June / July 2020 Discount Watch Thread

Taylor'sMom

Wish I was there...
Haven't been able to locate a watch thread for June or July 2020, so I figured I'd start one.
We are looking to go late June or early July next year... hoping we'll see a Free Dining discount. I wouldn't have thought it possible with GE now open (and I think a lot of people deferred their 2019 trips to 2020), but bounceback and UK discounts give me hope!

July here, already booked but willing to switch over on promotion. If not, we are still going.
Same. Except we want WL and the standard room that we booked already isn’t available for our dates anymore.

My last trip though I was able to get a courtyard view for less than the rack rate on the standard, so hoping that happens again. We loved the courtyard view

We stayed at Beach Club last July for 11 nights and it was awesome. Planning on going again this year for a similar amount of time but I’m not attached to Disney enough to book their current rack rates (this would cost almost $4000 more than last year with our discount!!!!). We are hoping for a discount and if there are none maybe stay offsite or even try universal or Disneyland.

I’d love to get free dining this year if it’s offered. We missed out last year but still ended up with a good savings with the Canadian ticket discount and room discount combined.

Same. Except we want WL and the standard room that we booked already isn’t available for our dates anymore.

My last trip though I was able to get a courtyard view for less than the rack rate on the standard, so hoping that happens again. We loved the courtyard view
Yep, looking for a room discount, standard category always goes first. I don't mind switching categories, but if prices go up again, old standard room pricing might be the discount for us.

Yep, looking for a room discount, standard category always goes first. I don't mind switching categories, but if prices go up again, old standard room pricing might be the discount for us.
That is true. That’s why we booked. We wanted a certain resort

We’re going June and I’m still searching for best deal before booking. Want to book with a agency who really watches for discount for you and can get them switched to it when it comes out.

Haven’t been since before Pandora opened so looking forward to all the new things!

YO

That’s good to hear because we would like a courtyard view

I have read some are getting a 30% off discount code running until June 30th in their emails. I checked mine but did not get one. I think it had mostly deluxe resorts included/ I will see if I can find it again.

I have read some are getting a 30% off discount code running until June 30th in their emails. I checked mine but did not get one. I think it had mostly deluxe resorts included/ I will see if I can find it again.

I got that PIN via snail mail but it didn't cover our dates. I don't remember the specifics, but there were discounts at every level of resorts on mine. There was very limited availability at the values for the dates that I looked at.

ETA: I pulled out the card again and it *does* cover our dates. It's a 20% discount for our suite at AoA for the dates in June. But our trip spills over into July and those dates aren't covered by this PIN so it ends up being a 12% savings on our total stay (only the room is discounted). I guess that's better than nothing. We might be able to book with a free dining bounce back as a family member who is going on the trip with us actually just found out he has to go to the Orlando area on business later this week so he's looking to book a Disney room for one night (company will cover it if it's the same price or less of where he's supposed to stay, so it's not costing him anything to do this -- nothing to factor in our "savings") through Priceline or something so he can book a BB offer for the trip. Fingers crossed...that will save us way more money than this PIN as we're a party of 5 so even the free QS dining plan would save us over $1,000.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!