June 5th, 2017 - 7-Night Alaska from Vancouver, BC

Any ideas on the best way to get from the airport to the port? Do we need a car? Also is it cheaper to book airfare through Disney or on our own?

We like to use Disney transportation as they do all the work for us so we just sit back but it's a bit pricey if you have a big party. The airport has lots of taxis and shuttles that are a great price. Their train system is great and tickets are super cheap so that's another option to check out think it gets you pretty close to the port

What excursions have you heard good things about?
Really depends on your finances, interests and physical condition. A lot of these excursions can be pricey. We took an amazing helicopter trip to a glacier and then hiked around the ice with a guide several years ago (without kids), and it was fantastic. The river trips to see bears and eagles are also very cool. Traveling WITH kids, we went to the dog sled camp, panned for gold, watched the lumberjack show, took the White Pass railway trip... all fun. This time around, since the kids are a little older, we will try one of the zip-line adventures and maybe do some fishing. We might do the trek across the glacier on snowshoes, but I'm not certain if our 9-year old will find it too strenuous.

Has anyone booked excursions yet? I'm looking for ones that will keep my 7 year old daughter interested.
We went to Alaska on a different cruise line a few years back when our boys were about 5 and 7. They loved the dog sled camp and panning for gold, enjoyed the lumberjack show, and while they loved trains they found the White Pass railway trip to be a little long. It sort of depends on your daughter's interests, but if you can get out into the wilderness areas at least once the scenery is amazing. There are also a number of things to do in each city (museums, historical sites, kid's places) that are way less expensive than the excursions, so you might want to look those up through TripAdvisor.com. And she may not want to leave the ship!

Hello! We are booked for our second DCL Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder. We went 5 years ago (25th Wedding Anniversary celebration) without the kids. This time we have 2 of our children attending, DS (25) and DD (12). We have booked the Whale Watching and Orca Point Lodge excursion in Juneau. We did this excursion 5 years ago and had a wonderful time. We got some amazing photos of whales. They then dock at Orca Point Lodge and feed you a simple, but wonderful salmon lunch.

I am wondering about on board activities. I see a Frozen deck party and a Pixar Pals party. I see no mention of a pirate night dinner/dress up as was the case on our previous cruise. Is that still part of the festivities?

Hello! We are booked for our second DCL Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder. We went 5 years ago (25th Wedding Anniversary celebration) without the kids. This time we have 2 of our children attending, DS (25) and DD (12). We have booked the Whale Watching and Orca Point Lodge excursion in Juneau. We did this excursion 5 years ago and had a wonderful time. We got some amazing photos of whales. They then dock at Orca Point Lodge and feed you a simple, but wonderful salmon lunch.

I am wondering about on board activities. I see a Frozen deck party and a Pixar Pals party. I see no mention of a pirate night dinner/dress up as was the case on our previous cruise. Is that still part of the festivities?
In Alaska, the Pixar party replaces the pirate party.

Well we are sitting in San Francisco airport waiting on our flight to Vancouver that has been delayed. So close.

Well we are sitting in San Francisco airport waiting on our flight to Vancouver that has been delayed. So close.

Well at least you have a flight. Someone in Milwaukee altered/cancelled our Toronto to Vancouver leg. I think we got it back after several calls to delta, westjet, and Expedia but we won't know for sure till we land in 20 mins

Well at least you have a flight. Someone in Milwaukee altered/cancelled our Toronto to Vancouver leg. I think we got it back after several calls to delta, westjet, and Expedia but we won't know for sure till we land in 20 mins

Well we did not. Got a ticket but no seats. Luckily there is a flight two hours later we can get on

So far not a Magical Vacation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter