June 2020 Questions

MattysMommy

Earning My Ears
I am planning a trip to Disneyland next June. I own DVC (Bay Lake at Disney World) and from the east coast, so the last few times, we went there we used DVC points, but now I know it is pretty much impossible to use them at Disneyland..... I have not booked a hotel directly from Disneyland since the early 2000's, so I need advice, do they ever do discounts on rooms or packages? and in June? I know June will be crowded, but is it miserable?

Thanks!

This June was far from miserable, crowds were really light :) but thats not the norm. For reference I go to Disneyland every June, my most recent visit was June 29 to July 3 and was my 10th visit. This is my trip report https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...any-firsts-mixed-with-old-favourites.3758518/

Do you HAVE to stay onsite, as there are only 3 onsite hotels and they are wildly expensive. Most people on DIS stay offsite. There are plenty of options for all budget types and many are a shorter walk than the onsite hotels.

As BadPinkTink said, the crowds were pretty good this year in June, but no one knows if that's the new normal or an anomaly. Normally, June is pretty busy, with the summer season starting, grad nites, and last trips before AP blockouts go into effect. This year, the APs were blocked out of DL earlier and I think a fair number of people anticipated huge SW:GE crowds so they stayed away. By next summer the second ride will be open. I think it's basically a roll of the dice whether next June will be like this year or more like it had been in the past (crowded).

I second the recommendations to look into some of the motels/hotels along Harbor Blvd. Most of the ones closed to DLR are motels (but not really priced like a motel), but within easy walking distance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter