June Challenge

Only 4 pages done this month. I went to a 12 hour crop, but my DD was sick and I had to leave early so not too much accomplished.

Got my area cleaned yesterday! Actually I cleaned the entire one side of the basement! The other side is a work area....not touching that with a 10 foot pole!
My scrap area is in the middle of the play room....Just a small little place! But it works!
managed to finish 2 pages! so my total is now up to 26.

TN Traveler I hear ya! I think the people who are that caught up either started much earlier than me....I will never be caught up because I have about 9 years of my married life I would love to scrap...
I will say I keep up to date with the kids school books and scouting. My goal is to have those books up to date by the start of the next school year. All my other books...well if I get them caught up great if not...oh well at least I have the pictures!

I'm finally in with 5 pages done. Kids have VBS and I decided instead of helping this year I bought some supplies they needed and I am going scrapping every morning. 3 hours a day for 5 days. Yippee for me! I should have lots more done by the end of the week.

Yeah, for the first time ever, I can say I'm in. It's only four pages, but camp is starting soon. My personal goal is a two page layout everyday!!! I have a long way to go as I am working on Oct. 2002. We have had 8 Disney trips since that one, not to mention the rest of life. I am trying to use all of the cool scrap stuff I've accumulated in the exchanges. :goodvibes

Ok here are the updates:

wtpclc = 22
wuvtigger = 26
bigsis1970 = 26
valerieK
knovak = 4
haley's mom
Tn Traveler = 4
welovemickey
Alice28 = 14
fantasticdisfamily
spinning = 26
Queenie = 2
Wdwmom = 5
lewdyan1 = 4

And me I did 6 pages tonight and that puts me up to 10.

OK, I got a bunch more done today. I have now finished 14 pages. I finally feel like I am starting to get my head above water. I think I am less than a year behind on all of my books. Yippee :)

cobbler said:
You suck ;)

Good for you!!!

I might suck, but do you have any idea how many books I have...

Our family book which I just got caught up to 1/1/05
DD14 book at 9/04
DS10 book at 8/04
DS9 (tomorrow) not sure it's been awhile. I think fall of 04.
WDW book 1 trip behind in 3/05
Vacation (not WDW) 1 trip behind 1/05
DD Girl Scout book which is a school year behind

That's 7 so far....

Plus I am doing my Mom's pictures. I started a year ago at about 1920. I am now working in the mid 1970's.

I am very anal and I must work in chronological order so I try to do one book (not my mom's) at a time up to a certain time period and then move to the next book. With so many books in different places it is driving me crazy. I will be so glad to get all my books into 2005, which I think are just the kids at this point. That now leaves everything that we have done in 2005 to scrap. That is 4 CD's with about 200 pictures each on them. Oh my, I better get off the computer and get scrapping.

Ok, so I THOUGHT I'd get a strong start this month. After all it is June and on my work calendar that means all of my PTO (paid time off) that we hoard till the end of our fiscal year had to be used up...so I have most of the month off and that means tons of time to scrap right?

Well first I had to finish all the graduation gift books which I couldn't count because the pages don't really get finished until the kids add their own journalling and fill in the blanks with photos I've given them before or they take. Then both kids were heading out for most of the month so they had to be "readied". Finally, since both kids were gone, we shut down and remodeled our main bathroom. It is now a Nemo theme and looks great - except I MUST FIND turquoise rugs!

So on Sunday & Monday I was finally able to sit down and scrap and completed...drum roll please....21 PAGES!

I hope to get more than that done because I feel like I' losing ground!

Deb

2 more done last night so I think I am at 28. I hope to try and complete at least 2 a night. Not sure if that is realistic. But I know I won't have blocks of time to do a lot of scrapping unless of course it rains!
But have to finish up this years school books!

I have a lot of books to so far. I just finished my sons first book last night. It is from birth to age 1. He is 4.5 right now.

I do have a trip book to Columbia, SC complete
I have a funeral book completed
I have a Niagara falls trip book completed
I have my book to my senior year completed
I have my sons school book up to date
That makes 6.

I need a dance book yet to do
a Washington DC book yet
a general family trip book
4 Disney trips + 2 this year to do
a general family book
Stepsons books
stepsons school books
and my son needs more to get up to where he is in age.

Gosh thats a lot - I wonder if I will ever be done ;)

cobbler said:
4 Disney trips + 2 this year to do

It was so much easier. The 1st page has

****** Family Adventure

2003 ~ 2005

Each corner has a pix of one of the parks. Then each page after that uses 1 letter of the alphabet (ie J = JoJo, Jasmine, Jungle Book)

It sure helped me get caught up. I was going crazy trying to do a book for each trip.

I do have 1 book for each of the girls (lots of pages for the 1st year for each of them, then a 2 page spread for each year until they are 18),
our disney book,
3 autograph books,
family annual books,
professional photo book (I put the 8x10's in this book)
Christmas book
and family reunion book.

NONE of these are complete. I am trying to get away for a weekend & sort everything so I can get caught up.

Judy

I am up to 20 pages so far. It has really been helping me to pull my papers and embellishments the night before, then when we head out in the morning, I'm all set. Plus I do not have to carry so much stuff to my LSS. I actually had to go to Sam's and get some more pictures developed. I will pick them up on the way tomorrow. I am finally going to start our trip to the Domincan tomorrow.

I would love to combine my trips into one book, but last year I took 256 pictures. The year before just over 100 so each trip will have to be in a seperate book because there won't be enough room to have them all in.

I got a bunch done for my cj last night, so I should have at least 2 more pages after the weekend. Not, much but I oput a lot of thought into it when it goes in someone else's books.

Glad you're on the board Deb! I've missed seeing your posts. Wow, are you telling me you bathroom's done except for the rugs? Wow. Mine's not there yet. :rolleyes1

Complete 4 pages today. Not that great but I was having a hard time with one layout. Starting working on our trip to the Dominican Republic so it is something fresh. I did pull paper and stuff for it at my LSS so I should start tomorrow right away. I am hoping to be done with them by the end of the month. We'll see if it happens.

Hey Carrie, I've been in hibernation so to speak. And generally I only access the boards from campus as I get too busy from home. Yes, I actually am here on a Saturday - yuck.

Yes, bathroom is done except for rugs - n ow if anyone can tell me where I can find that nice deep marine turquoise I'd be most appreciative. (NOte: we did not tear out walls and rebuild from the studs up though!)
Deb

OK, it is now the end of the month and I am am officially checking in to this challenge. Between my new job as a tutor and our trip to Las Vegas, I haven't had too much scrapping time, but I have somehow gotten 22 pages done which is sorta surprising! :confused3 Hopefully I can get a few more done by the end of the month!

13 more pages done here. That brings my total to 37. All that in less than a week. I amhoping by the end of the month I have a gift book done and our trip complete. We'll see what the kids are up to this week and if I am spending time at home or in the car.

With 5 days left this month, I finally am on the boards! Tonight I did 4 pages. Yay! It's amazing how the time flies when you're on vacation and such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter