Just back.....10 Fabulous Days!!

Sammy

DIS Veteran
Hey all! Just back today from a great 10-day Disney vacation - Sept. 18th through 28th)! Thanks to all the information I've gotten from these boards over the years, we had a terrific time! Here's a quick run-down, but I hope to post a detailed trip report soon. Any questions, please feel free to ask!!

Rented a car for the first 3 days. Used Emerald Aisle membership for the first time to bypass National rental counter at MCO. Awesome to just go to garage, pick out car, and be on our way after a quick stop at the gate!

Two nights at Hawthorn Suites, Westwood Blvd. Nice hotel for the price ($59/night). One day at Seaworld. Kids had a ball and the Clyde and Seamore Show had us in stitches. Ate at Voyager's Pizza....expensive and just ok.

Moved to Dolphin for the next 7 nights. AWESOME HOTEL!!! The lobby is stunning and the location just can't be beat. We walked to and from Epcot several times during the week, and I loved being so close to the Boardwalk. Some pixie dust at check-in when I asked for a complimentary upgrade and was given a room on the 8th floor overlooking Crescent Lake, YC/BC, and Epcot. We watched the Epcot fireworks from our room 3 nights in a row!! We could even see the Cirque tent and the hotels on Hotel Blvd near Downtown Disney. The view out our window was just beautiful at night.

Parks were crowded on the Saturday 9/20 and Sunday 9/21. Slowed down during the week.....most rides were walk-on's at MK on Tuesday! Rode Tomorrowland Speedway 3x in a row first thing in the morning. Crowds definately picked up by Friday and we left MK in the afternoon because the lines were long and crowds heavy.

Ate at lots of places, but here's a few: Sci-Fi, Tangerine Cafe, Dolphin Fountain, Beaches and Cream, Cosmic Rays, Poly Luau, Pizzafari, Trail's End Buffeteria. I'll post reviews on the restaurant board.

Saw lots of interesting outfits on people....saw more skin than I ever wished to see! Also, lots of women in full makeup, dressier clothing and high heels walking the parks (oh my aching feet!). DD-13 and DS-11 got quite an eyefull this week!

Stayed our last night at the Renaissance, Airport thanks to Priceline. The room was bigger than our room at the Dolphin, and the beds were actually more comfortable! Very pretty decor and the bathroom was huge! Was very happy seeing as I only paid $28/night!!

Used FLTours for our transfer from the Dolphin to the Renaissance and were supposed to get a luxury van. To our great delight and surprise, we were picked up in a stretch limo!! The kids were beside themselves!!! More Pixie Dust!!

Left MCO at 7:20 this morning and arrived home in Nashua by 11:45 after a quick stop at Grammy's. We are exhausted, a little sad about leaving, and not looking forward to school/work tomorrow. Had a really great time and did lots and lots of stuff.

I'll try to answer any and all questions, and I also hope to post on the Parks board and the Restaurant Board. I'll post reviews of the two offsite hotels on the Orlando area board.

Sammy

So glad you had a wonderful time with lots of PD. I, too, love the Dolphin and the Swan, too. See my avatar! :D

....about leaving on the stormy Thurday(Isabel?) . I thought about you a lot That Thursday! How was your flight? I remember you were quite worried about flying.
So glad you had fun!!!!

airhead

airhead:

Wow, thanks for thinking of me! Yes, I'm the one who was stressed about being affected by Isabel. We had a late flight (7:30 PM) out of Manchester, NH and I was afraid we would not be able to make it down the East Coast. As it happened, Southwest cancelled all flights to Orlando that were layovers/connecting in Baltimore and Raleigh. Luckily, they did not cancel the non-stops! We departed right on time, and I believe we ended up flying waaaaaaay out over the ocean, because we could not see any lights at all for a good portion of the flight. We arrived at MCO right on schedule. Had a magical time and I worried for nothing! As a matter of fact, the flight home this morning was more turbulent than the one I worried about last week. We flew above all the storms along the East Coast and it got pretty bumpy.

Thanks for remembering me~

Sammy

Sammy,

Glad you had fun! I just sent a PM, but here's the Q - is the National / Emerals Aisle right at the airport (walk from the luggage area) or a shuttle bus away?

Thanks!

ncbyrne: I reserved a full-size and ended up taking a Buick Century. Plenty of room for the 5 of us and our luggage which consisted of 2 large suitcase duffles, 1 smaller duffle, and 2 carry-on sized bags. The 3 kids (13, 11, 8) fit just fine in the back seat.

DrTomorrow: The Emerald Aisle cars are located in the parking garage directly across the street from the baggage claim. We just picked up our luggage, turned around, walked out the door and crossed the street. There are signs telling you which floor has the Alamo pickup and which has National. I think National was on the 2nd floor. Very easy to find!

So glad to hear you enjoyed the Dolphin! I agree that the location is great. Can you give us an update on the renovations at the Dolphin? Did you get a renovated room with the Heavenly beds? Thanks for posting your review. It sounds like you made some great memories and welcome back!

How hot was it? We are leaving in 42 hours and am curious about the weather.

Muffy: asked about the renovations and was told they are working on the 7th floor. They said they hope to finish all renovations by the end of March, 2004.

Tinkerbelle739: it was very hot and humid the first part of the week. Thursday through Saturday it was partly to mostly overcast with the normal 1-hour downpours in the afternoon. Actually, after the heat/humidity of the first few days, the overcast days were a welcome relief! Have a super trip!!

Sammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter