

As for adding our off-site friends to our DVC room ressie, I didn't even think of it! If things don't change in the next year, I'll look into that idea - thank you! Does anyone know if this might actually work??

In retrospect, I think only having 3 full days in the parks with off-site friends made using FP+ much more difficult. If we'd had 10 days, it probably would've been a different story (and a tad more pricey). ;)

I hope all of you who have upcoming trips experience lots of Disney magic and enjoy yourselves - maybe you'll get lucky and Disney will make some changes to FP before then.

All in all, my whole point was that we had fun but it could've been a lot better. I wanted to weigh in with the other 2% on lack of love for FP+. But, hey, it was certainly better than looking at dirty snow for 3 days!

princess:

No, we didn't use the crowd calendar. We've gone at this time in previous years without any problems with crowds so didn't think it necessary.

I was able to give my MB to my male friend without any issues so I guess the CMs don't care who actually uses them.

Actually, there have been so many posts on this board about calendars being incorrect lately(totally understandable while everyone figures out what is happening), I'm not sure it would have helped you all that much anyway. :confused3

I was wondering about the whole passing your fp to a family member...because I heard your name comes up on the scan. But then I hear about FP lines and trying to get everyone in the ride...does a CM CARE whose name comes up? lol And when you look at how many thousands of names a day? I just have to wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter