JUNE W.I.S.H. Challenge - Looking Ahead

I did some self-care things yesterday, mostly sorting out three bags of clothing to donate. I thought I would get down to a capsule style wardrobe, but still have a lot of clothing. I picked Mike's ashes up mid-day, then bought myself a nice little bouquet of flowers while at the grocery store. as a condolence.

Our store at the mall closest to me is now open, so I'm headed there today to do some cosmetics shopping to replenish things that have run out. My haircut turned out OK, he didn't cut the back right so I won't be a able to go two months till the next cut as I had hoped, but the rest looks OK. Next week I want to start putting more effort into getting ready for work again, but putting on my makeup and styling my hair.

The cloud cover is supposed to burn off mid-day, so I'm trying to think about where I want to go on my Sunday drive, after I'm done at the mall. After that it'll be more chores around the house, sorting thru a few more things and possibly doing more painting.

I gave my DH the cards I had made (one from me, and one "from" the cats) and fixed him an egg sandwich for breakfast, but after that, we both got to spend a self-care Sunday morning in the pool!

DS is working this morning, but he and DH have plans to watch a movie together later.

My husband played golf this morning, so I was able to get my bike ride & lifting in as well as some chores (grocery shopping, picking up his favorite donuts for our family Father’s Day picnic, and filled out an online application for a cottage at a local campground). I always feel good when I get stuff accomplished!

Motivation Monday:

The main reason I started trying to lose weight was to improve my health. Unfortunately, that wasn't motivating enough for me to be consistent. When we scheduled our June 2020 vacation to WDW back in the fall, it gave me newfound motivation. I got my act together on December 1, 2019 and joined Noom. As of March 2020, I lost 20 pounds. Then the pandemic happened. You all know the rest.

I have not made any progress since then. I've gained and lost the same 5-10 pounds. As of today, I am the weight I was in March, 20 pounds down. I have been struggling to get motivated again. You have all helped, but I have had a hard time making it stick.

During the past week, I have reassessed my situation. Do I want to be at the same weight or higher in three months from now? No! I want to be another 20 pounds down. I need to lose 55 more pounds. If I get serious and stick with Noom, I could easily lose this weight in less than a year.

I began to imagine all of the health benefits of 55 more pounds lost. My blood pressure would return to normal. My knees and back would feel so much better. I would be less at risk for diabetes. My asthma might even improve. I wouldn't need a wheelchair in WDW.

Then I realized that today I would have been packing my suitcase for my now cancelled trip to WDW. Obviously I'm really disappointed that we aren't going on vacation on Wednesday. But, how much more exciting will it be next year (if we have a vaccine) to be able to buy all new clothes for my newly thin body? I have been paying off my credit card to Lord & Taylor. It will be so fun to be able to go shopping and not have to buy plus size clothes anymore. I will never be skinny, but it would be so cool to pick out clothes that I could never wear right now.

What is your motivation?

Last edited:

This week I am motivated to make sure I get 2 walks a day - in the morning I do a 30 minute walk - I set a timer for 15 minutes, put my headphones in and go until my timer alarm goes off then turn back and walk back the way I came. My morning walk is around near my home. Not all days get a 2nd walk and so that is my focus this week - is to try and make sure I get a second walk of at least 30 minutes again - so that I am hitting 60 minutes walking per day. This afternoon I just walked near home again and dragged DS19 with me as he really needs it - he has been inside way too much since Covid - I am aiming to give him a motherly nudge into some more walking with me in the afternoons when he doesn't have work ;) If I have time I will drive to the beach for a beach walk in the afternoons for a change of scenery. The walking is getting easier - I am not as puffed, my muscles in my legs and shoulders are not screaming at me - and I am starting to be able to pick up the pace a bit.

So Sunday was 'weigh in' day for the program I am doing and I have lost 2.7Kg or 5.95 pounds in 3 weeks :banana:

My motivation is that someday, we'll all look back on "the great quarantine" or whatever it ends up being called, and we will have come out of it better, worse, or unchanged. I want to come out of it better - my body, my mind, and my home.

I picked Mike's ashes up mid-day, then bought myself a nice little bouquet of flowers while at the grocery store. as a condolence.

I hope you have a lovely spot for his ashes. A nice bunch of flowers (even when we do spoil ourselves) is a nice pick me up in the house :)

During the past week, I have reassessed my situation. Do I want to be at the same weight or higher in three months from now? No! I want to be another 20 pounds down. I need to lose 55 more pounds. If I get serious and stick with Noom, I could easily lose this weight in less than a year.

You can do it - great reflection - and those things health and WDW access are all good reasons - I know it can be hard - believe me I often wonder why health risks haven't been enough to get me making bigger changes sooner - but if it was easy no-one would end up overweight! We have got this :)

I have kept 70lbs off (occasionally gaining/losing those pesky 5lbs) for almost 20 years. I can’t imagine being my age and still carrying those extra pounds. I would be miserable. Staying in my clothes is a big incentive as well.
It takes planning and there are days when I am not motivated so I have to be disciplined. I make poor choices some days but most days I make good choices.

Motivation Monday:

The main reason I started trying to lose weight was to improve my health. Unfortunately, that wasn't motivating enough for me to be consistent. When we scheduled our June 2020 vacation to WDW back in the fall, it gave me newfound motivation. I got my act together on December 1, 2019 and joined Noom. As of March 2020, I lost 20 pounds. Then the pandemic happened. You all know the rest.

I have not made any progress since then. I've gained and lost the same 5-10 pounds. As of today, I am the weight I was in March, 20 pounds down. I have been struggling to get motivated again. You have all helped, but I have had a hard time making it stick.

I began to imagine all of the health benefits of 55 more pounds lost. My blood pressure would return to normal. My knees and back would feel so much better. I would be less at risk for diabetes. My asthma might even improve. I wouldn't need a wheelchair in WDW.

Then I realized that today I would have been packing my suitcase for my now cancelled trip to WDW. Obviously I'm really disappointed that we aren't going on vacation on Wednesday. But, how much more exciting will it be next year (if we have a vaccine) to be able to buy all new clothes for my newly thin body? I have been paying off my credit card to Lord & Taylor. It will be so fun to be able to go shopping and not have to buy plus size clothes anymore. I will never be skinny, but it would be so cool to pick out clothes that I could never wear right now.

What is your motivation?
You did not gain back those 20lbs-that is a major accomplishment!

This week I am motivated to make sure I get 2 walks a day - in the morning I do a 30 minute walk - I set a timer for 15 minutes, put my headphones in and go until my timer alarm goes off then turn back and walk back the way I came. My morning walk is around near my home. Not all days get a 2nd walk and so that is my focus this week - is to try and make sure I get a second walk of at least 30 minutes again - so that I am hitting 60 minutes walking per day. This afternoon I just walked near home again and dragged DS19 with me as he really needs it - he has been inside way too much since Covid - I am aiming to give him a motherly nudge into some more walking with me in the afternoons when he doesn't have work ;) If I have time I will drive to the beach for a beach walk in the afternoons for a change of scenery. The walking is getting easier - I am not as puffed, my muscles in my legs and shoulders are not screaming at me - and I am starting to be able to pick up the pace a bit.

So Sunday was 'weigh in' day for the program I am doing and I have lost 2.7Kg or 5.95 pounds in 3 weeks :banana:
6lbs gone! :cheer2:

My motivation this week...

The pound I lost came back on, of course it did, if you haven't lost a pound at least three times did you really lose it at all?

I've been out-of-pocket on so many things, I just need to get back in to the routine I had going. I know I said this last week, but it didn't happen, so I'm saying it again this morning. I started the week with a morning walk, and I'll also be going out for evening walks...like I was. I gave myself the weekend to eat different things, including going out to lunch Sunday, which was wonderful and felt like being on vacation. But now it's back to my controlled routine of oatmeal for breakfast, salad for lunch and simple protein for dinner. The weight is coming off.

I'm also dreaming about how healthy and energetic I'll be for my WDW trip next Spring, and all the cute clothing I'll be able to wear. I was dragging myself around the past two trips, so tired and crappy feeling, but not next time. Next time I may even do commando-style touring and (if park-hopping is allowed by then) may repeat the four-parks-in-one-day challenge.

My revised goal for the month is to lose -2 pounds... so be it!

Last edited:
I like the motivation of envisioning a trip to WDW at a healthy weight and new clothes!
We still have a trip in October on the books. They are booked with DVC points we would lose because they were saved from previous years. If the situation in Florida has worsened or they close again I might be able to rebook but not past February. I have made my peace with losing the points if necessary so we’ll see.

I like the motivation of envisioning a trip to WDW at a healthy weight and new clothes!
We still have a trip in October on the books. They are booked with DVC points we would lose because they were saved from previous years. If the situation in Florida has worsened or they close again I might be able to rebook but not past February. I have made my peace with losing the points if necessary so we’ll see.
I really hope that you don't lose your points, but it is good that you have made peace with it and put it all in perspective.

Our trip to WDW will not be happening unless there's a vaccine because we would not be safe otherwise. That means losing the money we spent on first class flights. It would be a shame to lose that money, but I've accepted that may happen in the interest of our well-being. It was our choice to book expensive flights in order to be more comfortable. (It's important for us to be able to be seated on an airplane with plenty of leg room and not need a seatbelt extender.)

Florida is the last place that I want to be right now after seeing how the governor is handling Covid19. Years ago we had planned on moving there when DD graduated from high school. We decided to remain near NYC when she became a performer. If we move anywhere, it will be California.

We have witnessed that a lot can occur in a very short time, so what will happen with our scheduled trips remains to be seen. I will not give up on hoping for a vaccine so that we all can resume normal life working hard and playing hard. That includes a fabulous vacation to Walt Disney World!

When I come out the other side, I will be healthier and thinner!

According to this website, you actually do need more calories the week before your period!

This makes a lot of sense. My only problem is i give into the cravings to eat junk. I need to do better with picking better choices.

Well, as a result of being on antibiotics for my root canal infection, I got thrush as predicted. I already had medication for it from the dentist, because it was inevitable. Unfortunately, it didn't work, so she prescribed something else which will hopefully work.

I have been on an antibiotic twice this year. I got thrush both times. I never had it before. The first time I had no clue for a bout a week that this is what it was. Everything tested funny and I didn't want to eat. I caught it quickly the second time. Thrush is horrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter