"Jungle" All the Way! A Christmas TR (NEW 11/26) Good thing that tree is Swiss!

First! Hurray for going back to Disney World next Christmas!! That's so awesome! :goodvibes

It only takes four hours to get from LA to Orlando? It takes like six hours from Seattle. I guess that makes sense since LA is way south of Seattle, but still.

I'm loving the snowman display with the flamingo reindeer. It's so ridiculous, it's amazing. I've never seen pictures of the SoG lobby before, but it looks pretty.

This was my corner. I refused to share a bed w/ my crazy sister b/c a few years ago we had to share a bed in another hotel and she randomly rolled over and punched out my pillow in her sleep! And my head was totally using that pillow! I was horrified.

Haha, how does that even happen? That's terrifying, but from the perspective of someone who has never had that happen to them, also kind of hilarious.

Great trip report so far, I'm in!

We've stayed at SOG before and we really enjoy it, hoping to go back this summer. We've never been at Christmas time but, everything looks pretty though.
:welcome: Thanks for reading!! I really love SoG- it's way nicer than I imagined! The Shady Shuttle became my favorite attraction!

Loving the report! And what a delight that your parents are insisting on going back for another Christmas trip! :santa:

That SOG room looks really large and nice - I wouldn't mind sharing that room! Of course for my upcoming trip, my dad has decreed that I cannot share a room with him and my mom, so I will be bunking solo. Should be quite the indulgence.

Haha- yes I'm still rather surprised about our 2nd trip being scheduled pretty much immediately upon our return- I thought I was going to have to wait until I graduated and acquired a real job!! :rotfl: Pands is so hilarious- I wish my parents would kick me out of their room as well!

That room is enormous compared to the Disney rooms! Your small corner looks just beautiful. I, too, have slept on many a couch (and even a bench at the GF haha) to avoid sharing a bed!

That's crazy- I would refuse to share a room any smaller than the SoG variety w/ 3 adults. I was being harassed the entire time about my length of showers and how I arranged my items on the bathroom counter. So ridiculous! :sad2: And I'm glad I'm not the only one w/ bed sharing phobias. My sister is really far too disgusting to share even a large bed with.

It only takes four hours to get from LA to Orlando? It takes like six hours from Seattle. I guess that makes sense since LA is way south of Seattle, but still.

Wow- 6 hrs is a pretty big deal! I've never really thought about it but Washington is pretty far away. I was considering driving up to Portland for an Amazing Race audition and it's like a 15 hr drive!

I'm loving the snowman display with the flamingo reindeer. It's so ridiculous, it's amazing.

I know right?? I totally went bananas over the 8 tiny flamingdeer. The flamingdeer in the very front even has a red beak. :love:

Haha, how does that even happen? That's terrifying, but from the perspective of someone who has never had that happen to them, also kind of hilarious.

HAHA I have no earthly idea! :confused3 I was just stunned. And when I investigated and discovered she had been asleep during the entire attack I was even more stunned!

DAY 1.2: Falling over a bench. Trapped in Mouse Gear!

Oh dear- it's been so long! I'm preparing for this thing at school called the qualifying exam; passing it officially turns you into an official Phd candidate! Plus I get a raise. I decided that avoiding the DIS until I take my exam in early April is ridiculous and stupid, so I have returned! Plus I've been pining for Disney World in particular for the past few days. Even my parents are pining! I'm so proud.

Last time we left off we had just arrived at Shades of Green. My Dad was in want of a drink of some sort so he disappeared (people disappearing somehow becomes a strong theme during this trip). I was aghast at my Mom and sister's combined lethargy so I threw them onto the "Shady Shuttle":

dis05_0023.jpg

SoG is actually only about a 10 min walk to the Poly, however the Shady Shuttle gets you there in a preferable 2 min. Once you reach the edge of SoG property, you sprint across the road and down this lovely path toward the Poly dock:

dis05_0318.jpg

That pic was actually taken on the 19th as we were walking back from MK. And remember when I wrote that people disappearing was a recurring theme for this trip? There's my Mom and Heather disappearing into the horizon.

Once we arrived at the dock (where we would be departing from for our Wishes cruise on the next night, Sunday 12/19) I practically exploded b/c we could see this neon purple thing burning in the distance...THE CASTLE!!!!

dis05_0316.jpg

I was so ensconced w/ my view of the castle that I refused to exert any extra energy navigating and didn't notice myself zooming up to this randomly (and rather stupidly in my opinion) situated wrought iron bench:

dis05_0317.jpg

(You can also see the windows of 'Ohana in that pic, where we ate breakfast on Thursday, 12/23!) Upon running into the bench I straight up doubled over and practically said hello. "Oh my goodness, excuse me!" If it hadn't been for my extreme agility and coordination I certainly would've rolled into the water. I looked up and saw my Mom and Heather standing there, just staring at me w/ blank expressions on their faces. In extreme pain and indignation, I darkly inquired why they hadn't alerted me that I was dangerously close to a bench- I would've done the same for them! Still expressionless, they insisted that they thought I saw it. Why would anyone run towards a bench???

We headed into the main building and were totally confused trying to find the monorail. We finally decided we should probably walk up the stairs. There were so many people streaming into 'Ohana for dinner that I almost thought we were dining there as well! Somehow we eventually made it on the monorail and I had my face practically plastered to the window as we passed through the GF and approached the MK. Suddenly we rounded a bend and our car was instantly totally irradiated by blue and purple- THE CASTLE UP CLOSE!!!! I was sincerely surprised and started screaming. We all began exclaiming that it was even huger and "purpler" than initially anticipated. Everyone else in our car, the old, wise, and hardened WDW vets they probably were, were gazing at the floor and ceiling in boredom. I'm fairly certain that our fellow monorailers thought we were completely insane.

Transferring to the TTC and then to the Epcot line pretty much seemed to us like the most complicated thing ever. Explaining to Col. Joy how to get there was going to be impossible. Sometimes I am perplexed that that man used to be a marine. I was also disgusted by the high-tech fingerprinting process you have to go through at the turnstiles. I don't want to touch that thing! DL certainly doesn't fingerprint its guests. Isn't that illegal or something?

Anyway, I insisted upon having a photoshoot immediately upon entering the park:

dis05_0024.jpg

dis05_0025.jpg

dis05_0026.jpg

dis05_0027.jpg

Even though they were in WDW for the first time ever, the only thing my Mom and Heather could think to do was to go shopping. I was in too much of a food coma to build up to my usual state of irritation, so we headed off to Mouse Gear.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST...

...DAY 1.2 CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST...

Within the first ten minutes I picked up a festive Christmas plaid bag and hot pink neoprene Mickey Mouse camera case:

dis05_0062.jpg

dis05_0063.jpg

dis05_0064.jpg

Unfortunately, Mom and Heather weren't quite as quick. However, I was pleased to catch the usually grumpy Heather getting into the holiday spirit:

dis05_0028.jpg

An hour later, we were still shopping 'til we were dropping. My Mom was deciding between 2 types of plush Tinker Bell dolls for my niece and by that time I was so hungry that I imagined launching both dolls into a nearby Christmas display. Heather purchased a black, glittery WDW t-shirt and I eventually convinced my Mom that we could find an appropriate Tinker Bell at the World of Disney Store in DTD the next day.

Once we all stumbled out of Mouse Gear we still had around 30 min 'til our 8:45pm ADR at Coral Reef. A ride perhaps? But which one should have the honor of being our very first WDW attraction??? My mom reminded me that I had been babbling about Figment for months. That's right! Off to the Imagination Pavilion.

Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the pavilion since it was terribly dark in that area. After figuring out where it was, we immediately walked onto the ride. My Mom and Heather were perplexed but I was laughing my head off the whole time. My fav part was probably Figment's upside down hot pink bubble bath. I was pleased that the gift shop sold post cards featuring this great scene:

dis05_0066.jpg

In addition, I ran over to the wall of plush Figments and picked out the Figment w/ the best facial expression:

dis05_0065.jpg

We emerged from our imaginations, me clutching my new purple friend, and my Dad called us; he was apparently at the TTC and almost here. We still had some time to kill before dinner and noticed that Nemo lived right next door to the Coral Reef, so we ran inside and in about a minute were seated in our clammobiles. We all agreed that it was a cute little ride and approved, especially of the backgrounds of live fish.

By this time, my Dad was waiting for us outside the restaurant and had already checked in. I was unfortunately way too starving to even snap a pic of my fav, Gill, outside the ride entrance. Oh well- guess you'll have to wait 'til next Christmas, Willem Dafoe!

Stay tuned for a review of our rather astounding Coral Reef dinner and... super-waiter! See ya real soon! (I promise)

TO BE CONTINUED...

Hey, an update! :goodvibes

I really think I need to look at a map of WDW because I had no clue that SoG was that close to the Poly.

I love your description of your seeing the castle in the monorail. :laughing: Every time I go to Disney World, it's like, "woah, it's so big! and pretty!" Sleepy Beauty's Castle just seems so small in comparison.

And I love Loki modeling your bag. :)

Looking forward to hearing about Coral Reef.

Edit:
P.S.
Is it cool if I quickly mention I started my TR? You can find it here.

Love your report so far. We were on the same flight LAX to MCO and also saw DB on the plane.

How on earth can one possibly spend over an hour in Mouse Gear?! That's quite impressive, but I definitely would have stormed out after about ten minutes! Glad you liked Figment and that you gave it the honor of being your very first attraction! What a ride! :lovestruc

hey :) just found your thread and ive just caught up :surfweb: Loving the arts and crafts you did before hand, i may just have to invest in some pom poms and glitter glue :rotfl2:
Cant wait to read on! popcorn::

Woot, so pleased that Figment was your first ride! :figment: Definitely one of my favorites!

I also can't believe you spent so much time in Mouse Gear. Too bad you didn't know your way around at that point - I def would have been out of there about an hour earlier.

I do love that camera case you got! I am hoping they are still there this week; will certainly pick one up if they are! :thumbsup2

I was sent to this report by VBsHustla on twitter. I was not steered in the wrong direction. Really enjoying it so far. Hopefully things will settle down in real life so you can continue.

Have just come across your TR and had to comment, as I am also a planner and loved looking at your itinerary and colour coded sheet of the parks! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Love Laura's map of Epcot with places to find all the hotties :rotfl:

OMG on seeing David Boreanaz!!! :cool1: I also loved Buffy so would have been sooo excited and what a way to start your vacation! :goodvibes

Boo on having that kid behind you on the plane - I have had that on a long flight and it isn't pleasant :eek:

Love the pics of SoG and that snowman set up sure is amusing! I imagine myself being as excited as you guys on our first trip and squealing in delight over every little thing!! Hopefully I won't get too many funny looks - don't think I'd care though :lmao:

Love all the purchases and yay on booking another trip and getting the same room! :)

I love your description of your seeing the castle in the monorail. :laughing: Every time I go to Disney World, it's like, "woah, it's so big! and pretty!" Sleepy Beauty's Castle just seems so small in comparison.

I know right?? It's just SO humongous! In my next post (a tangent post actually, about a recent DL excursion) I included photos of the backs of both castles. When you look at them both one right next to the other like that, it's pretty crazy.

Edit:
P.S.
Is it cool if I quickly mention I started my TR? You can find it here.

Hahaha- well certainly! :cool1: I finally caught up the other day and am loving it so far!

Love your report so far. We were on the same flight LAX to MCO and also saw DB on the plane.

Hahahaha OMG really??? :rotfl2: I'm finding that hilariously hilarious at the moment! What a very small world! Wasn't that a great flight?

How on earth can one possibly spend over an hour in Mouse Gear?! That's quite impressive, but I definitely would have stormed out after about ten minutes!

DUDE, I have NO idea!!!! My mom and Heather were frequently the most annoying touring companions! They kept leaving me and disappearing and I would have to exert SO much energy trying to find them again. How do you spend an hour in Mouse Gear and 5 min in the China pavilion? :eek:

hey :) just found your thread and ive just caught up :surfweb: Loving the arts and crafts you did before hand, i may just have to invest in some pom poms and glitter glue :rotfl2:
Cant wait to read on! popcorn::

Why thank you! Pre-WDW crafting is pretty much the most rewarding activity ever. I def recommend door magents- returning to our room was always such a riot. Plus when a staffer came by once w/ extra towels he gave me the most bewildered expression.

I also can't believe you spent so much time in Mouse Gear. Too bad you didn't know your way around at that point - I def would have been out of there about an hour earlier.

I am truly never venturing into Mouse Gear ever again. I think after getting an hour of sleep, a 3000 mile journey, and being starving I was too delirious to really put my foot down!

I do love that camera case you got! I am hoping they are still there this week; will certainly pick one up if they are! :thumbsup2

I hope you found one! I bought my new camera in the summer and all the camera cases I saw were terribly ugly so I refrained. So glad I waited for the perfect hot pink Disney variety!

I was sent to this report by VBsHustla on twitter. I was not steered in the wrong direction. Really enjoying it so far. Hopefully things will settle down in real life so you can continue.

Thanks so much! :flower3: VBsHustla has excellent taste in TRs. I prob shouldn't be DISing at the moment but oh well! Currently drafting a new post about a recent DL trip and another that should finish up our first night in Epcot finally!

Have just come across your TR and had to comment, as I am also a planner and loved looking at your itinerary and colour coded sheet of the parks! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Love Laura's map of Epcot with places to find all the hotties :rotfl:

:welcome: Excellent- a fellow Danny Tanner-ite! I got such a kick out of those pocket itineraries and I actually consulted mine several times during our trip. I really recommend this great site that offers free "crowd calendars" and suggests the optimal park to visit for the day:

easyWDW crowd calendars

Just pick whichever month you need from the right. Their December calendar agreed almost exactly w/ my predictions, so I find them reliable. Plus we ran into almost no crowds during this trip which was dangerously close to Christmas, so I consider crowd logic a really worthwhile exercise.

Laura's Epcot map I found to also be quite accurate!

OMG on seeing David Boreanaz!!! :cool1: I also loved Buffy so would have been sooo excited and what a way to start your vacation! :goodvibes

I know!! :banana: I still laugh out loud about it sometimes. I love that they were standing right next to us and I hardly noticed at first.

I imagine myself being as excited as you guys on our first trip and squealing in delight over every little thing!! Hopefully I won't get too many funny looks - don't think I'd care though :lmao:

I'm so excited for your first trip to the World!!! :woohoo: Seeing all of the notorious WDW landmarks for the first time was truly even more superb than I anticipated. And I was semi-worried that my expectations would be too high. Def not the case- even my parents can't wait to go back! :love:

BY GOLLY, I HAVE ANOTHER NEW TICKER!!!!

Hello there, long time no see! I've been terribly busy w/ school lately and haven't been able to DIS. In fact, I shouldn't even be DISing right now but one of the first things I thought to do after dreaming up my latest WDW adventure was to make a new ticker! My notorious comrades, Kendra and Laura (aka VBsHustla), and I are spring breaking in the World! I managed to scrounge up a reservation at SoG w/ less than a month to go (I had to call them several times per day for a couple days in hopes of snapping up someone's cancellation). In addition, we'll be running up to Cape Canaveral for a half day to (fingers crossed) see space shuttle Endeavor lift off. This is the second to last shuttle launch EVER, and once we realized that it became quite the emergency.

You can watch the launch here:
Spaceflight Now | STS-134 | Mission Status Center

I have of course already constructed a crowd calendar and drafted our itinerary. I am SO not getting this paper done right now...

I really recommend this great site that offers free "crowd calendars" and suggests the optimal park to visit for the day:

easyWDW crowd calendars

I love that website too, especially as it is free! Have already been on it many times and have it saved in my bookmarks! :thumbsup2

I'm so excited for your first trip to the World!!! :woohoo: Seeing all of the notorious WDW landmarks for the first time was truly even more superb than I anticipated. And I was semi-worried that my expectations would be too high. Def not the case- even my parents can't wait to go back! :love:

Thank you!! I have the same worry but am glad that in actual truth you loved it and you all can't wait to go back!! :cool1:

BY GOLLY, I HAVE ANOTHER NEW TICKER!!!!

My notorious comrades, Kendra and Laura (aka VBsHustla), and I are spring breaking in the World! I managed to scrounge up a reservation at SoG w/ less than a month to go (I had to call them several times per day for a couple days in hopes of snapping up someone's cancellation).

I have of course already constructed a crowd calendar and drafted our itinerary. I am SO not getting this paper done right now...

:woohoo: on going to Disney World on your Spring break!!! :banana: :cheer2: :banana: Yay on getting a SoG reservation after calling several times and constructing your crowd calendar and itinerary!! :thumbsup2

I remember during my studies I used to look for every excuse possible so I didn't have to deal with my assignments :rolleyes:

TANGENT #1: "SWING KIDS" | Disneyland Saturday, 1/22/2011

Certainly I wasn't exclusively being academic for the duration of my month long absence from the DIS- I went to Disneyland! It was strange b/c when I was at the MK I kept thinking I was in DL and this day while I was in DL I kept thinking I was in the MK!

That morning, I drove down to Anaheim b/c there was a dollhouse miniature show in a hotel adjacent to DL. (I build dollhouses and furnish them w/ expensive things I can't afford) Kendra was actually totally available for a DL run and was planning on going swing dancing that evening in Carnation Plaza! So it was decided that we would rendezvous in the hub around 4pm.

I arrived at DL around 4pm but had to renew my AP before I proceeded. I was starving so planned on immediately running to Hungry Bear for my $2 grilled cheese specialty. When I finally finished shelling out $400 and had my shiny new AP in my hot little hand, I was appalled to find that Main Street was in a disgusting state:

dl_jan_01.jpg

The hub looked even more atrocious:

dl_jan_02.jpg

I've never seen the castle totally walled off before! After I recovered from my shock, I bustled to Critter Country:

dl_jan_03.jpg

Once I got myself round the mountain I was infuriated- Hungry Bear was closed too!!! What in the Disney World was I supposed to eat now??? I hobbled over to Fantasyland to distract myself while waiting for Kendra.

The new Rapunzel (excuse me, Tangled) character meet 'n' greet area:

dl_jan_04.jpg

dl_jan_05.jpg

I scoffed at all the poor suckers standing in the hour long Peter Pan queue. Then I noticed this alligator steeple:

dl_jan_06.jpg

I don't recall seeing this before???

dl_jan_07.jpg

Still love my hot pink California castle:

dl_jan_08.jpg

However the Florida variety is rather imposing, I must say:

dis05_0202.jpg

I then strolled into the gift shop inside the castle and found another thing I don't think I've ever seen before- this great Sleeping Beauty display:

dl_jan_09.jpg

My stomach was grumbling angrily at this point so I walked over to the Blue Ribbon Bakery and bought a monstrosity of a sugar cookie w/ hot orange sprinkles. I then went back to the hub where there were a million empty benches since the entire area was pretty much walled off and manically consumed the entire cookie in solitude. Unfortunately the 3000 sugar calories just weren't doing the trick so I wandered back down Main Street in a food coma and went through the shops, where all of the merchandise was quickly morphing into various food items.

Finally Kendra had arrived!! Even in my food coma, I spied her by the flag pole and we immediately set off to New Orleans Square for dinner since we were both starving terribly. Kendra mentioned that she had a hankering for this thing called a "Monte Cristo" sandwich that she had discovered on her last DL run, so we busted into Cafe Orleans w/ a 2 minute wait. Kendra ordered the sandwich and I settled on an $18 adult serving of mac 'n' cheese (what can I say? I don't do cajun-creole). The service at that place is the slowest ever but we wound up having a fabulous conversation and somehow dined for an entire hour. I sampled a bit of the Monte Cristo and almost had a heart attack. It was basically a fried donut enshrouding a block of meat and cheese, dipped in some sort of sweet fruit sauce. Definitely less of a sandwich and more like a dowich.

After eating we ran to Indiana Jones but it was broken! So we decided that we would instead go visit Abe, do the tower in CA Adv, then return to Carnation Plaza for swing dancing. Apparently a friendly gaggle of characters gathers in the Plaza every Saturday for a good swing. Kendra's recently been taking swing lessons much to my surprise since I can't imagine anyone voluntarily taking dance lessons. The food coma she was in made Kendra brave so she requested we eventually ride something "fast." I discovered that she hadn't been on BTMR in absolute yrs! We stopped for some FPs to use later on our way to see Abe.

We entered the Lincoln exhibition and I could barely take a pic of the original Sleeping Beauty castle model (Kendra's in the background gnawing on a turret) before the next show started.

dl_jan_10.jpg

Abe, you're up rather early this morning:

dl_jan_11.jpg

After the show ended, the silhouette of a brave, noble eagle swooshed dramatically across the walls and I became inspired and started brandishing my camera and singing: "Ameeeerrrricaaaa, spread your goooolden wings...." I was mortified when several people began gawking and Kendra exploded into laughter. I had been discussing this song earlier at dinner for some reason and Kendra exclaimed: "OMG, you really DO know the words!" Yes, unfortunately I can memorize songs and narratives from 99% of Disney attractions but can only recall 50% of my research on a good day. Oh well.

I took a few more pics while exiting the exhibition hall.

"You can't run from trouble, there ain't no place that far."

dl_jan_12.jpg

We both loved these centaurs gathering for a festival for some reason:

dl_jan_13.jpg

We followed that up w/ CA Adv, which is looking disgusting these days w/ all the construction. Kendra insisted we detour through the new Tron rave area on our way to the tower, just so I could "witness the insanity." Unfortunately I didn't take any pics b/c I was so terribly flabbergasted. There were obnoxious electric blue strobe lights, obnoxious techno music, and weird CMs clad in white and dancing obnoxiously atop these elevated platforms. Tweens, teens, and wackos with glow in the dark attachments were pretending they were cool and attempted to rave dance while fist pumping, some sipping drinks w/ glowing ice cubes. Small children were going bananas w/ neon blinking hula-hoops (Kendra and I tried to join in but all the hoops were being rudely monopolized). In short, I was pretty much bamboozled by the addition of a fake rave to my wholesome escape. What in the Disney World at you, CA Adv???

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST...

...TANGENT #1 CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST...

The tower was fabulous as usual. I was pleased to be ushered over to shaft #1. We returned to DL and were irritated to discover that Indiana Jones was still broken. So we continued on to Carnation Plaza. The place was in full swing:

dl_jan_19.jpg

Plus, a super popular band called "Stompy Jones" had come down from San Francisco for the weekend. Apparently they're adored by the swing community, hence the large turnout.

dl_jan_20.jpg

Funny story: Kendra met up w/ a guy (I think his name was Justin) from her dance class she had planned on rendezvousing w/ that evening. We finally found him and merely seconds after first contact, a girl w/ a purple scrunchie ran over, practically threw herself at Justin, introduced herself, and proceeded to hover. I was instantly amused and later pointed out the ambush to Kendra. Kendra confirmed my observation and explained that Purple was obsessed w/ Justin and was automatically jealous of everyone, however the two seemed to be perpetually locked in some weird pre-dating or worse yet for Purple, some pre-not-dating phase. Since I'm not really into swing dancing, I spent the rest of the time trying to take action shots of Kendra and spying on Purple.

dl_jan_14.jpg

dl_jan_15.jpg

dl_jan_16.jpg

dl_jan_17.jpg

dl_jan_18.jpg

dl_jan_21.jpg

dl_jan_22.jpg

dl_jan_23.jpg

You'll be super duper excited to hear that I also filmed the madness that is swing:

Kendra swing dancing at Disneyland w/ Stompy Jones! (YouTube)

After Kendra had her fill of swing dancing, we realized we were positively freezing cold so we headed over to the now empty Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante and huddled under their heating lamps while we called our mothers (I wonder if I'll still have to check in like this when I'm 30?). Since the restaurant was conveniently adjacent to BTMR, we got in the FP queue. At that late hour our FPs only saved us about 5-10 minutes, but I'll take it!

Kendra, who hadn't been on BTMR in several yrs, totally flipped out and immediately requested another round later. We then ran back to Indiana Jones, which was still broken, so we hit up Pirates instead, during which the fireworks must've taken place. We were seated in the last row and unfortunately the boat behind us was chock full of ridiculous teens who decided to sporadically flick water at us. Once I realized where the water was coming from I was on the verge of jumping out and wading through the water so I could ring their little teenage necks when suddenly they disappeared into the fog. I assumed a CM was on top of things and spaced out our boats a bit to diffuse the situation.

After we emerged from the bayou, we rounded Tarzan's Treehouse and hesitantly peeked over at Indiana. It was open!!! People were straight up strolling into the temple so we decided to pass up the single rider line. Upon initially entering the queue, we paused and debated for about 10 seconds to make sure we weren't making a mistake by traveling into the regular standby line. Within that time, two giant, crazy college guys practically ran over us and started complaining loudly about the fact that we stupidly had no idea where we were going. I was like whoa there, I have 2/3 of a PhD- NObody w/ 1/10 of a bachelors in general studies calls me stupid! I whipped around in preparation for a smack-down and they began apologizing profusely. Unfortunately we got stuck w/ these strange characters for the rest of the queue and the entire ride.

We were pleased to discover that we had a full 10 minutes to get to BTMR for a 2nd ride before the park closed at 11pm. While screaming past my favorite goat chewing dynamite, we decided that we would get an ice cream sundae on Main Street on our way out. When we arrived at the establishment, we came across this exceedingly random but great photo opportunity:

dl_jan_24.jpg

I don't understand how I've been roaming DL for 20+ yrs and never realized that the ice cream shop actually has a name: "Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor." We ordered a double cookie sundae and split it. I of course annihilated my cookie within seconds.

After Kendra caught up w/ me and, in turn, annihilated her own cookie, we traveled to the Emporium where I purchased a white lacquered Mickey Mouse silhouette photo frame. I later put a photo of my Mom, sister, and me in front of DHS back in December in the frame and gave it to my Mom as a thank you gift for WDW! My Mom actually almost bought the same frame in WDW. While exiting the store, I came across another thing that I had never noticed before- these scenes up near the roof of the store w/ animatronics. My fav was this woman sitting in an office and feeding her parrot:

dl_jan_25.jpg

So that about wraps up my tangent. Kendra was off to the Lion King parking lot while I headed to Mickey & Friends. Can't wait to shove Kendra on the WDW version of BTMR!! I'm planning on posting our Coral Reef dinner and the remainder of our Epcot evening in the next few days- just have to finish this terrible paper first! 'Til then- see ya real soon!

I remember during my studies I used to look for every excuse possible so I didn't have to deal with my assignments :rolleyes:

Hahaha totally! DIS is really the ultimate procrastinating tool. I don't know why I don't simply just complete the paper up front and DIS afterwards- it would be so much less stressful. :laughing:

What a great DL Adventure! However, I am horrified by the following aspects: 1) Main Street: that castle looks even more pathetic than usual with that wall all around it! :sad1: 2) The Tangled meet and greet: that hair all over Fantasyland looks simply disgusting! 3) the fried meat/cheese donut combo! The cookie, however, sounded sublime.

The Lincoln show looks completely amazing! I just adore any combination of Disney and patriotism, so I imagine that show is extremely inspirational! I am appalled that Kendra was shocked by your performance of Golden Dream :scared1: Well, Kendra will know that song all too well soon enough! :thumbsup2

Love the swing dancing video! Kendra's dancing and Stompy Jones were both very impressive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter