June 2020 Trip Cancelled :(

This is all I'll say because I actually have no interest in a debate because just like in everything- people can and need to come to their own conclusions based on the information they have or find, but I figured I would get some heat for my comment of not wearing one regularly anyway.

I appreciate your view as one who is more in the middle of it that I am. I am not caring for anyone with Covid, those are the recommendations from The WHO on which healthy people should wear one. I also do not live in a densely populated area like NY City.
But there is so much conflicting information on whether or not mask wearing stops you from spreading and/or the "asymptomatic" cases are actually contagious. In fact, a recent study said "we conclude that the infectivity of some asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 carriers might be weak." Some even say a mask gives a false sense of security and people are touching them all day long, bringing the virus to your mucous membranes.

And while everyone wearing a mask to keep everyone else safe in theory is good, we (non immunocompromised) the regular folk actually NEED daily doses of bacteria and viruses in order to keep our own immune systems working properly, or we will have more immune issues in our populous.

I am a different sort though, I had home-births and my doctor is a functional medicine doctor, so my idea of normal healthcare starts with my own natural immunity and then works out to conventional medicine as needed instead of jumping to drugs as a first resort except in dire need.

But I will not wear a mask at Disney just because the CDC thinks I should (conflicting with The WHO by the way).
So we are prepared to cancel in a year if that is still a requirement based off my own research and judgement. :)
I do have people in our family that would not fare well with Covid, both of them have had lung disease, so we are keeping our distance from them as a precaution, so I am not blind to the spread of Covid, but staying away is safer than wearing a mask and getting up close.
My comment to this Michelle is, the suggested responses change so quickly the mandatory mask wearing might change next week, two, or three weeks from now. I'm of the heard immunity school in general and with this virus in specific. Maybe it's because I too live in an area of very low numbers. We shall see how this all pans out.

But I will not wear a mask at Disney just because the CDC thinks I should (conflicting with The WHO by the way).
So we are prepared to cancel in a year if that is still a requirement based off my own research and judgement.

...and this I think is key with people who won't go with a mask... "we are prepared to cancel..." whenever it is (next month, next year, etc.) if the mask requirement is there. Disney is going to do what Disney does and (as so many things with Disney that cause uproar whether FP+, price hikes, taking things away, or this case masks) they will continue to have as many people as they need willing to put up with whatever the "thing" is that is a deal breaker for others. Disney makes their own rules and you either say "that is fine" and go or "I won't deal with that" and don't go. I personally think masks will be there for a long time (as I think Disney plays to the ultra that side of things)..but who knows. In any case, the point is that at least you are at peace with saying will just cancel if that is how it goes. Some people are ready to burst blood vessels about something they can't do much about. Better to be at peace with what you will or won't do and let the chips fall...

...and actually...I think (for the immediate moment) it seems as if Disney is making things as unpleasant as is possible for them (to get people to cancel) to do in order to reduce how many people show up at the start...just my opinion.

...and this I think is key with people who won't go with a mask... "we are prepared to cancel..." whenever it is (next month, next year, etc.) if the mask requirement is there. Disney is going to do what Disney does and (as so many things with Disney that cause uproar whether FP+, price hikes, taking things away, or this case masks) they will continue to have as many people as they need willing to put up with whatever the "thing" is that is a deal breaker for others. I personally think masks will be there for a long time (as I think Disney plays to the ultra that side of things)..but who knows. In any case, at least you are at peace with saying will just cancel if that is how it goes. Some people are ready to burst blood vessels about something they can't do much about. Better to be at peace with what you will or won't do and let the chips fall...
The way things have been changing week by week I'm not sure the mask thing will be around all that long, but like you say..."who knows".

The way things have been changing week by week I'm not sure the mask thing will be around all that long, but like you say..."who knows".
Don,

You are probably right, although there is a good reason why the mask thing should stick around for a while.

I won't clog up forums with a mask discussion CDC vs WHO. There is a good public health reason why those 2 groups don't align. If you are really interested, PM me and I'll explain why. Either way, businesses are going to set their own rules for a while and we have to decide if we want to deal with it. Just like prices, ADRs 180 days (now 60) in advance and stalking MDE on the morning of D-60 for the FOP, SDD or another hard to get FP. We decide to deal with the rule or vacation somewhere else.

j

The rollercoaster continues. Our RMNP vacation had to get cancelled because of work again. So we're going to a few state parks and moochdocking at my in-laws' farm for a few days. The kids are surprisingly cool with it. "As long as we're camping."

Good news though, thankfully Disney extended our tickets to September 21. We have new reservations for FW in June/July 21 and we're ready to roll.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!