June W. I. S. H. - Summer o' Fun

Father's Day activities for DH will fill my day.

Today, I think back on my own father who passed on Maundy Thursday when DD was just an infant. He was living in Florida at the time, and we had a trip scheduled in May so that he could meet his granddaughter. I was devastated that he never got to hold her in his arms. Following his passing, we cancelled our trip to Florida. Instead we went to North Truro, Cape Cod staying in the same hotel on Cape Cod Bay that we stayed in every summer of my life. It was the place that I felt closest to him, the only way that I could say, "Goodbye."

My FIL passed a few years ago, so today, DH is the star of the show. Fortunately, it's hot and sunny, so we will be able to be out in the sunshine and go swimming in the pool.

SUNSHINE - SEROTONAN
SWIMMING - ENDORPHIN, SEROTONIN
HUGS - OXYTOCIN
LAUGHTER - ENDORPHIN
EATING FOOD - DOPAMINE
DOING THINGS FOR DH - DOPAMINE

Dopamine - getting through the stack of mail that has been piling up all week.

Oxytocin - cuddling the kitties.

Serotonin - getting outside to do some yardwork.

Endorphin - I think I'll go with the dark chocolate on that one. :teeth:

I'm with you on that one. I love my kitty more than most humans! :cat:

Hmmm, I don't see wine mentioned with Dark Chocolate 🍷 That one fits in every category for me.:rotfl2:

Father's Day activities for DH will fill my day.

Today, I think back on my own father who passed on Maundy Thursday when DD was just an infant. He was living in Florida at the time, and we had a trip scheduled in May so that he could meet his granddaughter. I was devastated that he never got to hold her in his arms. Following his passing, we cancelled our trip to Florida. Instead we went to North Truro, Cape Cod staying in the same hotel on Cape Cod Bay that we stayed in every summer of my life. It was the place that I felt closest to him, the only way that I could say, "Goodbye."

My FIL passed a few years ago, so today, DH is the star of the show. Fortunately, it's hot and sunny, so we will be able to be out in the sunshine and go swimming in the pool.

SUNSHINE - SEROTONAN
SWIMMING - ENDORPHIN, SEROTONIN
HUGS - OXYTOCIN
LAUGHTER - ENDORPHIN
EATING FOOD - DOPAMINE
DOING THINGS FOR DH - DOPAMINE
:hug:
Today is a little sad for those of us that no longer have our fathers with us-I found myself thinking about my dad today and wishing I could tell him I loved him one more time.

I was in a pretty funky mood yesterday, but can’t name the emotions. The charger in the hotel room didn’t work and I didn’t have a regular plug, so that was worrisome. Blood pressure is down but not to where it used to be, so more worry there. My car has started having trouble turning over at start up some times, so again worry… I guess I just answered my “what emotion” question.

On the cruise yesterday we found a grouping of about 20 whales from multiple family pods. They were mostly juveniles and babies and were very active, playing around. A couple came up about 15 feet from the boat, right by where I was standing. It was breathtaking.

Really like the hotel, there’s a shared balcony to sit on, so I sat outside and read last night. Today I’ve been running around, including getting a phone charger. It is high summer beautiful, and it is so heartening seeing people out and about doing summer things.

Last edited:

I grew up surrounded by naysayers. I have many negative people in my life that influenced me without me realizing it. When it came to weight loss, I failed at every diet and developed a yo-yo pattern.

I think it stemmed from a lack of belief that I was strong enough and had the willpower to lose weight and keep it off. After all, I love to eat. I have quite the sweet tooth and really don’t like vegetables. Exercise is the last thing that I would like to do.

Then the pandemic hit and something shifted. My outlook changed. It turns out that I am rather resilient and strong. Since February I have been strong enough to stay the course eating much healthier without completely denying myself and getting my body to move even though it is painful sometimes. There are setbacks, but I get back to it again and again.

It turns out that I believe in my own strength. I believe that I can, and I am doing this. I won’t stop until I reach my goal.

But it’s finally here!!! The last day! I made it!!! And I’m probably 90% moved into my classroom for next year. Just a few more things to move this morning or after school. Plus some stuff from my basement that is finally going back to school! I do get emotional on the last day. I enjoy reflecting on the year and thinking about how far they’ve come. And this year is really interesting to reflect on!

New week-staying mostly on track. My daughter and grandson are staying another week with us so I have walking buddies. Need to plan out healthy snacks and dinners.
My clothes are feeling better, so that’s encouraging. I might go shopping tomorrow since it’s going to rain. Trying clothes on is always a good motivator!

I have 3 more "school" days, but we are just doing minimal stuff - revisiting the kids favorite games we played and looking up things they want to know more about. So far this morning, we reviewed some art concepts and did a fun project. It's recess now, and then we are going to read some Harry Potter facts. (My little almost-niece has just become a huge fan in the last couple of weeks.)

I don’t often think about strength, but this prompt has got me contemplating it. Am I strong enough to do what I need to do to restore my health? I am on the right tack, I’ve done well with limiting sugar, I’ve been moving more, I’ve added potassium which seems to be helping with the stiffness. Am I strong enough to keep going.

What I do:

1. Drink water instead of soda.
2. Dilute fruit juices with water.
3. Add lime to selzer water.
4. Drink a healthy protein shake instead of chocolate milk.
5. I limit alcohol to special occasions. I don't mind Skinny Girl cocktails, but if I want a full sugar one, I will have it.

I draw the line with coffee. I choose to drink it every morning with half n half and raw sugar. It is my one indulgence, and I am not willing to compromise.

I don’t often think about strength, but this prompt has got me contemplating it. Am I strong enough to do what I need to do to restore my health? I am on the right tack, I’ve done well with limiting sugar, I’ve been moving more, I’ve added potassium which seems to be helping with the stiffness. Am I strong enough to keep going.
100%. You are definitely strong enough!

What I do:

1. Drink water instead of soda.
2. Dilute fruit juices with water.
3. Add lime to selzer water.
4. Drink a healthy protein shake instead of chocolate milk.
5. I limit alcohol to special occasions. I don't mind Skinny Girl cocktails, but if I want a full sugar one, I will have it.

I draw the line with coffee. I choose to drink it every morning with half n half and raw sugar. It is my one indulgence, and I am not willing to compromise.
I love seltzer with a slice of lemon or lime. I’m going to work on that this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!