Jungle Cruise EVC

When deciding whether you can transfer into a non accessible boat, do not underestimate that this is one of the more demanding boats to get into and out of. There are bars to hold onto, but the steps are steep and large.

Last week my mom opted to transfer from her ECV onto the regular boat. She got in just fine, but slipped and fell to the floor of the boat when getting out. The walking aisles on the boat are narrow and she had a very hard time getting back up. She wasn’t hurt, but she was badly shaken up and embarrassed. We canceled our fast passes to Pirates so she wouldn’t have to climb out of another boat.

Beside me in another line were guests in wheelchairs or scooters. They got to load onto any of the other boats before me at the Disney cast member discretion. They tied these boats down, too. Then they untied the boat and advanced to the regular guest line queue for everyone else to load the regular, non-lift boat.

It is not at the cast member discretion there is a dedicated boat to be tied off for guest that have to use the exit to be able to ride, I have been very lucky ( or unlucky ) to come up right as the boat had just left the unload area.

I do know how this works I just do not go into that much detail so I do not confuse the OP with more information than what they are asking for, which was if they give out return times ( yes they do)and then if you then go through the FP line ( no you go thoguth the exit/ handicap entrance) where the CM will ask the OP dad if he can and can not transfer and let them know there option. Since the OP has not come back on I think we have answered the question (besides one time after I posted the first replay) I think we have answered the OP question and might be on the line of confusing the OP.

Last edited:
Thank you for the clarification, gap2368.

I think that I am confusing myself, too.

It is not at the cast member discretion there is a dedicated boat to be tied off for guest that have to use the exit to be able to ride, I have been very lucky ( or unlucky ) to come up right as the boat had just left the unload area.

I do know how this works I just do not go into that much detail so I do not confuse the OP with more information than what they are asking for, which was if they give out return times ( yes they do)and then if you then go through the FP line ( no you go thoguth the exit/ handicap entrance) where the CM will ask the OP dad if he can and can not transfer and let them know there option. Since the OP has not come back on I think we have answered the question (besides one time after I posted the first replay) I think we have answered the OP question and might be on the line of confusing the OP.

When deciding whether you can transfer into a non accessible boat, do not underestimate that this is one of the more demanding boats to get into and out of. There are bars to hold onto, but the steps are steep and large.

Last week my mom opted to transfer from her ECV onto the regular boat. She got in just fine, but slipped and fell to the floor of the boat when getting out. The walking aisles on the boat are narrow and she had a very hard time getting back up. She wasn’t hurt, but she was badly shaken up and embarrassed. We canceled our fast passes to Pirates so she wouldn’t have to climb out of another boat.

I hope your Mom is truly OK, and that she has recovered fully - in every way! I love WDW, but I can no longer climb in and out of any boat at WDW, so I fully understand - if Jungle Cruise (and Small World, Living With The Land, and The Gran Fiesta Tour) didn't have the roll-on boat, I wouldn't be able to ride it either.

OP and Ray are talking about 2 different boat scenarios, but both are talking about utilizing an accessible queue and "wheelchair return time" to access an alternate/accessible entrance to the attraction. The "regular" queues for Jungle Cruise are not accessible for ECVs or wheelchairs. If a guest needs to use the ECV/wheelchair while waiting in the queue, they must get a return time for the accessible entrance (exit). It doesn't matter if the guest is transferring into the boat or needs the accessible boat. Anyone utilizing an ECV/wheelchair in the queue is directed to the accessible queue, which more than likely is utilizing "wheelchair return times" to help stagger the crowds in that area.

As with any attraction, if a guest is able to walk the queue, they may certainly park the ECV and walk it. But if they may need to sit during the wait, the regular standby/FP queue does not accept ECVs.

Beside me in another line were guests in wheelchairs or scooters. They got to load onto any of the other boats before me at the Disney cast member discretion. They tied these boats down, too. Then they untied the boat and advanced to the regular guest line queue for everyone else to load the regular, non-lift boat.

This all makes more sense, thank you.

Yes you have answered my question perfectly.

Hi, cmwade77. Not at Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Jungle Cruise. Last week they only had one boat per the cast member. I didn't ask if they had more lift boats. I don't know if they use more than one lift boat. But I do know that for my vacation last week the Disney cast members always told me that they had one lift boat running.
Ray they do have more than one accessible but may only have 1 in service.

Ray they do have more than one accessible but may only have 1 in service.

Hi, Talking Hands. I thought that they might have more than one. They were very busy that day when I entered the line. Maybe they added another one later after I exited. I really enjoyed the ride.

Can only answer quickly.

The accessible Jungle Cruise boat at WDW MK can accommodate either one ECV or one wheelchair.
The size is the same as size requirements for buses. There may be a tipping concern that prevents very narrow or very top heavy devices.
The weight MIGHT be an issue for some larger devices with a larger rider (over 600 pounds total)

There is more than one boat, but usually only one is running at a time.
We’ve most frequently had Wamba Wanda.
The other accessible boat is Bomakandi Bertha.

Thank you, Sue.

Can only answer quickly.

The accessible Jungle Cruise boat at WDW MK can accommodate either one ECV or one wheelchair.
The size is the same as size requirements for buses. There may be a tipping concern that prevents very narrow or very top heavy devices.
The weight MIGHT be an issue for some larger devices with a larger rider (over 600 pounds total)

There is more than one boat, but usually only one is running at a time.
We’ve most frequently had Wamba Wanda.
The other accessible boat is Bomakandi Bertha.

IIRC there are only 2 or 3 lift boats at WDW and typically only one is running at a time( but I rarely go during high season so I would imagine they'd run more if possible)

I personally have never gotten the return time but I have passed by the area when there was a CM out in front handing them out. my next trip I will almost certainly be able to transfer so won't need the special boat although I will probably wait in the chair until boarding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter