Just a little confused.

JodieJRanch

Registered
I have followed this board for years without posting. In the past there were general discussions about a wide variety of topics, though it now appears that this board has completely changed. I recently made a couple of post, about wearing mask at Disney and travel in general. Both post were moved to a community board with an explanation that they had nothing to do with the Dis-Unplugged. Now that I look a little closer, I tend to agree. It does appear to be pretty much advertisements by the moderators, but I also look at a post called D.O.C.'s that also has nothing to do with the Dis-Unplugged. Guess the Community Board is the place to be from now on.

I would stay away from the community boards. JMO. THe D.O.C thread is thoughtful and has taught me a lot, and it came about in an organic way from a remarkable poster. I have enjoyed it greatly, so I am all for keeping it.

Everything has changed, you are right. It used to be a topic would come up on the show and we would hash it out for several pages, run off on tangents but it was great fun. We could and would debate basically anything they said. I think we often gave the team ideas and gentle suggestions.

So many regulars aren't posting because travel isn't in their future. Cruise and DL fans have been in holding patterns for a long time, normalcy a long ways off in both. The spirit and soul of the various board communities have changed and evolved over the last year, including this one. Some posters are gone by their choice and frankly some not, and some still MIA and I hope they and their families are okay.

I think it's okay to acknowledge, it's not the same. I think the effects on the board and the community are one of the domino effects of covid. Maybe acknowledging it, is the best way to start to normalize whatever normal is. I feel like a meta conversation is rising to the surface, maybe the timing isn't right yet, but I think it's coming.

I would stay away from the community boards. JMO. THe D.O.C thread is thoughtful and has taught me a lot, and it came about in an organic way from a remarkable poster. I have enjoyed it greatly, so I am all for keeping it.

Everything has changed, you are right. It used to be a topic would come up on the show and we would hash it out for several pages, run off on tangents but it was great fun. We could and would debate basically anything they said. I think we often gave the team ideas and gentle suggestions.

So many regulars aren't posting because travel isn't in their future. Cruise and DL fans have been in holding patterns for a long time, normalcy a long ways off in both. The spirit and soul of the various board communities have changed and evolved over the last year, including this one. Some posters are gone by their choice and frankly some not, and some still MIA and I hope they and their families are okay.

I think it's okay to acknowledge, it's not the same. I think the effects on the board and the community are one of the domino effects of covid. Maybe acknowledging it, is the best way to start to normalize whatever normal is. I feel like a meta conversation is rising to the surface, maybe the timing isn't right yet, but I think it's coming.

Whether people like a post, or dislike a post should have nothing to do with anything. There will always be post that some people like and some people dislike. There should be no room for subjectivity. There are either posting guidelines or there aren't.

Guidelines are always a grey area and subject to the moderators. There is a general guidance under each of the board titles.

I think the move makes sense-the DOC board (which I have found amazing) also is discussing-should there be a board specific to this topic? How can we talk about the experiences of those who love Disney and are POC, how can we include their voices more on the boards, on the shows that we all love. Your post regarding Florida opening up and masks is a conversation that’s happening constantly here and I think really does belong more in the community boards-the mask fight, in particular, tends to derail the conversation whenever it’s brought up on other boards (I see it multiple times a day on the TPAS board, for instance and it really negatively impacts the threads). I don’t think moving it to a more appropriate forum has silenced you any more than if I post in Disney resorts a question about buying DVC and it gets moved.

This board was created to talk about topics that are brought up on the DIS Unplugged podcasts. Now and then, topics have been brought up and then they take a life of their own. These have stayed. I can think of two - the chat thread that was started by Nikki when she was a mod, and the DOC thread

There are several forums to just chat about different things.

A while ago threads were popping up on this board that had nothing to do with the podcast, and which distracted from the podcast threads. So it was decided that threads that weren’t about the podcast should be moved to other boards.

I am trying to be fair here.

For fun conversation that isn’t about the podcast, but in keeping with the community here try the chat thread. And if anyone wants to bring up new topics in a new thread try the Community board.

This board was created to talk about topics that are brought up on the DIS Unplugged podcasts. Now and then, topics have been brought up and then they take a life of their own. These have stayed. I can think of two - the chat thread that was started by Nikki when she was a mod, and the DOC thread

There are several forums to just chat about different things.

A while ago threads were popping up on this board that had nothing to do with the podcast, and which distracted from the podcast threads. So it was decided that threads that weren’t about the podcast should be moved to other boards.

I am trying to be fair here.

For fun conversation that isn’t about the podcast, but in keeping with the community here try the chat thread. And if anyone wants to bring up new topics in a new thread try the Community board.

Back in prehistoric times, before video, when the Podcast show was strictly audio, there was a conversation on this board and Pete made a comment on the weekly podcast show that this board is not for criticizing everything that is discussed on the podcast show. I can also remember when on a podcast show, there was a discussion that there was more leeway given for general discussions on this board, as compared to others, and that hasn't been that many years ago. As I said in a previous post, this board has changed, and in my opinion, not for the better as evidenced by how few people post on it on a regular basis as compared to years past.

Last edited:
Back in prehistoric times, before video, when the Podcast show was strictly audio, there was a conversation on this board and Pete made a comment on the weekly podcast show that this board is not for criticizing everything that is discussed on the podcast show. I can also remember when on a podcast show, there was a discussion that there was more leeway given for general discussions on this board, as compared to others, and that hasn't been that many years ago. As I said in a previous post, this board has changed, and in my opinion, not for the better as evidenced by how few people post on it on a regular basis as compared to years past.

From Pete's May 22, 2007 thread - Welcome - Please read before posting - pinned at the top of this forum:

"While we welcome comments and discussions about our show, we ask that all topics posted here remain specific to the DIS Unplugged."

From Pete's May 22, 2007 thread - Welcome - Please read before posting - pinned at the top of this forum:

"While we welcome comments and discussions about our show, we ask that all topics posted here remain specific to the DIS Unplugged."

14 years ago, wow that has been a long time. The name of this board is the DIS UnPlugged "Podcast". So if we make a comment about the "Podcast", that's not wanted? Not exactly sure what that means.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!