June 8, 2013 Mediterranean Magic!!

MrsKP

Mouseketeer
So who is joining us??

It will be me (41), DH (43) and DS (13) sailing the Med!! Our friends Derrick & Lorraine will also be with us.

We're in! It will be me (23) and future DH (26) on our honeymoon! AND I snagged a secret verandah room! :dance3:

What a great honeymoon! Very cool. Looking forward to the planning. Bride's make great planners since you are in that mode.:banana:

What is your name?

Count us in!! We have never been to Europe, so very excited:woohoo:
It will be me, DH, DD (16) and DD (13). Oh...I love FEs.:banana:

I have never done an FE??

Looks like we will have some similarly aged teenagers :scared1: My son will be days shy of 14 when we sail.

We're booked for this. It'll be me, my husband (both 33 on the cruise, it's exactly a week after my birthday!), my mom, then 9yo daughter, 6yo son, and 3yo daughter. We're in 8530 and 8528. We're doing a B2B with this cruise and the 12 night after it. Well, hoping too, as it's contingent on my husband being able to secure this week off, as well as the following 2, but I think it should work out!

B2B sounds very nice!! You must be a June baby as well. My birthday is the day we are in Rome.

I really cannot wait to be in Europe. First time there and so excited I get to combine that and the Magic :woohoo:

I know, I know, this is really early to ask, but I am going to anyway. Has anyone done a Med cruise through DCL? If so, did you do the excursions through DCL or on your own.

I have read some of the threads where some really liked the DCL Excursions even though they were expensive and others gave great recommendations for private tour companies, which sounds really appealing since you can create your own itinerary and you aren't moving at someone else's pace.

So much to plan on consider :confused3

B2B sounds very nice!! You must be a June baby as well. My birthday is the day we are in Rome.

I really cannot wait to be in Europe. First time there and so excited I get to combine that and the Magic :woohoo:

Yep, June 1st! I would have loved to do that cruise, but then we'd have a week before the 12 night and I don't think my husband would buy that long of a trip!

I know, I know, this is really early to ask, but I am going to anyway. Has anyone done a Med cruise through DCL? If so, did you do the excursions through DCL or on your own.

I have read some of the threads where some really liked the DCL Excursions even though they were expensive and others gave great recommendations for private tour companies, which sounds really appealing since you can create your own itinerary and you aren't moving at someone else's pace.

So much to plan on consider :confused3

We did the 10 night Med in 2007, it was me, my mom, then 3yo daughter and 11 month old son. We did all the excursions through DCL cause the idea of struggling on our own with 2 tiny kids was not enjoyable! This time around though, not so sure. We'll definitely look into both ways.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

I will check into DCL excursions and other options, then chose. This will take a lot of planning!! We hope to fly in several days before and stay several after. Airfare is going to be hard to swallow! So we will make the most out of trip. I plan to start reading trip reports and get out my notebook for massive note taking! A B2B would be fabulous!

We will be doing it on our own. There are tons of trip reports out there wih lots of information. Plus our fellow DISer's are always helpful so if you find something you are interested in, just ask!:thumbsup2

We will be doing it on our own. There are tons of trip reports out there wih lots of information. Plus our fellow DISer's are always helpful so if you find something you are interested in, just ask!:thumbsup2

I think the only ports we will be doing on our own will be Nice and Rome. We might to do the car service for Rome.

:dance3:I booked this week for three adults myself,DH, and DD. This is our third cruise after the Wonder and Dream from Port Canaveral. We are looking forward to Barcelona and the ports of call.I am trying to find as many previous med trip reports as possible

Got my invoice and travel info from TA today. Started our excursion fund @ the credit union last week. I cannot wait to officially start planning this trip!! :banana: as of right now we just have ideas.....

I just booked our pre-cruise hotel stay at the Hilton Diagonal. DCL has used this hotel on previous cruises, so I am hoping that they will again. I wanted to use our Hilton Honors points so we didn't have to pay for the hotel, but I was floored when I found out that many of the rooms using points were already gone. So others are obviously planning ahead.

Now to wait for the airlines to bring out the airfares.

I bought the book by Rick Steves on Mediterranean Cruise ports. It is very good and has a section on Barcelona.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter