June 7, 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean

whitfive

Mouseketeer
Here we go!! :cool1: I am so excited to start this thread! :woohoo:
This will be our 5th Disney cruise and our second on the Fantasy. We have never booked on opening day before, it gets a little crazy! :scared1:

Sailing in our party is:
Me (Michelle), DH Jim, DS Josh (18 at sailing), DD Hannah (17 at sailing) and DS Matthew (13 at sailing)

We are also traveling with my BFF and her family. Their group includes:
Laurie, DH Rich, DS Ian (18 at sailing) and DS Collin (15 at sailing). This will be their FIRST Disney Cruise! I am trying to show her the ropes and get her on the DIS! :teacher:

So.....who else is in??? I can't wait to "meet" you! :thumbsup2

Michelle

hi Michelle-- well, looks like it's just you and me here!
hopefully we'll get some more folks on our trip... here's to the next year and a half of planning! :yay:

-Sandra

Welcome aboard Sandra! It all has to start somewhere, may as well be with us! :lmao:

My last cruise was 18 months out and we had a blast..several of us (100+) eventually moved over to a Facebook page and we had soo much fun! We ended up planning excursions together, different meet ups, a mixology class (47 of us!) and linking reservations! It was crazy how attached we got in a year and a half! We still have our Facebook page going and we cruised in June!

I have since learned I have a slight cruising attiction and have two more cruises scheduled before this one! I probably should join a group! :rotfl2:

I see that you are new to posting on here..have you cruised before? Who all is in your group?

Hi Michelle and Sandra,

We'll be there too. It will me (Chris), DW (Jamie), DS6 (Ivan), and DS3 (Liam). It will be our first cruise.

Best,
Chris

Hi and Welcome Chris and crew! Glad to have you!:thumbsup2
Get ready for information/planning overload! (In a good way!)

oh, Michelle... I AM a part of your facebook group! :flower3: so, yes, I have cruised a few times before-- first time with DCL, though, was this past June 2012.

June 2014 cruise will be me (Sandra), DH Matt, DS Jason (7 @ time of sailing) and DD Karah (4, almost 5 @ time of sailing).

I am trying to recruit my sister and her family to join us-- which shouldn't be too hard, as they are already booked for their 2nd DCL cruise this summer in the Mediterranean! so hopefully they will book on board to join us!

oh, Michelle... I AM a part of your facebook group! :flower3: so, yes, I have cruised a few times before-- first time with DCL, though, was this past June 2012.

June 2014 cruise will be me (Sandra), DH Matt, DS Jason (7 @ time of sailing) and DD Karah (4, almost 5 @ time of sailing).

I am trying to recruit my sister and her family to join us-- which shouldn't be too hard, as they are already booked for their 2nd DCL cruise this summer in the Mediterranean! so hopefully they will book on board to join us!

Oh Sandra!! I am such a dork! :rotfl: I forgot you mentioned on the FB page you had booked this cruise!!! YAY!!
So all my great information was preaching to the choir!!:rotfl2:
I don't think I ever "talked" to you on the DIS...only on FB! Eventually we'll have to move over there!
AND....you will have to make sure you make it to the mixology this time!
:thumbsup2 Wasn't your sister on the other cruise with us?
SO glad you are here!! We will have to keep recruiting the others!! :rolleyes1

yes, as you noticed- my messages on this thread are my first posts on the DISBoards... I think I just directly hooked up with the facebook page after we booked our previous June 2012 cruise, so I never checked in over on the DISBoards after that. actually, I think it was because of you all on the facebook page that I even decided to get a log-in name for this site! :banana:

and, YES, my sister was on the previous cruise... and YES I *will* most definitely be at the Mixology this time! and I really, really hope that means we'll have enough people interested to have another big class! if not, I'm at least going to hook up with you to go to one-- I am still so bummed about that whole thing! augh...:sad2:

Hi, I just booked my first disney cruise. I have been wanting to go for awhile. I do love all things disney, been going to disneyland for more years than I can count and quite a few times to wdw. It will be myself (DGM), (DD), and (DGS)-who will be 12 when we sail.
Suggestions, hints or anything at all would be greatly appreciated, I really want to make sure my DD and DGS have a magical time.
Looking forward to the experience and hearing from people on this forum.

Welcome amj! You are going to LOVE:love: Disney cruising!
You will get so much information form the DIS and as our cruise fills up, a great new group of "cruise budies":grouphug:

Thank you for the warm welcome. Hoping to learn a lot in the upcoming months. Amj

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :cool1:

Have a great cruise!

I am concerned about cruising in June, how is the weather? And does it rain everyday? Any info or your experiences would be appreciated. I do tend to worry,lol.

We just sailed the Fantasy on June 2, 2012. The weather was fabulous...I don't think it rained at all! I think we had some overcast on the day we were in Mt. Maarten but that was it! It was pretty warm. I participated in the Castaway 5K and that felt like running on the surface of the sun! lol! I wished for a little rain that day! :lmao:

I am concerned about cruising in June, how is the weather? And does it rain everyday? Any info or your experiences would be appreciated. I do tend to worry,lol.

We just sailed the Fantasy on June 2, 2012. The weather was fabulous...I don't think it rained at all! I think we had some overcast on the day we were in Mt. Maarten but that was it! It was pretty warm. I participated in the Castaway 5K and that felt like running on the surface of the sun! lol! I wished for a little rain that day! :lmao:

We were on the exact same cruise on June 2, 2012! I also ran that 5K and I agree, it was quite difficult and I am used to running in altitude. I wish Disney would get to CC a bit earlier on the Eastern itinerary.

I agree that the weather was nearly perfect the whole week. Virtually no rain and the water at CC was so much warmer than March. I could actually enjoy being in the water vs just looking at it.

We are currently booked for this cruise (we booked the day before the general public could book). However, the cost of this cruise is over twice what we paid for our June 2, 2012 Fantasy cruise for the exact same staterooms! :scared1: I knew it'd be higher, but double?!? We are seriously considering another cruiseline because of the prices. From the lack of people signing up for this thread, it sounds like we aren't alone.

Is demand really that much higher for summer cruises? I haven't checked prices for other cruiselines yet, but I have a hard time believing that their prices are even remotely close to Disney's. I used to defend Disney and say that if you booked early, you could save quite a bit. I don't think that savings is there any more. Day one bookings will pay about the same as Day 500 bookings.

I am also thinking about another cruise line, but so far the other lines do not have their itineraries for June 2014. So I will keep this cruise and compare prices when the other cruises come out. My mother asked to come along, so now I need two cabins, oh my very expensive. I have always wanted to do a Disney cruise, but the cost is so much I just don't know. I will keep this cruise for now.

Hello everyone,
We're just off the Fantasy and rebooked this cruise while onboard. This will my my 5th DCL cruise and my DW 4th. Looking forward to meeting you all...see you real soon. :goodvibes

Hello! We are signed up for the 6/7/14 Western Caribbean Cruise on DSL. My hubby and I, 3 children and their partners and 3 granchildren (ages 12 at time of sailing, 2-age 10 at time of saling. this is our second cruise with DSL. Went to Eastern Caribbean in 6/12. It was fantastic. Can't hardly wait for 2014!:cool1:

Welcome aboard folks! Glad to see the group is growing, even if we are still 18 months out!
:cool1:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter